What Bengals & Chiefs fans are saying about the situation:

BigDingus

Bengals Board Posts - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen :

1. "It's fine by me to just declare the game a no-contest, with no winners, no ties, and don't replay. Players and fans of other teams impacted would understand. The worst scenario for me is a decision that benefits the Bengals because that would cast the Bengals as villains from now until the end of the NFL. I'd rather the Bengals take the high road, even offer to take a decision hurts the Bengals. It was the Bengals field, the Bengals were hosts, so even offer to take a loss if they want."

2. "If I'm the Bengals, I'd offer the Bills the W just as a nice gesture. It's relatively meaningless to them right now, but it would just show support. Whether they'd accept it or not, calling the game for them would just be a nice thing to do, and would be well regarded for a long time." 

3. "I am fine with anything other than accepting a loss. Cincinnati did absolutely nothing wrong. You can’t punish Cincinnati for something out of their control."

4. "IMO the Bills should be given the option to play it or forfeit. There should be no tie or "no contest". 

5. "The moment the Bengals agreed to leave the field and then the game altogether, they forfeited any sensible capacity to demand a forfeit. Ridiculous."

6. "To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway."

7. "What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?"

8. "Probably won’t happen, but: Scratch this game entirely. If the Bengals and Bills meet in the playoffs, play it at a neutral site (Detroit would be very fair). I realize Buffalo would have the better record, but yesterday’s game was still for the 2-seed at least."

9. "My biggest fear at this point is Buffalo trying to use this whole situation to their advantage. There is more incentive for them to NOT PLAY this game and take a tie rather than to play it (down 7-3 and the Bengals threatening to score again) to try and claim the 1 seed. If they lobby for a tie, it gives them the two seed, gives them one less game for their guys to get hurt, and eliminates the possibility of slipping to a 3 seed. Given how the game was going and the score, I think they'd be more than happy hanging on to the 2 seed rather than chancing it. I hope I am wrong, but a tie really ***** over the Bengals here."

10. "Absolutely nothing from the Bills owners, coaching staff or fans indicates they would try to use this to their advantage. GTFO with that sh" (response to above post)

Chiefs Board Posts https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346826 :

1. "I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?"

2. "As far as I am concerned both teams decided last night to forfeit the game." 

3. *Here's a little back & forth* -

Guy 1: "It's an unfair advantage to allow them to choose to play a game in the next few days or next week that they chose not to continue last night because someone nearly died on the field? Yeah, that seems like a solid and persuasive argument."

Guy 2: "Yes because of playoff implications, it IS an unfair advantage. We had a player off himself in front of our COACH and GM and we played two days later, as scheduled. "Nearly Died" We have seen players become PERMANENTLY PARALYZED and they continued to play. The unfair advantage is some teams would be RESTING players next week. Now this throws a wrench into the entire seeding issue."

Guy 1: "Do you think the Chiefs would've played the game if Belcher had killed himself in the parking lot immediately before the game? Answer: no. We now know that he didn't die on the field. But at the time, none of those players had any idea if he'd make it to the hospital or even off the field alive. Not the same as a guy being taken away by an ambulance on a stretcher with fear of a potential paralyzing injury."

4. "America is so weak." 

5. "I'd say leave it up to the Bills. If they're not up for it within the next few days, they need to forfeit."

6. "This is going to go down with the Music City Miracle and Wide Right in Bills lore."

7. "if they cant / dont want to play it, then they should just concede the L and move on."

8. "The right call is whatever is best for the teams involved. The right call has nothing to do with inconveniences or money lost by the fans."

9. "If they call the game, I think it needs to be a Bills loss and Bengals win. Bengals were winning and playing really well. It wasn’t one of their players who went down, so why punish them?"

10. "I have to say, I've never seen more virtue signaling in my life. Everybody is trying to show everybody how morally superior they are on this subject. People on fantasy football Reddit are acting like people can't even ask questions about how to proceed in their leagues."

11. "This year in lieu of a superbowl trophy every team will get a participation trophy as well. **** that. Take a L for a forfeit, take a tie if Cinci agrees (and I doubt they will), or play the game. I'm not trying to sound callous here and I understand they saw some scary *****, but come on man. It sounds an awful lot like someone is trying to use that ***** for their advantage."

