2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, NCDAWG said:

I am not a super big poster here, but watching Josh end of last year and this year (New York and today's game), he looks disenfranchised.  Is it me? And if it's not me, then what the hell is it? 

Would not take much out of this game especially with the travel and time difference.

He didn't play lights out but he didn't get much help either.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NCDAWG said:

I am not a super big poster here, but watching Josh end of last year and this year (New York and today's game), he looks disenfranchised.  Is it me? And if it's not me, then what the hell is it? 

I think they just like to show the losing qb looking dejected on the sideline…I’m sure he was hyping guys up too.

if you’re talking about actual play on the field I thought he was pretty good..zero run support and the oline struggled…that’s the kind of game where he has a meltdown and throws three picks normally but he kept battling imo

four drops for easy first downs and diggs having a big play wrestled right out of his hands hurt joshs’ stat line for sure 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NCDAWG said:

MVP candidate and he looks disenfranchised? He cant score 5td every week. 

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Did he play bad today?

I saw some key drops that really hurt this offense and another battle for a ball that was lost.

It looked like he played the game he was told to, for the most part, towards the end kind of seemed like he was a little fed up with it, though maybe I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone else watch Lamar the last 3 minutes vs. Pitt?

Issue is play calling.

I watched him lead Zay Flowers in the wrong direction on a pass and the commentators blame Flowers for tripping when tried to switch directions full speed on a deep pass.

Edited by Warcodered

4 hours ago, NCDAWG said:

Did you watch the fkn game? He had 5 drives stopped by dropped passes and on his int Diggs was out fought for the ball. 27-40 359 tds passing 3 total tds. His receivers let him down as did his OC and asclown referees. Blame should go around but to call Josh disenchanted is plain stupid

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

MVP doesn’t matter. He won’t win. Do you see all the calls Mahomes gets? And he will need to play at an MVP level to make the playoffs if the injury attrition rate holds up.

He is capable of playing at that level though. At this rate and this Taylor Swift nonsense I wouldn't be surprised if kelce won it lol

5 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

He is capable of playing at that level though. At this rate and this Taylor Swift nonsense I wouldn't be surprised if kelce won it lol

Agreed. As long as we have Josh Allen we have a chance. You can’t discount having a tier 1 QB - despite the fact he doesn’t get the Mahomes level calls to bail him out and extend drives. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And almost 400 total yards.

Allen gets a game ball from me:  3 TD's almost 400 total yards and the one TO was inches from being a 50 yard completion to the 5 yard line.

Agree....Josh wasn't perfect but he played well today.  The 2 long under-throws to Diggs were concerning but right now Dorsey and his play calling is the main issue.  Since the Jets debacle,  JA17 has been solid.  Our RB's having 15 yards today was embarrassing.  

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree....Josh wasn't perfect but he played well today.  The 2 long under-throws to Diggs were concerning but right now Dorsey and his play calling are issue.  Since the Jets debacle,  JA17 has been solid.  Our RB's having 15 yards is embarrassing.  

Again I think the under throws are the right throws in those situations.  The first one was a long developing play in which Allen had to hold the ball and release it late while in the end zone.  Diggs was wide open but he wasn't running for the end zone.  Accurately hitting him in the chest and locking in a 50 yard gain was priority #1.  The 2nd long pass hit Diggs in his hands as he was high pointing the ball. The DB made a great play to steal the ball away from him.  Allen said his arm was hit as he threw it yet the ball was still on target.

Tonight you saw the problem with overthrowing wide receivers as Dak over threw a WR by 5 yards out of bounds who would have sailed into the end zone with a better throw and on another long pass Dak so far overshot the receiver that the safety coming in late picked the ball off over his shoulder like he was the target.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:12 PM, Dr.Sack said:

MVP doesn’t matter. He won’t win. Do you see all the calls Mahomes gets? And he will need to play at an MVP level to make the playoffs if the injury attrition rate holds up.

Once the NFL selects their darling (Mahomes, Brady), everyone else no matter how high up the qb tier you are is chasing. Not to mention a disadvantage. 

The typical MVP gets 2.0 calls per game needed to overcome 3 and outs and interceptions.

So far this year Allen has had 2 calls that helped his MVP stock. One pick that was overturned by a DPI and one long ball to Diggs vs Miami was ruled DPI. 

Mahomes is at 10. 

I’m no math wizard but it seems the fix is in. I don’t track Purdy but my assumption is he’s also near Mahomes level of calls. 

On 10/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, Aussie Joe said:

I just checked my local sportsboolk, and he is the fourth favourite .. Josh the 5th favourite

The L was a big deal I guess. Because Allan still put up very nice numbers on the day. Numbers that will help his cause towards the end of the year. But as I have been saying all along, the MVP is all about team record at the end of the year. 90% of the cases it’ll come from a player on a team with a one seed.

If the bills handle business over this softer stretch of the schedule, there’s a good chance Allen will once again find himself as the first or second favorite.

then the bills will have that stretch of games to finish the year that includes Cincinnati, KC, Philadelphia, Dallas, LA chargers, and Miami.

if the bills go 4–2 in those games and finish with a 13–4 record I think they have a shot at the one seed. I don’t really see 12–5 being enough for the one seed. They also likely must beat Kansas City and Miami in this scenario as well.

it will be interesting to see how voters view the 49ers MVP candidates as Christian McCaffrey should be every bit as deserving is Brock Purdy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The L was a big deal I guess. Because Allan still put up very nice numbers on the day. Numbers that will help his cause towards the end of the year. But as I have been saying all along, the MVP is all about team record at the end of the year. 90% of the cases it’ll come from a player on a team with a one seed.

If the bills handle business over this softer stretch of the schedule, there’s a good chance Allen will once again find himself as the first or second favorite.

then the bills will have that stretch of games to finish the year that includes Cincinnati, KC, Philadelphia, Dallas, LA chargers, and Miami.

if the bills go 4–2 in those games and finish with a 13–4 record I think they have a shot at the one seed. I don’t really see 12–5 being enough for the one seed. They also likely must beat Kansas City and Miami in this scenario as well.

it will be interesting to see how voters view the 49ers MVP candidates as Christian McCaffrey should be every bit as deserving is Brock Purdy.

Also people like Greg Cosell whose opinion likley carries weight among the MVP voters said Allen had a great game Sunday and that Diggs should have caught that ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.