Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

This is friggin incredible.  So damn happy right now for Damar, his family, friends, teammates and coaches.

Thank you to the training staff, first responders and doctors/nurses/therapists ❤️

6 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

They just said on NFL Network that he has been facetiming with people all morning and is currently having a facetime meeting with the Bills.

I imagine many tears of joy were shed during that call.  Awesome.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Led by....  Damar himself.  Imagine if Damar came walking out of that tunnel Sunday?

I think that's a Bridge Too Far

It's not inconceivable that he might be ready to transfer out of the ICU this weekend and transfer to a rehab facility either in Buffalo, closer to his teammates, or in Pittsburgh, closer to his family, next week. 

But let's leave him where he can still be monitored closely for a minute or two yet.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Most likely true.  But it seemed to me, based on the doctors PC, that the next step after getting him off of ventilation was getting him home with his family.  I didn't hear anything about the additional step of a rehab facility   

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's not inconceivable that he might be ready to transfer out of the ICU this weekend and transfer to a rehab facility either in Buffalo, closer to his teammates, or in Pittsburgh, closer to his family, next week. 

But let's leave him where he can still be monitored closely for a minute or two yet.

I’d put a video of him together and play it on the Jumbotron.

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Most likely true.  But it seemed to me, based on the doctors PC, that the next step after getting him off of ventilation was getting him home with his family.  I didn't hear anything about the additional step of a rehab facility   

It makes total sense that we'd hope he's healthy enough to walk out on the field on Sunday. But it might take more time, and that's ok too. 

One aspect that hasn't been brought up that much is how impactful the whole situation has been on the Bengals players as well. They were just talking about that on NFLN where they said the Bengals didn't practice at all until yesterday. The one reporter said she asked Joe Mixon earlier in the week if he would be ready to take the field on Sunday and he straight up said no. The recovery news has to be uplifting to them too, especially considering they have to go right back on the same field this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 5

Power of Prayer and an professional athlete  who was in great shape and has received the very best of care straight from the very beginning of this event happening

Im sooo thankful..........Thankful........THANKFUL

for everything EXCEPT his injury in the first place. His medical treatment , all of the really positive good parts

Thank you Jesus.

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

It makes total sense that we'd hope he's healthy enough to walk out on the field on Sunday. But it might take more time, and that's ok too. 

I think it's a good bet they want to keep Damar's stress and heart levels in check. They might not let him watch the game let alone walk onto the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

I think it's a good bet they want to keep Damar's stress and heart levels in check. They might not let him watch the game let alone walk onto the field. 

Yeah, whatever is best for him is the only thing that matters. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Amazing news!

Definitely there will be a video message. Won’t be a dry eye in the stadium.

How about maybe we get to the AFCCG, and by then he may be able to yell the right here right now from his hospital or rehab facility.

Guys, he has a long road to recovery, and thinking he’s walking out of the tunnel Sunday is presumptuous.  I work with the ICU for other reasons, but he’s going to need a lot of time.  

Maybe the home opener he can be there next year.  For now baby steps.

Im just glad I just saw the announcement he’s breathing on his own and was extubated this morning (oxygen tube removed).  A really good sign.  In addition, his neurological exams have all been positive as I was

worried the most the lack of oxygen while getting cpr could’ve caused permanent brain damage.  A lot of organs can regenerate, but not the brain.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Damar Hamlin will be healing more and more on the daily now. He turned the corner and he is heading straight for home. Sooner rather than later by all accounts

What a BLESSING

This will be a LOT for he to take in. From being injured, resuscitated, Recovering with Millions of both dollars and prayers lifted up for him. All that love and care for HIM.  As he recovers FULLY

Keep praying prayer people.

💙💙💙

• Like (+1) 6

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

For sure, it's best to exercise caution with our hopes (and Damar's health) at the moment, but it's not completely beyond the realm of possibility.  I absolutely expect him back on the sidelines (as a spectator) by our first playoff game.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but my 65 year old Dad went into cardiac arrest and was without a pulse for 12 minutes as CPR was administered.  They finally brought him back from the dead after numerous AED shocks and chest compressions and he went through all the same things Damar has in his care.  Once he woke up and the tube was pulled, he was out of the hospital within 36 hours and he was playing a full round of golf within a week of discharge.  He's still with us and winning club championships.  If my out of shape Dad can bounce back quickly, then I believe Damar will too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I doubt they'd restrict him from watching gm on tv. He's definitely going to be hospitalized for 1 -2 more weeks while drs come up with an exact cause and treatment plan. 

I'm just so happy he's breathing on his own and on his way to a full recovery 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To put things back in football perspective with Damar looking to be an absolute miracle. 

Maybe we build DH into the pregame week after week?

Week 18 - silence and an announcement. 

Wild Card- The training staff lead the charge. 
Divisional - Recorded Video in the stadium

Conference - With any luck he can lead us out of the tunnel! 

Edited by Mango

1 minute ago, Mango said:

To put things back in football perspective with Damar looking to be an absolute miracle. 

Maybe we build DH into the pregame week after week?

Week 18 - silence and an announcement. 

Wild Card- The training staff lead the charge. 
Divisional - Recorded Video in the stadium

Conference - With any luck, he can lead us out of the tunnel! 

Throw out the moment of silence.  This is now a time to celebrate his recovery, not mourn his potential loss.  

• Like (+1) 2

So Damar Facetimed individually with various teammates?

The thought of what it must have felt like to get a Facetime call and look at their phone and see that it's Damar on the other end. I can't even imagine.

Chills, goosebumps, lump in the throat. 

What a miracle. What a blessing. What an incredible turn of events.

God is good. And if you're not a "God person", then we can just say: modern medical science is incredible!

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.