So yeah... majority of Bengals fans seem as confused/concerned as we are. There were a handful of dumb posts, but most of them echoed our sentiments. Chiefs fans on the other hand, much more of a mixed bag. There were plenty of posts voicing concern, but also a MUCH greater % of people being callous, talking s*** or just whining. It's clear they've got no interest in any solution that involves them. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 9

I don't understand how this is helpful to the situation other than you want to find a way to ***** on a fan base b.c of a few bad apples that every social group has.

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

There were plenty of posts voicing concern, but also a MUCH greater % of people being callous, talking s*** or just whining. It's clear they've got no interest in any solution that involves them. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

I don't see the NFL rescheduling the playoffs. There isn't going to be a fair outcome for either team imho.

I honestly think they will call it a "no contest" and both teams only play 16 games and use win% to determine the playoffs.  That's fair to everyone, even the teams that they are going against.

• Agree 6

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

So yeah... majority of Bengals fans seem as confused/concerned as we are. There were a handful of dumb posts, but most of them echoed our sentiments. Chiefs fans on the other hand, much more of a mixed bag. There were plenty of posts voicing concern, but also a MUCH greater % of people being callous, talking s*** or just whining. It's clear they've got no interest in any solution that involves them. 

I didn't expect much out of Chiefs fans, and they did not disappoint.  Or rather, they are quite disappointing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Bengals Board Posts - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen :

1. "It's fine by me to just declare the game a no-contest, with no winners, no ties, and don't replay. Players and fans of other teams impacted would understand. The worst scenario for me is a decision that benefits the Bengals because that would cast the Bengals as villains from now until the end of the NFL. I'd rather the Bengals take the high road, even offer to take a decision hurts the Bengals. It was the Bengals field, the Bengals were hosts, so even offer to take a loss if they want."

2. "If I'm the Bengals, I'd offer the Bills the W just as a nice gesture. It's relatively meaningless to them right now, but it would just show support. Whether they'd accept it or not, calling the game for them would just be a nice thing to do, and would be well regarded for a long time." 

3. "I am fine with anything other than accepting a loss. Cincinnati did absolutely nothing wrong. You can’t punish Cincinnati for something out of their control."

4. "IMO the Bills should be given the option to play it or forfeit. There should be no tie or "no contest". 

5. "The moment the Bengals agreed to leave the field and then the game altogether, they forfeited any sensible capacity to demand a forfeit. Ridiculous."

6. "To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway."

7. "What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?"

8. "Probably won’t happen, but: Scratch this game entirely. If the Bengals and Bills meet in the playoffs, play it at a neutral site (Detroit would be very fair). I realize Buffalo would have the better record, but yesterday’s game was still for the 2-seed at least."

9. "My biggest fear at this point is Buffalo trying to use this whole situation to their advantage. There is more incentive for them to NOT PLAY this game and take a tie rather than to play it (down 7-3 and the Bengals threatening to score again) to try and claim the 1 seed. If they lobby for a tie, it gives them the two seed, gives them one less game for their guys to get hurt, and eliminates the possibility of slipping to a 3 seed. Given how the game was going and the score, I think they'd be more than happy hanging on to the 2 seed rather than chancing it. I hope I am wrong, but a tie really ***** over the Bengals here."

10. "Absolutely nothing from the Bills owners, coaching staff or fans indicates they would try to use this to their advantage. GTFO with that sh" (response to above post)

1. "I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?"

2. "As far as I am concerned both teams decided last night to forfeit the game." 

Guy 1: "It's an unfair advantage to allow them to choose to play a game in the next few days or next week that they chose not to continue last night because someone nearly died on the field? Yeah, that seems like a solid and persuasive argument."

Guy 2: "Yes because of playoff implications, it IS an unfair advantage. We had a player off himself in front of our COACH and GM and we played two days later, as scheduled. "Nearly Died" We have seen players become PERMANENTLY PARALYZED and they continued to play. The unfair advantage is some teams would be RESTING players next week. Now this throws a wrench into the entire seeding issue."

