Will your respect for Tom Brady change when he retires?

Just Jack

Will your respect for Tom change?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will your respect for Tom change?

• Yes, he has accomplished a lot
    • No, my feelings will not change

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He’s had the best career of any QB ever. I might not like him, but I certainly respect him now. That won’t change. 

Agree with this. However, he was abrasive, unlikeable as a character, a poor sport, displayed poor characteristics on the field of proper decorum, and was just a brat. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He’s been great but also incredibly lucky see the tuck rule and the Pete Carroll goal line decision.

But I can’t take away what the man has accomplished going from pick 199 to being in the conversation as one of the greatest players ever.

His announcing career is going to be interesting in the times he’s been on the Manning cast he’s been a solid interview. Fox will have him in the booth calling the Super Bowl. I get the feeling hes going to be good at it. 

I have a lot of respect for what Brady has done on the field - love him or hate him it's hard to argue that he's not a first ballot hall of famer. When you consider where he was drafted and the fact that his initial career trajectory was supposed to be a guy hoping to make a roster every time his contract was up and never really playing the contrast to his play on the field is even more impressive.

Having lived in New England throughout the whole Brady era I never really saw him mesh with the fans or the community. He did some good charity work with an organization called Best Buddies to benefit people with intellectual disabilities, but he always seems like that guy who kept everything at arms length. He never stuck around in the offseason. He was busy jet setting with his supermodel wife. While the area is loaded with blue collar sports fans he was never close to being with them. I'm not saying he had to become a guy who would show up and drink with the regulars in Southie, but he just wasn't a fit for the community and fanbase. That is one of the reasons I'm so thrilled we have Josh Allen - not only is he a phenomenal and exciting player, but he really fits the Buffalo community. For a guy who signed a quarter billion dollar contract he really seems to be one of us - he gets Buffalo, its fans and what is important to us - he has the same values and seems like a kid who could have come from WNY.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No because he will still be in my face non-stop, Fox didn't pay him $350? million to be "retired".  And he is boring and dull on his podcast, he will be dreadful..Ther are only so many Bardy/Belichek anecdotes I can tolerate.

It could go the way it went for Brees.  One and done.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

Agree with this. However, he was abrasive, unlikeable as a character, a poor sport, displayed poor characteristics on the field of proper decorum, and was just a brat. 

Meh, Miami fans feel the EXACT same way about Josh Allen. Fans will always dislike the other teams QB, and they will really dislike him if he is good and has a history of beating the snot out of their team. 

I rather have a dude that shows fire on the field over someone like Herbert who is emotionless. 

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No, because I already have respect for Brady after he won his last one with Tampa. That was one for the ages. The fact that he put Mahomes in his place was icing on the top. 

Tampas defense didnt give up a TD

My opinion of Tom Brady began to change as I got older.    When I was young and more immature I hated the guy, thought he was a product of cheating and preferential treatment from the refs.   As I became a more mature person, and started to see how age impacts your athletic ability I became more in awe of the things he was able to do in his late 30's and early 40's. 

My opinion of him today is he may be the greatest champion in any sport all time.   

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Heavy Kevi said:

The cheating though. Tarnishes everything.

Too bad too, because he and Bill have what it takes to be some of the best ever without cheating.

But they did. And now they are pieces of trash who sullied the game.

F them both.

It really tarnishes nothing. They'll both be in the HOF and Brady will likely forever be the GOAT. Cheating, steroid use especially is really not taboo in the NFL like it is in baseball. Get caught with PED's in baseball and kiss your HOF chances goodbye. In football, you get a 6 game suspension but that is it. Nobody in the media seems to care. 

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No, because I already have respect for Brady after he won his last one with Tampa. That was one for the ages. The fact that he put Mahomes in his place was icing on the top. 

Skylar Thompson could’ve won that Super Bowl vs Mahomes 😉 

F him.  In his retirement I will wait for the day when he is Lance Armstrong'ed when the full extent of the cheating finally comes out

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yay, he's the "GOAT". He's also a completely unlikable turd, a cheater, a dirty player, and as we saw AGAIN last night, a cheap little B word

Clearly marking forward progress for the refs

• Haha (+1) 1

I feel the longer he keeps trying to play, he's slightly tarnishing those amazing achievements he had as a Patriot quarterback.  I hope he retires for good and doesn't try to push through a lone, forgettable season in a Raiders uniform.  Mediocre Todd Bowles notwithstanding, this season was a lot of writing on the wall that it's over. 

I am often saddened seeing the pictures of NFL legends who finished their careers with forgettable one year stints with teams like Johnny Unitas in a Chargers uniform or Bruce in a Redskins uniform.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.