We ever gonna use Kincaid ?

Teddy KGB

49 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Andddd this is why I hate fans. Four weeks into the season people take massive brush strokes on rookies with no thinking behind it or giving time for things to play out.

-Kincaid is third on the Bills in receptions and yards

according to Bills Player stats he is #2 in catches

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with all that.... but on the open thing... he is... but I am not sure he is where he should be at all times. Especially his route depths as I have mentioned.

Interestingly, I didn't think much of the comment at the time, but Diggs mentioned "get to your spot, be where you are supposed to be."  Usually comments from the Bills are because it has been brought up and they are thinking about it.  Guys probably aren't getting to where they are supposed to be if something like that is said.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Why rush Gibbs when Montgomery is playing so well?

Neither Knox nor Kincaid are making much of an impact at the moment.

Fair enough, but just highlighting that some are tearing their hair out over Gibbs as well. If you Google him right now, top results include “another flop for Gibbs” and “what to do with Gibbs?”

Most of these conversations are driven by gambling and fantasy so it’s a fair point if you’re praising the Lions for Laporta while ignoring their first round, blue chip running back. I’m personally of the mind that it’s been three weeks so who cares

49 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Fans on message boards always focus on the positives of other teams and the negatives of their own teams. This holds true for all teams and all sports. Also, I think that the only team's fans that don't hate their team's playcalling right now are Dolphins fans. But they'll come around once the Fins lose a game. 

Sports fans behave with their teams like women with their BFs/husbands ha ha. I fully agree with your take. "Josh chokes in big games, he's not clutch", "Dorsey is awful", our OLine can never get perks from some and on and on. After a 13-3 season and playoff win. Hey, I AM still pissed at how outcoached the Bills were by the Bengals last year, the infamous 13s, some of the play calling, but as if other teams were perfect! It's crazy!

It used to be that the team was the worse ever after a loss, to locked sure bet SB champs after a win. Now after 2 great blow out wins, it's still mostly gloom and doom. I hope they kick the Fins to at least take care of that for a week! Of course they have weaknesses, for sure, and of course we will discuss them on a board like TBD, but the overreaction while at the same time constantly praising the other teams...

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

ESPN had him at three, hmmmm lol

They sort it by yards, where Bills site sorted by receptions

Either way what do some people demand. Kincaid is already a top performer on the team in regards to receptions and yards as a rookie 3 games in.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Sadly, we’re all waiting for Dorsey to show his play calling improvement after an underwhelming rookie season

Did you watch game #2? It was the best Bills OC performance in years. Of course he has to repeat this. Dorsey has so many weapons to play with that he will have this pressure to wow the league. For sure. Do I think Reid, McDaniels and others do a better job? YESSS. But it doesn't mean he sucks! Last year I was bewildered that he went from very creative to start the year to very predictable by the end. Hopefully it changes, but so far this year he's done a pretty good job! Many new pieces and they are figuring out how to use them... while winning. So far so good IMO.

22 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

according to Bills Player stats he is #2 in catches

According to some people, that's because we don't have a legit #2 WR. 

I'm more in the "Josh spreads the ball around so relax about Kinkaid (and Gabe, for that matter)" camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This Laporta kid drafted after him is crushing it in Detroit 

Id like to see similar things from Kincaid 

LA Porta had 4 catches and was not a focal part of their offense at all. He is also their TE1. It's week 4 dude, give it time. 

Edited by cDAVIS

I have Kincaid and LaPorta as my FF tight ends.  I used Kincaid the first week vs the Jets and have used LaPorta for the past 3 games and I'm not switching up anytime soon.  Goff has been looking for LaPorta very early in games and really hitting on some big passes. He looks like full package, 22 catches on 27 targets, 242 yards in four games.  In three games, Kincaid has 11 catches on 12 targets, 72 yards.  I think Kincaid could be as productive if they use him more.. But as i said in preseason, having Knox and Kincaid they will cannibalize each others numbers.  I was told I was WRONG by some members of this board because they argued Knox and Kincaid have different roles on the line and different schematics of some sort.. but whatever.  Detroit has no other good TE,  and Buffalo has two.  So to me, they will knock down each others reception totals.  

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Andddd this is why I hate fans. Four weeks into the season people take massive brush strokes on rookies with no thinking behind it or giving time for things to play out.

-Kincaid is third on the Bills in receptions and yards

-He is pacing for the 5th most receptions ever by a rookie TE

-Only two rookie TEs ever have even broke 1000 yards and just five have broke 800 yards

-11 TE's in the history of the NFL as a rookie have broken 600 yards, by comparison 6 rookie WRs last year broke 600 yards. It is a legitimately difficult position to learn and integrate a new player year one.

