For Shawn

The Firebaugh Kid

Billsmafia lost an absolute legend this morning. I can’t let another moment pass without asking you all to join me in remembering Shawn (pictured right). 
Shawn was our neighbor growing up, but he honestly spent more time at our house than he did at home due to the unpredictable nature of his home. 
Shawn was the one who convinced my brother and I to follow the Bills in 1986. We were Cowboys “fans” as little kids, simply because our dad liked Dallas. Despite what happened in those Superbowls a few years later, I never regretted the decision to follow the Bills. Following the Bills was a way of life for Shawn, a blue collar small market team that was as tough and durable as he was.
Its hard to describe how much he meant to me and to my obsession with this team, but trust me when I say this: if anyone deserves a memorial thread, its him. 
I will miss you forever my brother. Until we meet again. Go Bills

358.jpeg

• Like (+1) 29
  • Sad 37
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 19

Stories like this are going to make it so much better when our boys finally bring home the trophy! I know who I’ll be thinking of when that happens. My condolences to you and your loved ones. Your post is a wonderful tribute! Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Billsmafia lost an absolute legend this morning. I can’t let another moment pass without asking you all to join me in remembering Shawn (pictured right). 
Shawn was our neighbor growing up, but he honestly spent more time at our house than he did at home due to the unpredictable nature of his home. 
Shawn was the one who convinced my brother and I to follow the Bills in 1986. We were Cowboys “fans” as little kids, simply because our dad liked Dallas. Despite what happened in those Superbowls a few years later, I never regretted the decision to follow the Bills. Following the Bills was a way of life for Shawn, a blue collar small market team that was as tough and durable as he was.
Its hard to describe how much he meant to me and to my obsession with this team, but trust me when I say this: if anyone deserves a memorial thread, its him. 
I will miss you forever my brother. Until we meet again. Go Bills

358.jpeg

I'm sorry, Man.

Great tribute

RIP to Shawn and condolences to you

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.