Bills signing Josh Norman - yes, seriously

Big Blitz

OMG. Elam must suck far worse than even we can know. It's only been a year from being round 1!🤮

Josh Norman, wow, just wow.

Might be the single worst first round crash in the history of the franchise. 

30 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Portends an Elam trade? 

"trade" for what?

Okay, I suppose, "ANYBODY take him and his low rookie salary"

Saw the tweet.....laughed out loud because I thought it was a joke.  Found out it wasn't a joke.  Laughed even harder.  

436 year old Josh Norman is the best we can do right now?  There's literally no better options on a practice squad or something in the NFL than someone who's been sitting on the couch for who knows how long?  There's nobody you could trade a pick for that could be worthy of a roster spot?  I find it hard to believe.  Might as well call Ted Washington to replace Jones while you're at it.

Oh well.....whatever.  I will say he played admirably with us a few years ago.  He wasn't real good, but I could tell he cared.  It's just unfortunate he will always be synonymous with getting thrown into the 3rd row by Henry.  But hey....if he still wants to try and compete, more power to him.

Just now, sven233 said:

Saw the tweet.....laughed out loud because I thought it was a joke.  Found out it wasn't a joke.  Laughed even harder.  

436 year old Josh Norman is the best we can do right now?  There's literally no better options on a practice squad or something in the NFL than someone who's been sitting on the couch for who knows how long?  There's nobody you could trade a pick for that could be worthy of a roster spot?  I find it hard to believe.  Might as well call Ted Washington to replace Jones while you're at it.

Oh well.....whatever.  I will say he played admirably with us a few years ago.  He wasn't real good, but I could tell he cared.  It's just unfortunate he will always be synonymous with getting thrown into the 3rd row by Henry.  But hey....if he still wants to try and compete, more power to him.

Honestly, Terry needs to fire McDermott if this is true.  He keeps going back to former players in  his system and this guy is 400 years old like you said. He SUCKED and became a national embarrassment for us the last time he played here. If he were still worth a damn, he would have been on this roster this entire time.

I mean at some point he has to go and get someone else who may fit his scheme, it very concerning he isn't.  And from what I saw Sunday, we need a guy who can come in and replace the totally inept Elam or at least play the nickel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think the Bills should sign Darius Rush from the Chiefs practice squad.  Not sure how he fell so far from grace since before the draft.  But he is 23, vs Normans, 123 years of age. 

McD don’t believe in Father Time

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

According to CBS Sports. they are signing him to the practice squad, not the active roster.  Maybe they simply want a veteran presence to help out the younger players.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-signing-former-all-pro-cb-josh-norman-to-practice-squad-amid-rash-of-defensive-injuries-per-report/

And if it’s for a different purpose, which I doubt but can’t rule out after the Micah Hyde/Calvin Ridley/cover zero approach … bad news for/about Elam. 

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

According to CBS Sports. they are signing him to the practice squad, not the active roster.  Maybe they simply want a veteran presence to help out the younger players.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-signing-former-all-pro-cb-josh-norman-to-practice-squad-amid-rash-of-defensive-injuries-per-report/

This. It has to be that McD just trusts Norman as another vet coach in the CB room to Help groom these guys and teach them the scheme, especially with Tre now gone. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Is this the best we can do? Typical Beane, low cost dumpster diving without gambling draft capital. We can win it all this year? Believe me, KC would bring in quality talent like they did last year. 

This is a McD move not Beane. I guarantee it

30 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Ingram to the 53 and Norman to the PS is not that bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.