Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

3 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Elam’s moment has arrived. 

Really sucks for Tre, but the depth on this team is good.

Remember Dane, Elam, and Christian were in a 3-way tie in camp that went down to the wire with Benford winning the role.

If Tre ends up out for the season on IR, then I will look for Beane to pickup another depth DB. After last season this front office should be well-versed in doing just this as we were the walking wounded.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Got some receipts for you too buddy 

I'm sure you do...I'll be handing out refunds all week. Sean proved to me today he does have what it takes to win a SB.  He coached like a HOFer today. And as others actually said,  it was a Masterclass.  Now you have to excuse me while I make room in my freezer for all that crow.

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Awesome win today, obviously.  We are seeing the McDermott vision take shape and it's an awesome blend of complementary football.

By the way, what was McDaniel thinking leaving Tua in with all the second string receivers?  Does he hate Tua?

Made no sense???

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is my favorite TBD pre-game take:

"Easier said than done. Tua is leading the league in shortest time to throw at 2.34 seconds. Josh Allen, for comparison, is at 2.8. He’s getting the ball and throwing it to a window. A window that the receiver has yet to occupy. The star of the Miami Dolphins is not the QB. It’s not even Hill, Waddle, or Mostert. It’s Mike McDaniel. I’m usually a very positive Bills fan, but unless some DC figures something out this Miami team won’t lose until they hit SF in the Superbowl. I really believe that McDaniel and Shannahan have cracked the code and I get a little depressed when I think about it."

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm sure you do...I'll be handing out refunds all week. Sean proved to me today he does have what it takes to win a SB.  He coached like a HOFer today. And as others actually said,  it was a Masterclass.  Now you have to excuse me while I make room in my freezer for all that crow.

I follow your posts often as you are one of the better around. Don’t eat too much of that crow as the ball is oddly shaped and bounces funny. Your a fan like the rest of us we run on emotions. It’s all good amigo

Edited by WyoAZBillfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

think were seeing what the Bills can be with a balanced offense and aggressive coach calling the defense  If Josh continues to protect the football week in week out Bills will be a very tough out for any team  There were 4 or more plays that could have went south for the Dolphins keeping this from a even bigger blowout  Hope they keep things in perspective and stay healthy going forward

• Like (+1) 2

It was about a good as we could have expected.  While happy, man......I just can't bring myself to really celebrate because of the Tre injury.  He's a huge loss for us.  We're very good on defense, but we will have to find a way to solidify the back end.  I hope Elam is ready to prove all of his doubters wrong.

But, that's for next week.  Let's enjoy this as much as possible.  We have maybe the most complete team that we have had since McDermott took over.  And with Frazier out of the way, this defense looks like it can be truly Championship caliber.  The injuries just have to stop.    GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

This is my favorite TBD pre-game take:

"Easier said than done. Tua is leading the league in shortest time to throw at 2.34 seconds. Josh Allen, for comparison, is at 2.8. He’s getting the ball and throwing it to a window. A window that the receiver has yet to occupy. The star of the Miami Dolphins is not the QB. It’s not even Hill, Waddle, or Mostert. It’s Mike McDaniel. I’m usually a very positive Bills fan, but unless some DC figures something out this Miami team won’t lose until they hit SF in the Superbowl. I really believe that McDaniel and Shannahan have cracked the code and I get a little depressed when I think about it."

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Never been so happy to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Next man up Elam - could be make it or break it for his future with the team. Would be nice to see the kid step and contribute.

Realistically he won’t even be starting

Prob will be benford and Dane.

But he will be active for game days now of course 

2 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I follow your posts often as you are one of the better around. Don’t eat too much of that crow as the ball is oddly shaped and bounces funny. Your a fan like the rest of us we run on emotions. It’s all good amigo

You are kind, and quite generous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I guess deep down I was more angry with Sean for not moving on from Frazier sooner. I knew he was a good coach but why couldn't he identify Leslie's flaws as early as 2020.  Today absolutely blew me away. The Fins have the most explosive offense in football (now we do). And he made brilliant adjustments after that first drive.  I was wrong,  flat out wrong. Sean is more than capable of taking us to the finish line.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

You are kind, and quite generous. 

And yes Augie I'm starting to enjoy games more.  Got that from you....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.