We ever gonna use Kincaid ?

Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s why I said to throw the brinks truck at Ben Johnson. Certain guys just know how to utilize personnel.

Maybe Ken will get there at some point but in general the Bills don’t utilize rookies as much as some other teams. 

Johnson does know how to use his personnel very well. What is interersting is his passing scheme isn't particularly complex or creative. He knows what his guys can do and what they can't and he leans into it. 

The one concern I have re. Kincaid so far is he is struggling with his route depths. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s why I said to throw the brinks truck at Ben Johnson. Certain guys just know how to utilize personnel.

Maybe Ken will get there at some point but in general the Bills don’t utilize rookies as much as some other teams. 

Johnson relies on the best run blocking o-line in football, has a boring and unimpressive passing game, and before last night his team's advanced metrics centering on the run game were bottom 5 in the league

People love the hot new name though

Edited by arcane
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

And on Ben utilizing personnel - Detroit traded a good RB for a late round pick and then spent pick 12 on a RB, who they refuse to use in place of a JAG free agent signing 

That is true. But there was more to it with

Swift. It was a culture fit thing akin to the Bills trading Watkins. I did say middle of last season he was done in Detroit. 

Andddd this is why I hate fans. Four weeks into the season people take massive brush strokes on rookies with no thinking behind it or giving time for things to play out.

-Kincaid is third on the Bills in receptions and yards

-He is pacing for the 5th most receptions ever by a rookie TE

-Only two rookie TEs ever have even broke 1000 yards and just five have broke 800 yards

-11 TE's in the history of the NFL as a rookie have broken 600 yards, by comparison 6 rookie WRs last year broke 600 yards. It is a legitimately difficult position to learn and integrate a new player year one.

-The Bills offense is still working in many new pieces at this point it is far from a finished product

-If you watch All 22 Kincaid is open 24/7 and doing his part, Josh is building trust and learning to find him. The Jets game Kincaid could've had a 100 yards easily if Josh stopped playing hero ball

-Plenty of players as rookies come on hot and hit the rookie wall, others take their time in the first half of the season and find their wings

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 11

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I swear some of you just parrot what goes on at WGR.

No.   We're never going to use him.  Ever.

You gonna be okay or going to cry about a conversation starter ? 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I know, right?  A true late first round TE should have forty-fitty touchdowns by now.  

At least 6 by now 🤣

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Andddd this is why I hate fans. Four weeks into the season people take massive brush strokes on rookies with no thinking behind it or giving time for things to play out.

-Only two rookie TEs ever have even broke 1000 yards and just five have broke 800 yards

-11 TE's in the history of the NFL as a rookie have broken 600 yards, by comparison 6 rookie WRs last year broke 600 yards. It is a legitimately difficult position to learn and integrate a new player year one.

-The Bills offense is still working in many new pieces at this point it is far from a finished product

-If you watch All 22 Kincaid is open 24/7 and doing his part, Josh is building trust and learning to find him. The Jets game Kincaid could've had a 100 yards easily if Josh stopped playing hero ball

-Plenty of players as rookies come on hot and hit the rookie wall, others take their time in the first half of the season and find their wings

Agree with all that.... but on the open thing... he is... but I am not sure he is where he should be at all times. Especially his route depths as I have mentioned.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

And on Ben utilizing personnel - Detroit traded a good RB for a late round pick and then spent pick 12 on a RB, who they refuse to use in place of a JAG free agent signing 

Fans on message boards always focus on the positives of other teams and the negatives of their own teams. This holds true for all teams and all sports. Also, I think that the only team's fans that don't hate their team's playcalling right now are Dolphins fans. But they'll come around once the Fins lose a game. 

Beat the Dolphins and I could care less if Kincaid has any catches .. that being said, it’s probably not sustainable to have no reliable #2 receiving option behind Diggs.  

Which is likely where most of the Kincaid angst stems from. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

LaPorta looks like a steal, but it’s more to do with use than anything.  

Offensive scheming. I’ve been saying it since mid-season last year. Dorsey is not good and should have been fired after last season. He’s not much better than uncle Rico 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Fans on message boards always focus on the positives of other teams and the negatives of their own teams. This holds true for all teams and all sports. Also, I think that the only team's fans that don't hate their team's playcalling right now are Dolphins fans. But they'll come around once the Fins lose a game. 

