Ed Oliver OUT Sunday

Big Blitz

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

we ready for another game like the one here 2 years ago where they passed 3 times cause they could run whenever they wanted to?

They passed 3 times because there was hurricane force winds. 

Are you confused with the 43 is the Mike game from back when we used to pretend Bryan Scott was a linebacker?

12 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Sorry but the Patriots are going to run all over the Bills.

Perhaps.

I will say I have already seen more film of Bernard scraping off blocks successfully than I ever saw of Edmunds (although, that's a low bar)

And then there's this on Dorian Williams:

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

And you realize that the Pats oline has been decimated by injuries but are likely getting back 3 of their 4 best lineman this week in Onwenu, Strange, and Brown, yes? 

And I am sure they will just step right in and not miss a beat right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Oliver has been impactful this year, but if ever an opponent to sit Oliver, it’s the Cheats.  We still have Poona, Phillips, and Settle.  We’ll need to pull another from the PS.  We also have on clear passing downs can kick GROOT to the inside.  If anything with his height and length should disrupt crossing patterns for Mack.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You realize BY FAR this team has the fewest Man Games lost to injury in the NFL over his tenure, right?  Like I am talking about 2nd place is not even in the rearview mirror on a long straight road if you want a driving analogy. People simply don't understand how many players are injured on other teams...far more than on the Bills.

Last year the Bills had 140 man games lost to injury, 4th lowest in the NFL. Tennessee had almost 350 by comparison! Year before that a team had over 400! Every year under McD Bills have been top 5 fewest man games lost, with 140 being the MOST they have ever had...usually its between 100-120, including least in the NFL twice and under 100 once.

We think injuries were bad last year and by comparison to previous Bills teams under McD they were...but compared to the rest of the NFL they are still very much far better off.

While that may be true, that says nothing of the value of the players out.  Example, which hurt more, Damar Hamlin being out for the year or Micha Hyde being out?  WHO misses the game is so much more important than just missed games.  If Diggs is out, whole game plan changes.  Hardy can’t play.. who?  Etc.  not having Tre, Jones, Milano, Oliver etc available is far more concerning that Settle missing games last year.

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Allen and company will score more than 30 points. Injuries or no injuries the Pats won't match the Bills score for score.

What about the Giants game? They almost won and didn't need to match us score for score.

If you think this is going to be a blowout and we're going to score over 30 points like it's a breeze then you need to reassess.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Good, McDermott is probably giving these guys unofficial "vet rest" games if they are dinged up a bit.  I'm sure if it was the playoffs he'd be in there this Sunday.  Keep the team as healthy as they can for the long haul.

I don't believe this for a minute.

I do believe that they realize Oliver likely won't be able to recover in time to play Thurs and will be limited if he plays Sunday

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Big loss.

Phillips needs to have his one big game of the year this week

Actually, Phillips needs to discipline himself and play within the scheme and not overpursue this week.

Ford, Settle and whoever they elevate off the PS need to step up, and Rousseau needs to be impactful if they rotate him inside.

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott being McDermott. Good for 2 losses every year smh

I have no idea what on earth this means. 

McDermott saying an injured player who did not practice is out for the game, is somehow mistaken?

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Franco_92 said:

Sean also said Milano had his surgery - do you know if it's confirmed that his ACL is ok/new odds on him being healed in January? 

I would like to know this too, if anyone has details on what exactly the surgery was, where it was, and any possible info on the timeline

@HappyDays?

20 minutes ago, buffblue said:

And you realize that the Pats oline has been decimated by injuries but are likely getting back 3 of their 4 best lineman this week in Onwenu, Strange, and Brown, yes? 

Edited by Beck Water

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I would like to know this too, if anyone has details on what exactly the surgery was, where it was, and any possible info on the timeline

@HappyDays?

That's the good news. Pats are missing some key pieces on defense as well. Would be a nice day for the offense to find it's rhythm 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It's a foot/toe strain and doesn't appear to be serious. Per my usual source.

Has your source mentioned at all the extent of Milano's injury?  And if Daquan might actually have a chance of coming back this year?

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This might be the most injury-cautious coaching staff in the history of the NFL.  I'm not saying I disagree with the approach but my goodness they've been a complete horse hospital under McD.

Agree, and agreed.

Evil Me sometimes wants to go old school, like w race horses back in the day (I spent waaay too much time at Keenland): shoot 'em up with Buprenorphine and have at it.

I keeed, I keeed...

56 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Last I checked. no one important from the offensive side is out! No excuses. Pats have a horrid injury list. Bills are either a contender or pretender. If this game is close, the Bills are alleged SB contender frauds... PERIOD!   

Yes. Because sweeping hot takes after 7 weeks are always accurate. More things should be based on a 2-3 week basis. 

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

Last I checked. no one important from the offensive side is out! No excuses. Pats have a horrid injury list. Bills are either a contender or pretender. If this game is close, the Bills are alleged SB contender frauds... PERIOD!   

So if they win 21-18, they’re frauds? 

A win is a win. As fans…we’ll scrutinize their play, but it always shocks me how quickly people can dismiss the past success this team has earned.

They’re still a very good football team. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re finding out about a lot of players on defense, that’s for sure. Depth tested.

I wouldn't mind Boogie around now. 

2 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

No excuses. Pats have a horrid injury list. 

So did the Giants. Just saying. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

I think if the Bills somehow go down 0-3 in the first quarter I would drag McD out of the arena in chains. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I expected to see more of Groot/AJ inside on passing downs. Hope we can incorporate some version of that w Floyd playing outta his mind and Von hopefully getting a full workload

Ed is another huge L for the D. He's been playing phenomenal 

Edited by JerseyBills

8 hours ago, balln said:

AJE does NOT set the edge well. Groot does

one or two injuries to interior DL and we may be in trouble 

Obviously Ed Oliver’s injury doesn’t help.  But NE’s offensive line has struggled pretty bad this season too.  So I think I’d call it more of push than a disadvantage 

If the Patriots rush for 125 yards and get consistent push on b/n the tackle runs the Bills could easily lose this game. Mac Jones is good at the short passes and can dink and dunk with the best of em. If I’m McD I’m putting Dane and Benford on an island, playing 1 safety deep and focusing on stuffing the run and short passes. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If the Patriots rush for 125 yards and get consistent push on b/n the tackle runs the Bills could easily lose this game. Mac Jones is good at the short passes and can dink and dunk with the best of em. If I’m McD I’m putting Dane and Benford on an island, playing 1 safety deep and focusing on stuffing the run and short passes. 

Oh how we can wish / hope

but he won’t. He will not change

we’ll get dink and dunked to death the rest of the season. Teams like Kc and cincy and sf will steam roll

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

We know DJ is out for the season?

Technically, no. He was quoted as saying 6 weeks to heal, a couple weeks of rehab and a couple of getting back into the swing of it. So 10 weeks from now is pretty much season. So if he's available post season that would be a bonus, but for now we don't have him so......

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

and they are coming through.   These things will set up the Bills for the long run.  Go Bills !!

We’ll find out soon. The Giants OL and WRs are so bad be can’t even grade that game. It was good to get some live action though. Patriots won’t be much of a test either.

But Poona Ford and Rousseau should be able to handle missing Oliver in terms of inside rush. Hopefully Settle steps up at a 1T.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.