Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

Boutte hurt the Pats today, he has to learn to put both feet in. Pats D played lights out most of the game only giving up 12 points.. (I blame the O for 13 of the points) Jones bounced back after a HORRID 1st Quarter and put up some nice numbers and made throws when he had to. (He also got away with a few bone head throws as well) overall I think they would have won today if Parker was playing instead of Boutte. 

Good luck tomorrow Bills fans! 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm still slightly dismayed at how quickly the rest of the AFC East recovered - well, the Dolphins and Jets anyway. The Patriots had years of average opposition in the division; the Bills maybe got a couple?

Yeah, but this is actually how it’s supposed to work. Pathetic that the AFCE collectively couldn’t put anything together for the better part of two decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

Well, now time to watch the new jersey bills 

Lot of former players to root for, former OC to root for, and ***** the Cowboys.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Without doubt - one of my new fave things is Pats fans declaring moral victories.

Is it a good/funny thing that this game gave them hope or just obnoxious.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't want to hear Herbert in the top 5 QB discussion again. Dude showed time and again he has no pocket awareness. Yea, he can make throws but he's a deer in the headlights. 

It’s plays like that intentional grounding that just leaves me scratching my head with that guy.

He can make all the throws and he’s got all the tools, but he just seems to do a few dumb plays each game that kills the team 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Mack and Bosa and the Chargers didn’t lay a finger on Tua.

The Chargers defense sucks.  In fact, their coaching in general sucks.  They are going nowhere.  The Miami offense was literally playing against air all day.  Horrible effort by LA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

AFC east is not going to be a cake walk this year 

I came away with the same thoughts watching AFC East teams - no cake-walks.

Chargers had no answers for Hill and that was that... Belicheat can still coach and drag just about any team down to the wire... Allen has had NE's number for the past few years, but the rest of the league will learn you have to keep your foot on the throat of a Belichick team till the final whistle - they are like the living dead.

I expect the Jets will be tough too.

And the darlings of the AFC - the Chiefs and Bengals both crapped the bed. You just never know till the games are played, but just because teams start the season strong does not mean they wont finish with a whimper.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Boutte hurt the Pats today, he has to learn to put both feet in. Pats D played lights out most of the game only giving up 12 points.. (I blame the O for 13 of the points) Jones bounced back after a HORRID 1st Quarter and put up some nice numbers and made throws when he had to. (He also got away with a few bone head throws as well) overall I think they would have won today if Parker was playing instead of Boutte. 

Good luck tomorrow Bills fans! 

Lol here we go.  You are going to go all season thinking Mac is a franchise QB again.  He is at best Fitzpatrick.  Im telling ya man.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

How did Tremaine Edmunds look today?  I was hoping to get a chance to watch more of the Bears-Packers game but only saw a couple series.  I did see Tremaine blow up a running play in that short time but looks like the Bears D got carved up

he had a nice play early in the game to snuff out a short pass but I think he got toasted on a long Jones TD

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Without doubt - one of my new fave things is Pats fans declaring moral victories.

And their delusional take that Mac Jones is good lol.  How many years did we try to speak bad QBs into serviceable (dare say franchise) QB existence

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

It’s plays like that intentional grounding that just leaves me scratching my head with that guy.

He can make all the throws and he’s got all the tools, but he just seems to do a few dumb plays each game that kills the team 

Part of it I do put on his coaching. It doesn't seem he's been taught very much since being drafted. The other part....now understand this comparison I make is NOT talent wise....but he seems to almost have a JP Losman vibe about him. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

How did Tremaine Edmunds look today?  I was hoping to get a chance to watch more of the Bears-Packers game but only saw a couple series.  I did see Tremaine blow up a running play in that short time but looks like the Bears D got carved up

I saw him on a few drives and he looked like a soup sandwich 

Admittedly I’m not the biggest Edmunds fan, but to me he just looked like an overpaid linebacker out there

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think think he’s mentally willing to put himself in harms way, QB of that size and athleticism should have an advantage if he’s willing to it… he might not have the heart

• Agree 1

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Tua has been impressing

466 yards with 3 tds for the win.

This is deeply concerning 

K

You can choose concern.thats your prerogative. But I'm gonna focus on the fact that Miami couldn't stop a high school offense 

The Chargers literally did everything wrong on defense when you are facing the Dolphins.  You have all offseason to study how to contain that offense and basically did the exact opposite of what works against them.  The Chargers coaching staff is just brutal and ruined what what have been a great start to the NFL season.  Very overrated team.

Oh well..... It's on us to cap off the week with a W.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I came away with the same thoughts watching AFC East teams - no cake-walks.

Chargers had no answers for Hill and that was that... Belicheat can still coach and drag just about any team down to the wire... Allen has had NE's number for the past few years, but the rest of the league will learn you have to keep your foot on the throat of a Belichick team till the final whistle - they are like the living dead.

I expect the Jets will be tough too.

And the darlings of the AFC - the Chiefs and Bengals both crapped the bed. You just never know till the games are played, but just because teams start the season strong does not mean they wont finish with a whimper.

great post, agree 100%.  Most folls (myself included) thought the PHI-NE would be a laugher, and it was sure looking that way after the first 15 minutes… but sure enough, the Evil Empire found a way to claw themselves back into it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Tua has been impressing

466 yards with 3 tds for the win.

This is deeply concerning 

I watched every play.  

He should have in addition to his 3 fumbles thrown 3 picks. 

His yards are almost entirely YAC Hill and Waddle mixed in with a few other throws to wide open guys bc Hill and Waddle scare the ***t out of you.  Or throw up prayers to Hill running open.  

The story of that team is Hill and Waddle and screw KC for trading him in conference.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.