Bills signing Josh Norman - yes, seriously

Big Blitz

Someone put up a list of available FA corners last week after Tre injury. It was slim pickin’s and Norman was on it . Gotta have a warm body ready to go in just in case. Still a few weeks to go until trade deadline . Any stopgap type guy out there right now is going to be underwhelming. 

Just now, Mango said:

Elam felt a lot like Leodis McKelvin. Regularly in position, but had no idea when or where the ball was coming from. McKelvin was an idiot, Elam seems much smarter. This feels like something he can get better at with more playing time. 

I would rather work through that issue than try and get 57 year old Josh Norman to drink from the fountain of youth. We'd be better off spending our time trying our hand at alchemy. Honestly. Norman has absolutely nothing to offer at this point. 

McKelvin was 10x better than Elam. He was an athletic freak and a decent CB. If it wasn’t for that pesky 2 fumble game against the Patriots…

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Someone put up a list of available FA corners last week after Tre injury. It was slim pickin’s and Norman was on it . Gotta have a warm body ready to go in just in case. Still a few weeks to go until trade deadline . Any stopgap type guy out there right now is going to be underwhelming. 

Good chance to take a look at someone you dont know well that could surprise. Most likely wont pan out, but a guy like Norman is not going to pan out. 

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This is pretty awful.

Seems very odd this is the best they can do but corners are hard to come by.

I really hope he never has to play.

So do the Bills … but again he knows the defense. They don’t have a month to get someone up to speed . Just a fail safe in case of yet another injury. Shows how they feel about Elam as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Elam felt a lot like Leodis McKelvin. Regularly in position, but had no idea when or where the ball was coming from. McKelvin was an idiot, Elam seems much smarter. This feels like something he can get better at with more playing time. 

I would rather work through that issue than try and get 57 year old Josh Norman to drink from the fountain of youth. We'd be better off spending our time trying our hand at alchemy. Honestly. Norman has absolutely nothing to offer at this point. 

agree completely. I don’t think Elam is a lost cause. And if Norman had nothing to offer in 2020, I am not sure what changed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

So do the Bills … but again he knows the defense. They don’t have a month to get someone up to speed . Just a fail safe in case of yet another injury. Shows how they feel about Elam as well. 

yea any corners not already on a roster or practice squad have faults of some kind.  They can't burn a roster spot on a bad player from a practice squad at the moment so its a familiar veteran.

still didn't think it would be someone who the league retired years ago essentially though

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What exactly would you like them to do?  That report of Bills fans being the smartest is not even close to being true.  These takes are so dumb 😂

Sign a guy who has played in the NFL within the last 3 years.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

His most memorable play as a Bill.  Getting flung out of bounds by a Derrick Henry stiff arm.

JN.JPG

I saw the title and only came to here to scroll through find the GIF & picture of Big Stiffie!  😃

Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.