2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

SO many of us saying it for awhile.  GET Josh a top O-Line and look out NFL.

IT"s happening.....

Legit strong in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Health the wild card, but this team can win it all, no question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That game might’ve been needed.

Better that it was week 1. Take the medicine, get back to the grind, and use whatever the defense gives you to your advantage.

He looks great out there - surgical. 3-1 is a great place to be right now, and there’s nobody better to have at the helm than JA. MVP is nice, but I can’t tell you all the MVP’s over the last 5 years… I can tell you who won a Lombardi though. I hope we get both, but I won’t be upset if JA gets snubbed for MVP as long as he gets his ring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The national narrative was correct. When he tries too hard and takes too many chances it hurts the team. He has obviously learned from that game.  He is playing calm and under control and taking chances when they make sense.  Being embarrassed on national TV might have been the best thing to happen to Allen.  He is playing the best football he has played since the KC playoff game.  

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

11 TDs. 5 turnovers. 74.8% completion percentage. 7.8 YPA. 

Leading a 3-1 team that's gonna have the largest point differential in the NFL after this week... probably by a large margin.

We're so lucky.

Damn, as nasty as Diggs is I don't think I would have guessed he was already in the top 50 all time for career receptions.

Think we can get him a little higher before it's all said and done!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The national narrative was correct. When he tries too hard and takes too many chances it hurts the team. He has obviously learned from that game.  He is playing calm and under control and taking chances when they make sense.  Being embarrassed on national TV might have been the best thing to happen to Allen.  He is playing the best football he has played since the KC playoff game.  

No it wasn’t the media narrative that he had no help was correct. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

My son was freaking out when he took the sack and I was like, Excellent play….. then Romo said it. Egoless , smart football.

• Like (+1) 6

I believe I remember someone posting that Josh had an 80% completion percentage against the Jets well into the game before he wigged out and started chucking the ball around.  If that's true, then if Josh had been patient and continued doing what he was doing he would have had an 80%+ percentage in 3 out of his 4 games and won the other one by over 30 points.  Yikes.  But he's not accurate and will always be a sub-60% completion guy.

43 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

@transplantbillsfan

@KDIGGZand @JoPoy88are not going to “appreciate” this ball washing thread!   

If he played like this every week he might have a chance at MVP but he's too hot or cold. The MVP is good every game, not just good one game then crap the next. We are on to the Jags where he couldn't complete a pass last year so let's not too ahead of ourselves 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tua will forever be a system QB. When things don’t go right, he doesn’t have the athleticism or improvisation skills to make off-scripted big plays. He’s good at what he does which is distribute the ball accurately and on time. Unfortunately, everything needs to be nearly perfect for that offense to hum. Tua just isn’t on an MVP level to me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This MVP stuff isn’t worth thinking about till much later in any season, it’s four games in, we have thirteen more games to go…, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I believe I remember someone posting that Josh had an 80% completion percentage against the Jets well into the game before he wigged out and started chucking the ball around.  If that's true, then if Josh had been patient and continued doing what he was doing he would have had an 80%+ percentage in 3 out of his 4 games and won the other one by over 30 points.  Yikes.  But he's not accurate and will always be a sub-60% completion guy.

Three of his picks weren’t even really that bad strategically they were just takin a deep shot that worked out to be a punt. (One was on second and long though) …the final int/fumble of the jets game were pretty devastating though.  

18 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Tua will forever be a system QB. When things don’t go right, he doesn’t have the athleticism or improvisation skills to make off-scripted big plays. He’s good at what he does which is distribute the ball accurately and on time. Unfortunately, everything needs to be nearly perfect for that offense to hum. Tua just isn’t on an MVP level to me. 

It pains me how obvious this is yet people that get paid a lot of money to analyze football never bring it up 😂. If he has to hold the ball for even a split second longer than the optimal amount of time his effectiveness plummets

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

Josh will probably always be the first half MVP favorite. Then we'll have a rain game followed by 2 games with 40mph wind, while the other candidates play in perfect weather.

The weather has really boned us the last few years as far as Josh’s mvp chances go.  Seems like we’ve had 7 or so bad weather games each year the last few years 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 947 said:

Josh will probably always be the first half MVP favorite. Then we'll have a rain game followed by 2 games with 40mph wind, while the other candidates play in perfect weather.

Good point. To me it's crazy that for QBs and kickers, "experts" don't even take this into account. Stats are great but often misrepresent the full story. But I agree that it's way too early to talk MVP. But damn he is playing well!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.