Bills signing Josh Norman - yes, seriously

Big Blitz

• Big Blitz changed the title to Bills signing Josh Norman - yes, seriously

Um, well, uh, at least he was still getting gigs through last season. I thought maybe he was out of the league for a year or two.

On one hand, absolutely crazy. On the other, McDermott puts an incredible amount of emphasis on guys who know his system. And midseason, he's going to value that over someone learning on the fly. So I guess I shouldn't be as shocked as I am.

Especially since there's absolutely no one out there right now and teams trading away good CB's midseason are exceedingly rare.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I think this move is less about Norman on the field and more about a lack of a real veteran presence in the CB room.

Norman knows McDermott's D inside and out. I think Norman will be more of a coach to the young guys like Benford and Elam than anything else. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this is almost worse for what it says about Elam. We will take a guy that was washed up a full 3 years ago and sitting at home for years, over Elam? 

Elam felt a lot like Leodis McKelvin. Regularly in position, but had no idea when or where the ball was coming from. McKelvin was an idiot, Elam seems much smarter. This feels like something he can get better at with more playing time. 

I would rather work through that issue than try and get 57 year old Josh Norman to drink from the fountain of youth. We'd be better off spending our time trying our hand at alchemy. Honestly. Norman has absolutely nothing to offer at this point. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Will we look back on this as the turning point where this season went off the rails in January? :(

The season was ruined because the team signed a guy to the PS? Last year we signed a washed up Xavier Rhodes to the PS. Did that spell the end of the season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.