Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

Cool. Well take the next 5 years of 1st round picks and throw in a 2nd and a third next year as well 

Reminded me of the Cowboys trade with the Vikings with Herschel Walker and all of those draft picks. Worked out well for Dallas.

Shaun Morash - "I think people don't understand because it's all about Allen in Buffalo and the offense might be broken, but last year, the Bills had so many big plays made by Matt Milano and Tredavious White on defense,"

Uhhhhh, who is Shaun Morash? Tre was out half of last year, returning in November, and everyone was talking about how he looked to be a shell of his former self out on the field. Completely shows the guy's lack of intelligence in regard to Bills football. 

The Bills aren't trading Allen either. That would be the dumbest move ever. Trade the guy who brought your franchise back to relevance? Oh yes, let's hop aboard that train to mediocrity again. Caleb Williams or Drake Maye have proven nothing, but we should totally start over with either of those guys or Michael Penix. Just more clown convo. 

Overall, I am swayed in the direction our problems lie more with McDermott than they do Josh Allen. Does Josh seem to make a dumb throw or two every game? Sure does. Brett Favre, a HOF and SB winning QB, had seasons where he threw 24, 23, 23, 21, 29, and 22 INT's. Eli Manning, 2x SB winning QB and possible HOF'er at some point, had seasons where he threw 17, 18, 20, 25, and 27 INT's. The years he threw 20 and 25 INT's, they won the SB. In Josh's defense he's also been the victim of some terrible and untimely drops that killed important drives or lead to turnovers. He's also lead the team down the field late in games to take the lead, then the defense folds up or we have completely inexcusable penalties.

There are so many other issues with this team right now as well, and it starts with the coaching. We realistically could be 4-6 right now if the Giants had managed the clock better at the end of the first half and Taron would have been called for his obvious PI on the last play of the game. The playmakers around Allen aren't even on par with the team we fielded last year, outside of the addition of Kincaid. The injuries have killed us otherwise. Josh is still also running for his life once the ball is snapped much of the time. Spencer Brown TRULY is the weakest link up front and needs to be replaced in the offseason. I'll also be glad to move on from Morse. They really need to have a serious retooling to get us back where we should be. We also need some good fortune on the injury front, which we haven't really had in a couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If we were ever to trade Allen, to any team, McD will end up being one the most hated coaches we've ever had.  

If he were to get traded and step up his play, even more so.  

Won't happen on Beane's watch.  

Pegula would also be about as popular as Bon Jovi was during the sale of the team.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, mrags said:

Cool. Well take the next 5 years of 1st round picks and throw in a 2nd and a third next year as well 

I still don't see why New England gets a conditional draft pick. 🤔

1 minute ago, Captain_Quint said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Josh on another team later in his career, but it won't happen anytime soon. It's probably more common to have at least one more stop than to stay with one team his whole career. But that will be like 8-10 years from now. 

Anyone else envision the Jay Cutler meme, but with Josh Allen instead?

image.jpeg.cb2c4f5e169bb9f51d96a34e6b69dfec.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Or we could just wait for the Giants to fire him and bring him back as OC. 

Him and Mc dummie didnt get along at the end. Wouldn't work, its either Daboll or McDummie, can't be both.

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's a huge downgrade.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Care to share your main takeaways from this vid? Would love to know the gist. 

I read the article, and he said Josh needs to run more to make it harder for defenses to defend against the Biils. Right now they're too one dimensional.

Talk to the guy who was fired midseason! 

The Buffalo offense went into the tank for 7 games starting with the Jaguars. In this period they simply couldn't score in the first half of games. Some noted that the Buffalo offense was schematically broken and so simple that the opposing team knew what they were going to do before they did it. 

Clearly looking at the last two games McD made the correct move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So many reasons. To me it’s on Dorsey and McD more than anyone else. You can’t chalk up the amount of penalties and unlikely plays teams have against us to just bad luck anymore. 

And it was tough to read this:

“Since the start of last season, Allen has by far the most turnovers in the NFL at 35, according to Statmuse. Nobody else has more than 28.“

10 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

So many reasons. To me it’s on Dorsey and McD more than anyone else. You can’t chalk up the amount of penalties and unlikely plays teams have against us to just bad luck anymore. 