Guy 1: "Do you think the Chiefs would've played the game if Belcher had killed himself in the parking lot immediately before the game? Answer: no. We now know that he didn't die on the field. But at the time, none of those players had any idea if he'd make it to the hospital or even off the field alive. Not the same as a guy being taken away by an ambulance on a stretcher with fear of a potential paralyzing injury."

4. "America is so weak." 

5. "I'd say leave it up to the Bills. If they're not up for it within the next few days, they need to forfeit."

6. "This is going to go down with the Music City Miracle and Wide Right in Bills lore."

7. "if they cant / dont want to play it, then they should just concede the L and move on."

8. "The right call is whatever is best for the teams involved. The right call has nothing to do with inconveniences or money lost by the fans."

9. "If they call the game, I think it needs to be a Bills loss and Bengals win. Bengals were winning and playing really well. It wasn’t one of their players who went down, so why punish them?"

10. "I have to say, I've never seen more virtue signaling in my life. Everybody is trying to show everybody how morally superior they are on this subject. People on fantasy football Reddit are acting like people can't even ask questions about how to proceed in their leagues."

11. "This year in lieu of a superbowl trophy every team will get a participation trophy as well. **** that. Take a L for a forfeit, take a tie if Cinci agrees (and I doubt they will), or play the game. I'm not trying to sound callous here and I understand they saw some scary *****, but come on man. It sounds an awful lot like someone is trying to use that ***** for their advantage."

I don't think that its Chiefs fans in general. I just think Chiefs Planet is a toxic unmoderated online community. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Given what I’ve seen/read from Chiefs fans, this absolutely tracks. Not sure why they have so many vocal horrible people amongst them, but it is what it is I guess. 

I’m of the opinion that some of the losers who post on ChiefsPlanet aren’t actually Chiefs fans, just professional internet trolls.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m of the opinion that some of the losers who post on ChiefsPlanet aren’t actually Chiefs fans, just professional internet trolls.

Also a distinct possibility. We have a handful around here playing out the same act.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

4. "America is so weak." 

Thank you for summarizing this. I couldn’t bare to go onto that horrendous Chiefs World or whatever geocities MySpace website that those chiefs fans use. 

• Haha (+1) 4

Exactly what I would have expected. 

Bengals fans are classy and reasonable, and the people from Chiefs Planet are horrible, wretched, despicable cretins. That place is the absolute armpit cesspool of the internet. I'm told that real Chiefs fans, in person, are actually very kind, knowledgeable, hospitable people. You CERTAINLY wouldn't know it by reading Chiefs Planet. Horrible, awful place.

The funny thing about those Chiefs fans being turds about it is that they're the team most likely to benefit if the Bills and Bengals game is declared a no-contest. In that scenario, the league likely determines seeding by overall win percentage, and assuming the Chiefs beat the Raiders, they'd get the 1 seed. They would, in some sense, be GIFTED a first round bye, without the Bills ever having done anything to actually lose the 1st seed. Despite that good fortune for their team (relatively speaking...you know what I mean)...they're still being turds. Totally tracks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

If I’m the billls

i forfeit the game - cincinatti can play and be fine we can’t - these kids we’re not ready to keep playing - our guys are emotionally drained

rest the starters against the pats - take the three seed and kick some ass for Damar on the road after wild card win at home

whatever - this team will band together and win in the road or at home

buffalo against everybody 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I expect that Buffalo and Cincinnati fans will view this differently from other teams' fans because their teams were directly involved.  It is a heck of a lot harder to be callous when your favourite team is one of those involved.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

4. "America is so weak." 

Bengals fans incredibly classy and really objective, decent people. Chiefs fans not so much. Chiefs fans are desperate to get an advantage out of a tragedy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't think that its Chiefs fans in general. I just think Chiefs Planet is a toxic unmoderated online community. 

Every chefs fan I've ever met made chefs planet look tame. They're all trash. I'm sure there's maybe 3 or 4 of them that might be decent people but idk where to find them. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Wow, I hope they are better than that, because those comments are pretty disgusting.  Football should not even factor into the conversation yet. There will be time for that, once we know how Hamlin is doing. 

