2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

You realize Rodgers makes the same type of throws?

Same type of throws? 

I don’t think the Jets have 6 points if Rodgers plays the whole game. Luckily Zach Wilson is broken and these Jets can’t capitalize. Turning it over is the best way to keep them in it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

I'm not a fan of Dorsey's playcalling, and Josh's decision making/throws on deep passes have been awful. Neither one should be let off the hook for the mistakes.

Neither should McD. The defense has not changed much. Still can't stop the run. Pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I think we’ve hit Josh’s ceiling… that’s fine, he’s still more than good enough to win SuperbowlS, but we know who he is...

I don’t think he’s going to have a super long career like we’ve seen from other franchise QBs, bc once he becomes relegated to being a one dimensional pocket passer, it’s going to get ugly.

Unfortunately this may play out 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Josh doesn’t seem to comprehend “take what they give you “ … if he hasn’t got it by now…

He looked furious with himself. Think he’s got it now. Jets D just doesn’t give up big plays - and you don’t need them right now 

• Agree 1

Nice series for the D.

Outside of that last throw, I have been OK with the way Allen has played, but it's time to settle down a bit.  Diggs should be the first read because he is HIM.  But if he is not one on one, he should be immediately looking for Kincaid.  Dude is open and basically 10 yards + guaranteed.  Stop with the delayed hand-off that is putting us behind the sticks as well.  Not good on 3rd down right now.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

To be fair to Allen, this team still needs another playmaker on offense. 

There just isn't much speed on the field. 

The line is hanging in there, but there are tiring here. 

Cooke and Hardy have plenty of speed. Scheme them open

• Agree 1