“Since the start of last season, Allen has by far the most turnovers in the NFL at 35, according to Statmuse. Nobody else has more than 28.“

The penalties matter when the teams are even, like this past week against the eagles. It’s why refs back off in the Super Bowl (for the most part) because they know a good team will take advantage of a favorable call. You can’t blame the refs though when the bills are clearly the more talented team on the field. They should be able to overcome badcalls against lesser teams. 

Otherwise, the injuries on defense took a toll on this team which was exacerbated by Dorsey’s terrible game planning and calls. 

49 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

He also has the most total touchdowns at 75.  The next closest is Mahomes at 66.  That's a 2.2TD to turnover ratio.  I think the reward outweighs the risk because that's incredible production.

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I believe the Bills had the 2nd highest odds to win the Super Bowl coming into the season. What other team(s) in the history of the league had similar odds, but missed the playoffs? 

2018 Raiders off the top of my head where there QB wasn't injured.  Just horrible coaching.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Adding to Doc Brown's post, I think Josh has only had two more turnovers than both Hurts and Mahomes this year, having played a game more. Chris Simms is getting particularly irritated at the "Josh is a turnover machine" narrative considering he's hardly miles ahead of two QBs lauded as the best.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Adding to Doc Brown's post, I think Josh has only had two more turnovers than both Hurts and Mahomes this year, having played a game more. Chris Simms is getting particularly irritated at the "Josh is a turnover machine" narrative considering he's hardly miles ahead of two QBs lauded as the best.

"Sports Media" is nothing more than a clown show. It's Ringling Bros. behind the lights and camera. They say the same dumb crap, on their same crap shows/podcasts, to generate clicks from their same crap audience. 

Edited by H2o
  • Agree 4

The war drums are beating EVERYWHERE on can’t count down from 13 or up to 12 McClapper!

The time has come for gapping this end of game Titanic style LOSER!

Worst 2 minute D in the NFL! Allen gets the Bills the lead with time running out; while McClapper FUBARs it!

IMG_3313.jpeg

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The war drums are beating EVERYWHERE on can’t count down from 13 or up to 12 McClapper!

Worst 2 minute D in the NFL! Allen gets the Bills the lead with time running out; while McClapper FUBARs it!

IMG_3313.jpeg

Out of curiosity, do they have charts like this for previous seasons?  I remember this defense being pretty good at closing out games early in McD's tenure.  I'm just wondering if it's a talent thing with all the injuries McD fails to consider.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Talk to the guy who was fired midseason! 

The Buffalo offense went into the tank for 7 games starting with the Jaguars. In this period they simply couldn't score in the first half of games. Some noted that the Buffalo offense was schematically broken and so simple that the opposing team knew what they were going to do before they did it. 

Clearly looking at the last two games McD made the correct move.

To me the Giants game was the biggest red flag. Even though they won the game, changes still should have been made. The Giants are horrible and came into that game all banged up with a ton of injuries. To barely win 14-9 should have the "enough is enough" moment.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He also has the most total touchdowns at 75.  The next closest is Mahomes at 66.  That's a 2.2TD to turnover ratio.  I think the reward outweighs the risk because that's incredible production.

2018 Raiders off the top of my head where there QB wasn't injured.  Just horrible coaching.

It still amazes me that no one wants to factor in the TDs to pair with the turnovers when talking about them. They’re essential to one another. 

Your statement of “reward outweighs the risk” is the be all, end all. Incredible production indeed…

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

IMG_3313.jpeg

I know this will get those bad emotes, but you know who doesn't call a 0 blitz against Hurts at the end of the game? You know who doesn't send the house against Wilson on that DPI that set up the game winning FG? Leslie Frazier. We went from too conservative to way too aggressive.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I know this will get those bad emotes, but you know who doesn't call a 0 blitz against Hurts at the end of the game? You know who doesn't send the house against Wilson on that DPI that set up the game winning FG? Leslie Frazier. We went from too conservative to way too aggressive.

#ThatWasAGreatFraze