We ever gonna use Kincaid ?

Teddy KGB

Just now, John from Riverside said:

He was used today would  what were you expecting

well he's been used every week (almost exactly the same way), yet this thread was started, as the OP felt it wasn't enough use.

What were you expecting differently when you answered him "today's the day"?

• Haha (+1) 1

He’s been an extension of the run game. Quick hitters, chain movers, no real vertical threat so far. If this is what they drafted him to be, they were terribly mistaken. I assume there is only more in the tank to burn for this guy, I’m just not sure when/how that will look. 

Through 4 games 

15 catches, 99 yards 6.6YPC

Forecasted season would be:

64 catches, 421 yards

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

On pace for 63 catches and 420 yards.   The expectations for him were way too high.    The Travis Kelce comparisons were ignorant. 

He is a good player that adds a nice element to the team.  Not sure what people wanted for a late 1st round pick.  He is doing just fine.

The expectations were about what LaPorta has been showing. I'm not going to argue with today's performance, but it's not unreasonable to think that a first round draft pick on one of the best offenses in the league would be outpacing a second round pick on a slightly above average offense.

If they were going to use him like a day 2 pick, they should gotten a TE on day 2.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

The expectations were about what LaPorta has been showing. I'm not going to argue with today's performance, but it's not unreasonable to think that a first round draft pick on one of the best offenses in the league would be outpacing a second round pick on a slightly above average offense.

If they were going to use him like a day 2 pick, they should gotten a TE on day 2.

The Bills may be planning on him being part of the team for years to come. Seems fairly stupid to build your draft strategy around what you plan to do the first four games of the following season.  

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He’s been an extension of the run game. Quick hitters, chain movers, no real vertical threat so far. If this is what they drafted him to be, they were terribly mistaken. I assume there is only more in the tank to burn for this guy, I’m just not sure when/how that will look. 

Through 4 games 

64 catches, 421 yards

Something going on with the scheme. Don’t think either TE has been running routes with a lot of depth. Sort of surprising, because saw Kincaid get more upfield and up the seam in the preseason games. 

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

On pace for 63 catches and 420 yards.   The expectations for him were way too high.    The Travis Kelce comparisons were ignorant. 

He is a good player that adds a nice element to the team.  Not sure what people wanted for a late 1st round pick.  He is doing just fine.

Yes, 63 catches would surpass Kelsey and make him a top 5 all time productive rookie TE .

People just need to stop being douche bags and research some NFL history.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Something going on with the scheme. Don’t think either TE has been running routes with a lot of depth. Sort of surprising, because saw Kincaid get more upfield and up the seam in the preseason games. 

Hopefully its a situation where they will use him when they need him. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MPT said:

Players aren’t defined after 4 games.  66 catches for 450 yards as a rookie TE while helping the run game and pushes us closer to the Super Bowl is a good thing.  Guy has talent in spades, he isn’t a top 4 target most plays.  The most impressive thing from him right now, he isn’t dropping targets.

laporta is having a good start to his career, let’s see where the players and teams are at by the end of the season

24 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Through 4 games 

64 catches, 421 yards

That’s more than I expected him to get before the season .

However, there seems to be a large shift offensively from previous years. .        My new expectation is he will receive more targets as the year progresses and he earns more trust from Josh.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get into the 5 or low 6 hundreds. If he goes above 700 for the year I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Players aren’t defined after 4 games.  66 catches for 450 yards as a rookie TE while helping the run game and pushes us closer to the Super Bowl is a good thing.  Guy has talent in spades, he isn’t a top 4 target most plays.  The most impressive thing from him right now, he isn’t dropping targets.

laporta is having a good start to his career, let’s see where the players and teams are at by the end of the season

Plus, maybe LaPorta is good.  Good for him!  Doesn't mean our guy is bad or a disappointment.  He is neither!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Yes, 63 catches would surpass Kelsey and make him a top 5 all time productive rookie TE .