-The Bills offense is still working in many new pieces at this point it is far from a finished product

-If you watch All 22 Kincaid is open 24/7 and doing his part, Josh is building trust and learning to find him. The Jets game Kincaid could've had a 100 yards easily if Josh stopped playing hero ball

-Plenty of players as rookies come on hot and hit the rookie wall, others take their time in the first half of the season and find their wings

Kincaid is performing very well, this is a team that has a decent amount of weapons and the fact that he is getting this many targets as a rookie TE is impressive.

Plus, I've seen him open quite a few times where he didn't receive the ball.

With time, he will end up being Josh's favorite target, Josh's eyes probably aren't as accustomed to looking that way as often as he could but they will end up syncing up with one another to end up being one of the best QB/TE hookups in the league.  I'm sure of it.

50 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Fair enough, but just highlighting that some are tearing their hair out over Gibbs as well. If you Google him right now, top results include “another flop for Gibbs” and “what to do with Gibbs?”

Most of these conversations are driven by gambling and fantasy so it’s a fair point if you’re praising the Lions for Laporta while ignoring their first round, blue chip running back. I’m personally of the mind that it’s been three weeks so who cares

I was gonna say, the Gibbs talk is purely fueled by gambling/fantasy,  which I find hilarious because I play and totally get it.  😄

Tight ends, in general, aren't doing much so far this season.  I expect that'll change as the we roll on.

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Offensive scheming. I’ve been saying it since mid-season last year. Dorsey is not good and should have been fired after last season. He’s not much better than uncle Rico 

LOOK AT ME!!!  

WE SEE YOU!!!

too bad Beane didn’t listen to you

🤮 

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

These sound like fantasy articles

42 minutes ago, julian said:

And so it begins, the impatient masses have found a new target.

It’s my wish that by seasons end he’s clearly the #2 target option. It’s been 3 games lol.

It doesn’t sound like a new target to me.  It sounds like one of last years biggest targets.  Dorsey. 

I don’t see this as an “anti Kincaid” thread, rather a “use Kincaid more” thread.  I concur with this sentiment and I expect them to do just that.  Hopefully it starts on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

Sorry kid

It gets annoying to listen to WGR and then immediately see posts parroting exactly what was discussed, in an effort to look intelligent on here.

Would be cool if some would think on their own.

WGR lol, I don’t live in the same nursing home as you 

I’ve got Spotify chief, radio isn’t a thing anymore.  Thanks for the cool story though 🙄

Try again, maybe use valid points in the next one 

EfFoRt To LoOk InTeLliGeNt ! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just now, NewEra said:

It doesn’t sound like a new target to me.  It sounds like one of last years biggest targets.  Dorsey. 

I don’t see this as an “anti Kincaid” thread, rather a “use Kincaid more” thread.  I concur with this sentiment and I expect them to do just that.  Hopefully it starts on Sunday. 

Oh don’t you worry, a couple more Leporta highlights on sports center and this thread will meet it’s destiny.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Johnson does know how to use his personnel very well. What is interersting is his passing scheme isn't particularly complex or creative. He knows what his guys can do and what they can't and he leans into it. 

The one concern I have re. Kincaid so far is he is struggling with his route depths. 

Unless they have the name "Gibbs" on their jersey, apparently.

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s why I said to throw the brinks truck at Ben Johnson. Certain guys just know how to utilize personnel.

Maybe Ken will get there at some point but in general the Bills don’t utilize rookies as much as some other teams. 

Through the first 3 games of the season, we're averaging 30 points per game. A whole td more per game than Detroit's 24 per game. I for one am glad we don't have to rely on a rookie like Detroit does. If we did, Kincaid would have bigger numbers. With all the 2nd and 3rd year players we have that have shown development, it's weird that some of you keep clamoring for rookies to play more. Believe it or not, our staff knows what it's doing with the players and how to develop players. They start rookies that deserve it. In their opinion. The only opinion that matters.

• Agree 1

The lack of targets for Kincaid so far is as disappointing as bringing in a pass catching back last year(Hines), and then only using him on ST.  Once again, seems to be a major disconnect between coaches and GM, when it comes to building the roster.  

…and no, Kincaid doesn’t always stay in to help Brown, so stop already with this nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The lack of targets for Kincaid so far is as disappointing as bringing in a pass catching back last year(Hines), and then only using him on ST.  Once again, seems to be a major disconnect between coaches and GM, when it comes to building the roster.  

…and no, Kincaid doesn’t always stay in to help Brown, so stop already with this nonsense. 

We don't need to rely on a rookie TE and that's a good thing. We can bring him along at a nice pace. Too bad some of you want to blow your load in 2 minutes. Don't we have another 14 games to go?!?!?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.