6 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

If I’m the billls

i forfeit the game - cincinatti can play and be fine we can’t - these kids we’re not ready to keep playing - our guys are emotionally drained

rest the starters against the pats - take the three seed and kick some ass for Damar on the road after wild card win at home

I'd be happy for the Bills to forfeit, put the game to rest and concentrate on Hamlin and the other players. Nothing else matters at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I expect that Buffalo and Cincinnati fans will view this differently from other teams' fans because their teams were directly involved.  It is a heck of a lot harder to be callous when your favourite team is one of those involved.

and witness it versus read second hand edited (wont see the replays we did, probably wont see everyone bawling, guys on all fours, or have to explain to their 7yr old live, why everyone is upset) news about it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

They got deleted and banned real quick but there were posters on this board last night doing infuriating things like calling Tee Higgins dirty, calling the league soft for postponing and blaming Covid vaccines.  Bottom line, some percentage of fans from every fan base is awful.

Difference between unmoderated and moderated communities.

Its also good to take a step back and realize that because I like to read opposing teams forums when we play them and chiefsplanet is so toxic it makes me hate their fans altogether.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

If I’m the billls

I can see that. But both coaches decided to suspend the game, and the officials were on board as well.

So, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the Bills forfeit. Either don't play the game at all and go by win percentage, or make up the game at a later date somehow. That's what makes sense to me.

Now, if McDermott said at the time he was willing to forfeit the game if need be, and if that was the decision of the NFL he would accept that, it makes it a little different. But it seems like both coaches decided together to suspend the game and no talks of a forfeit was discussed.

51 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Given what I’ve seen/read from Chiefs fans, this absolutely tracks. Not sure why they have so many vocal horrible people amongst them, but it is what it is I guess. 

And people wonder why i hate the Chiefs so much, its their fans. Not one Chief fan said anything to me about it at work today even though i wear Bills gear daily. They couldnt care less as long as KC gets the #1 seed. Living in Kansas sucks.

Edited by EffKCChiefs
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

I can see that. But both coaches decided to suspend the game, and the officials were on board as well.

So, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the Bills forfeit. Either don't play the game at all and go by win percentage, or make up the game at a later date somehow. That's what makes sense to me.

Now, if McDermott said at the time he was willing to forfeit the game if need be, and if that was the decision of the NFL he would accept that, it makes it a little different. But it seems like both coaches decided together to suspend the game and no talks of a forfeit was discussed.

Dude the bengals can play

sid you not see our guys?  They are mortified…that look on Josh Allen’s face last night will live with me forever it was pure terror and horror.  Tre whites crying - they thought he died and he may have for a moment with his heart stopping and not breathing 

cincinatti could say - and rightly so - we can play - play or not 

we can’t 

• Like (+1) 1

I have nothing to stand on here but if I were to just guess... the bills take the L for lastnight, many players sit out for the NE game (if they play at all). Wait to hear about Hamlin and take whatever seed they can in the playoffs. But like I said I'm another thread, I feel the season ended yesterday. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Agree 4

Bottom line. Chiefs fans are trashy. They want the Bills to take an L. Fine. But their team took L's from both teams and I bet they're a little bitter.

I'll go rip some anus up over there when I'm bored at work tomorrow. Been a while since I got to be mean. SDS doesn't let me be me anymore. 😪

• Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Dude the bengals can play

sid you not see our guys?  They are mortified…that look on Josh Allen’s face last night will live with me forever it was pure terror and horror.  Tre whites crying - they thought he died and he may have for a moment with his heart stopping and not breathing 

cincinatti could say - and rightly so - we can play - play or not 

we can’t 

I agree, that's why I think the forfeit is the only option. It's incredibly unfair situation for both teams but, outside of Hamlin himself, I'd be most concerned about the Bills players mental health so I'd happily take the option.

Cincinatti have been amazing as an organisation, their players and their fanbase. If it can't be Buffalo I hope they rip apart the Chiefs just to watch that board implode. 

• Like (+1) 2

To me, these fanbases are at opposite ends of the NFL spectrum.

I absolutely love Bengals fans. I did before yesterday, and for years.  They're really a lot like us, and make their team easy to root for.

Chiefs fans always make me scratch my head. Their board is so far beyond toxic; I can't even go to that main board anymore.  It's wretched.

And not to get into politics, but the "virtue signaling" and "participation trophy" stuff is a bit of a giveaway.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.