LaPorta is on pace for 1000 yards. We’re just expecting more which is ok

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Through 4 games 

64 catches, 421 yards

I’m right there with you. Fully expected more. However I understand that with this coaching staff and how they use their rookies I shouldn’t have expected much. 

21 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Not to mention Kelce didnt even play his rookie season.  Kincaid's catch ratio is over 95%.  Completely agree, people need to calm down.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Plus, maybe LaPorta is good.  Good for him!  Doesn't mean our guy is bad or a disappointment.  He is neither!

No way dude. 4 games and season 1 tells us all we need to know about a player. Remember how much Baker outplayed Josh first quarter of his rookie year, and over the year in general?

Well that guy just dumped 9 points on the 2010 NFL Super Bowl Champs today! Still think this is a joke now?!?

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2023 at 8:48 AM, Teddy KGB said:

This Laporta kid drafted after him is crushing it in Detroit 

Id like to see similar things from Kincaid 

I think its due to lack of WR depth in Detroit.  Laporta has got to be second in targets out in Detroit.  I'd say Davis is stealing targets from Kincaid and it's a good problem to have.

Love Kincaid, but he might just be a secret weapon to be used when defenses least expect it.  I'm happy to see him develop while Diggs/Davis get the job done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

The Bills may be planning on him being part of the team for years to come. Seems fairly stupid to build your draft strategy around what you plan to do the first four games of the following season.  

1st round picks are for immediate contributors. Draft your role players on day 2 and your projects on day 3. 

Use your logic for Elam and then come tell me that was a good pick as well.

3 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Yeah I like Kincaid a lot. He's a very good player. It's a usage issue, not a talent issue.

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

And he's immediately contributing? 

Don't be so obtuse.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

Don't be so obtuse.

He's a starting TE with 15 receptions after 4 games. That's contribution. He's clearly not contributing to your liking, but don't frame it like he's some undressed player getting third team reps. 

Kincaid is playing well. I think many of our expectations were off. I kind of thought he was going to be used as a WR2 with lots of slot work. I still think he's capable of doing so at a high level. 

The Bills offensive game plan is using Kincaid as a TE. He's usually a secondary option for the short passing game. There's really nothing not to like here as far as his performance. He catches the ball and moves well. 

This is really more about how the Bills are utilizing Kincaid than his talent. I suspect as the season goes on Dorsey will start implementing more down field passes and quick slants. Honestly, his role on the season isn't bad. Not what we expected I suppose but not bad. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

He's a starting TE with 15 receptions after 4 games. That's contribution. He's clearly not contributing to your liking, but don't frame it like he's some undressed player getting third team reps. 

I didn't frame it like that. If that's the standard you are using, then yeah I guess it's a rousing success so far. Congrats!

Just now, MPT said:

I didn't frame it like that. If that's the standard you are using, then yeah I guess it's a rousing success so far. Congrats!

Lol YOU said first round picks are immediate contributors, not top 5 at their position. Round and round we go but he's contributing!

• Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, MPT said:

1st round picks are for immediate contributors. Draft your role players on day 2 and your projects on day 3. 

Use your logic for Elam and then come tell me that was a good pick as well.

You do know that through 4 games Kincaid is second on the team in receptions right? I would say that is the definition of immediate contributor. 

31 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah I like Kincaid a lot. He's a very good player. It's a usage issue, not a talent issue.

Once again, only Diggs has more receptions. Should we throw to Diggs less and Kincaid more? 

He’s the Bills number 2 receiver now and I expect his usage to increase as the year goes on.

He won’t over take Gabe for yards but he should be right there in that #2/#3 spot for receptions and targets all year. 

21 minutes ago, MPT said:

If you walked into OBD talking like this, they would laugh you out of the building.

The Bills offense is averaging 35 points a game and you want them to average 26.5 like Detroit and change their scheme to beat rookie TE stats?

Is that your "standard"?  Because if it is, it's a pretty myopic one.

LOL, rookie TE stats after 4 games.  You're critiquing on a message board and Kincaid is partying at Josh Allen's house celebrating.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.