Bills COO and senior VP fired

Dablitzkrieg

23 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Never dip your pen in the company's inkwell.

Way to throw away your career.

"The joys of love are but a moment long;

the pain of love endures the whole life through."

Good quote, only thing is these cases generally aren’t love, they’re something more fun. That’s how people continue to be foolish. Definitely not it worth it regardless, I couldn’t agree more. Why middle aged people with money and powerful positions can’t find these type of relationships outside of work is beyond me. 

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

She's not worth losing the job over.  The little head won and the big head lost.

Really John Roth will get another job in the corporate world it’s a job. Terry Pegula needs to get a life. The Buffalo Bisons have had tons of success marriages from people that met at work. Terry Pegula is a very tough person to work for and deal with from his track record of firing people. Russ Brandon didn’t care he found another job. It’s a job Terry Pegula doesn’t own people regardless of how much money he has he is a miserable person to work for by his track record and actions. Unfortunately too many people in Buffalo give Terry Pegula a free pass including the Buffalo media and sooner or later more of the Buffalo fans and media will wake up it isn’t all that fired person fault look at the crazy control freak owner in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Really John Roth will get another job in the corporate world it’s a job. Terry Pegula needs to get a life. The Buffalo Bisons have had tons of success marriages from people that met at work. Terry Pegula is a very tough person to work for and deal with from his track record of firing people. Russ Brandon didn’t care he found another job. It’s a job Terry Pegula doesn’t own people regardless of how much money he has he is a miserable person to work for by his track record and actions. Unfortunately too many people in Buffalo give Terry Pegula a free pass including the Buffalo media and sooner or later more of the Buffalo fans and media will wake up it isn’t all that fired person fault look at the crazy control freak owner in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I always say that everyone is replaceable; just make sure you don’t let people find a reason to replace you.

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is all internal business stuff. The players on both teams probably didn't even know these people except in passing. But it is interesting that Roth is out as he was just named in July. Financial Shanangans?

Maybe we caught betting on nfl games?

Edited by AuntieEm

It’s not shocking but somewhat surprising they would risk their careers like this. Clearly a conflict of interest and not smart. 

Not as bad as Russ tapping everything that walked at OBD but still a bad look. It’s kinda like what Jim Rome used to say (maybe he still does): Sex is undefeated. You can never win. 

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I agree to an extent. Some things get wonky when one person roles into the other. But COO and General Council are both fairly high on the totem pole. The issue I think is the general council more so than a workplace violation. 

I worked somewhere where our SVP of Sales dated and married our general council. They were basically told “we can’t keep you both, it’s a conflict.” And we let the GC go. 

Assuming they were fairly forthcoming about it I’d give them time to work it out. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

It’s not shocking but somewhat surprising they would risk their careers like this. Clearly a conflict of interest and not smart. 

Not as bad as Russ tapping everything that walked at OBD but still a bad look. It’s kinda like what Jim Rome used to say (maybe he still does): Sex is undefeated. You can never win. 

Love is more important than some stupid job. 

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

If any member of the Bills/Sabres organization is called in to Pegula's office after a bad loss and there's plastic on the floor, they better make tracks fast!

“Do you like Huey Lewis and the News” -Terry Pegula, probably 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

This is why you don’t have a romantic relationship with somebody who reports to you. 

It is shame.  They met each other and fell for each other.  She is a general counsel level attorney.  Hard to imagine she is not capable of making her own decisions.   To the best of my knowledge Terry Pegula and the former president of the Bills have a romantic relationship. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Love is more important than some stupid job. 

If it is truly Love it will prevail  in the end. I'm not going to judge their relationship. I just think optics would be better if one of them had resigned. The down low never lasts that long they were bound to be found out

amateurs.

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.