Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

McDermott and Josh are doing a hell of a job. 

They’re getting choked up pretty regularly… McDermott fighting back tears when talking about Damar and his mom. 

Josh with a really nice bit about how getting the positive updates today is a huge weight off their shoulders. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So glad hear of the improvements to Damar's health. Long may these improvements continue.

I would recommend everyone to watch the 50 minute Zoom call posted earlier in the thread by the two Cincinnati doctors and the medical liaison. It is well worth your time. I watched it all kind of in awe.

The two Doctors who called in seemed to embarrass themselves by attempting to be smart and ask such invasive questions in complete contrast Dr Pritt and Dr Knight.

Damar is in great hands and it looks like he will receive great on-going care and treatment.

The on field medical personnel at Paycor stadium have done an amazing job - Bills/Bengals/Independent all worked together in harmony. All credit to them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, quincy said:

So glad hear of the improvements to Damar's health. Long may these improvements continue.

I would recommend everyone to watch the 50 minute Zoom call posted earlier in the thread by the two Cincinnati doctors and the medical liaison. It is well worth your time. I watched it all kind of in awe.

The two Doctors who called in seemed to embarrass themselves by attempting to be smart and ask such invasive questions in complete contrast Dr Pritt and Dr Knight.

Damar is in great hands and it looks like he will receive great on-going care and treatment.

The on field medical personnel at Paycor stadium have done an amazing job - Bills/Bengals/Independent all worked together in harmony. All credit to them.

Link to the zoom call?

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

A bunch of keyboard warriors spent the last couple of days scolding people over caring about football.  Meanwhile the first thing the injured player asks about is football.  

Awww….do you need a hug after your scolding?  

• Haha (+1) 4

Josh jumped in when they asked if they are ready to play Sunday, he was like yes! They all are ready to get back and win it for 3. Gave me chills, then I teared up. Can’t wait for Sunday, just really because it’s my connection to these guys and this team I love!!! 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Josh talked about how the team has been hugging each other and really “leaning into it” and how important that has been.

I’m always impressed with how secure in their masculinity the current Bills are. It’s a new generation. 

Football players may get a reputation of being tough grown men 

But I’ve seen tears in a lot of locker rooms… I’ve seen Passionate hugging and celebrating … I’ve seen struggle

they are not robots , they have emotion’s 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

That was awesome. The PC was over and josh one more thing everyone 

what a great guy. 

I gotta say, it's only been in the past few years that I realized just how small a world the NFL is.  These guys all seem to know each other.  We've seen that play out in the FA market, but it's also pretty clear our QB is highly respected around the league.  Of course some of that is just game recognizing game, but players notice stuff like this too.

• Like (+1) 2

Three things:

1.) I couldn't be prouder to root for Josh Allen and Sean McDermott. Both of them are genuine, loving, caring men of high moral character. Seeing coach get choked up talking about Damar hearing from his mom about the outpouring of love for him since Monday night...how could you not be extremely proud to have him as head coach of the Bills? And Josh taking the time after the press conference had ended to specifically shout out Tee Higgins and say he didn't do anything wrong. Awesome.

2.) When the reporter asked "do you think the players are ready to play a football game on Sunday", and Sean McDermott was about to start speaking, but Josh cut him off and authoritatively said "I do". That moment right there gave me chills.

2.) The "You Can Call Me Al" ringtone busting out mid press conference was awesome, and brought much needed smiles and laughter and a release of tension to the room.

So proud of those man after that press conference, and so proud that they're the leaders of my favorite football team.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Coach McDermott mentioned that Josh showed him something that damar's mom was going to show to him(damar) , and both he and Josh got REALLY emotional. Anyone know what it is? 

I think it was the amount of money raised for Damars charity 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

Coach McDermott mentioned that Josh showed him something that damar's mom was going to show to him(damar) , and both he and Josh got REALLY emotional. Anyone know what it is? 

I think they was referring to the charity donations.  Sean had just said he is not a social media person so he didn't realize the support until Josh sent him a text.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I think it was the amount of money raised for Damars charity 

You can only imagine how damar is going to feel once he finds out.

And that's just the charity.  Not even counting the proceeds from the other shirt sales and whatnot that are going to be donated to this fund.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

That one Buffalo reporter asks silliness each week. To UC MDs. “What did they do on field that was detrimental to Hamlin”.  Docs look puzzled because the Buff dude doesn’t even know the meaning of the word, apparently. 

It was Muki, I would be willing to bet he just used the wrong word, he's not generally a negative person.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.