Nah I just don’t care for Dorsey 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

its like nobody pays attention. smh

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with all that.... but on the open thing... he is... but I am not sure he is where he should be at all times. Especially his route depths as I have mentioned.

Which is fine as a rookie I expect him to get better at that. But facts remain he is actually doing well and my expectation is he grows and becomes a far better weapon by seasons end.

20 minutes ago, arcane said:

Fans live and die by a game by game basis. Teams have an idea and play for the next 3-5 years (at least, they should).

Last year this same sentiment was used at this point in the year right here on this very forum about James Cook. Look at Cook now. A year in and he's improved his stock immensely. Is being used, productive and is a threat.

If Gibbs isn't seeing the field, there's likely a reason for that. In young backs the most common reason is that they either aren't trusted as pass blockers yet or are struggling to learn pass game concepts IMO.

I remember arguing about Kincaid during the preseason.  I said the expectations for him were way too high, and some of you would be angry about his production by the end of the year. 

I was told some of you can watch film and know when a guy is special.  That his route running was second to none.    All of which may be true, but now that some of you are coming back down to reality with a thud, here is what you should be expecting going forward.     The Bills use 12 personnel more than any other team in the NFL, good news.   They still only use it on 43% of the time, bad news.   Dawson Knox is a good tight end in the league, and he's never had more than 50 receptions or 600 yards in the NFL.     Not sure why anyone expected more than that from a rookie who plays the same position?   Especially on a team with an elite wideout getting a majority of the targets.

Also stop with the LaPorta comparisons.  Different team, different scheme, much different QB.   Outisde of Diggs, Allen distributes the ball pretty evenly to 6 different players.   4 players make nearly 100% of Goff's distribution.    You can blame Dorsey all you want, but fact of the matter is Id much rather be in the Bills situation offensively than the Lions.   The grass isnt always greener.

Bottom line is this:  Stop buying the off-season noise about NFL rookies.  The NFL along with the media does it to sell you on the draft and to get clicks on articles.   Kincaid will be fine, still has some of the best hands in the league.   Still on pace for over 60 receptions and 400 yards.   Very respectable for a rookie tight end.  

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You gonna be okay or going to cry about a conversation starter ? 

Sorry kid

It gets annoying to listen to WGR and then immediately see posts parroting exactly what was discussed, in an effort to look intelligent on here.

Would be cool if some would think on their own.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, arcane said:

Johnson relies on the best run blocking o-line in football, has a boring and unimpressive passing game, and before last night his team's advanced metrics centering on the run game were bottom 5 in the league

People love the hot new name though

Good info. Thanks. 

Agree that he’s the new guy everyone loves. I remember when ppl were obsessed with Jim Bob Cooter or whatever his name was. 

Well the other rookie Tight Ends outside of LaPorta aren’t killing it:

Mayer has 1 catch for 2 yards and a two point conversion.

Musgrave missed almost the entire game last night with a concussion, but he’s been the next best with 12 for 125 yards. 

Darnell Washington hasn’t caught a ball yet. 

Schoonmaker has 1 catch for a 1 yard TD

Strange has 2 catches for 7 yards

Kraft has 2 catches for 5 yards

Latu is on IR

Will Mallory has 2 catches for 49 yards

But I agree, it’s time to get this going. Where is all this playmaking?

11 catches for 72 yards, 6.5 ypc. 

Again this offense has no dependable #2 option.

Our $10M other TE is sitting at: 

7 catches for 46 yards, 6.6 ypc, 1 TD. 

Can’t figure out what to do with Harty, don’t seem to know what to do with either Tight End.

Feels like 2022 again, it’s Diggs and ???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sadly, we’re all waiting for Dorsey to show his play calling improvement after an underwhelming rookie season. He has been an impediment with Josh having to be improvisational to be successful. Not getting Kincaid, Sherfield, Harty or Shakir involved in the offense is again making us predictable and easier to defend. This QB running laterally on draws to Cook to me looks easy to shut down. We’re putting too much pressure on Josh to be super efficient and be exposed to unnecessary contact. I wanted to believe Dorsey would be more innovative but so far he looks the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

48 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol at first round TE! "But he's like a big Beasley!" Derp

Kincaid has gotten more separation than anyone lol he can’t throw himself the ball.  Dude was open all night against the jets.

the doubters in general are fresh off giving up on James cook too early lol so I’m not particularly worried 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.