Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is it? I couldn't sleep last night and woke up hoping there'd be some good news... or news. I don't like the whole "family will issue a statement later today" thing.

Man... praying every second of the day today for good news. 🙏

No news at this point is good news.

Another point that was made was the ambulance waited for Damars parents to come down from the stands to go in the ambulance with him.

They wouldn't have waited for them if he needed to get to the hospital as fast as possible.

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Ugh - I’ll be the first to say it’s none of our business but had quiet hope that this statement would have some sort of positive undertone to glean. A “he’s currently stable but we don’t know the road ahead” or something would’ve eased my worries for him slightly. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Ugh - I’ll be the first to say it’s none of our business but had quiet hope that this statement would have some sort of positive undertone to glean. A “he’s currently stable but we don’t know the road ahead” or something would’ve eased my worries for him slightly. 

We're all there with you.

Like I said before, I think this early on in the treatment process, no news is good news.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

We're all there with you.

Like I said before, I think this early on in the treatment process, no news is good news.

yea, we are all going to be over the top looking for the “he’s fighting” to contradict folks like deters. Fingers crossed as with most bills news, this family is following the model of it all tight knit and inner circle and no need to share too much too fast

ESPN just now reported from a reporter outside the hospital. The reporter has been talking to doctors leaving the hospital. One doctor is saying we won't hear anything for 24 hours after the event because they sedate the patient and cool the body to preserve brain function. Then after 24 hours, they will begin to wake the patient. The doctor said he has seen many of the cases like what Hamlin suffered, and the prognosis is good. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is it? I couldn't sleep last night and woke up hoping there'd be some good news... or news. I don't like the whole "family will issue a statement later today" thing.

Man... praying every second of the day today for good news. 🙏

If all the doctors commenting in threads and on twitter are correct we won’t really know anything until they try to take him off the ventilator which is 24-48 hours. I guess we could get updates if he needs surgery of some sort.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I bet they aren't saying much because the media/social media will analyze and speculate on every word. 

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

Your not alone and I'm sorry for the pain you felt and feel - life is way to short and gets scary quick and when the real moments hit they stay with you - some ***** you just don't shake 

Between that and the Haiti earthquake response, two moments in my career that will always stay with me... thank you so much. I appreciate it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Former Bill Paul Maguire right below.

Good catch.  Great guy.  Loved him on empire sports!  I had one of those huge umbrella shaped dishes installed in my yard way before the direct tv days, just to follow the bills from jacksonville1. Problem was I forgot you had to get the dam thing removed later when small dishes came out !   That was a pain, but it was great for following those great bills teams in the early 90’s!  

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

ESPN just now reported from a reporter outside the hospital. The reporter has been talking to doctors leaving the hospital. One doctor is saying we won't hear anything for 24 hours after the event because they sedate the patient and cool the body to preserve brain function. Then after 24 hours, they will begin to wake the patient. The doctor said he has seen many of the cases like what Hamlin suffered, and the prognosis is good. 

Sheeeeesh.  This brought more tears to my eyes. Tears of optimism and hope….. please pull through.  Fight Damar fight!!! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

yea Id like to see a link to this because I have been on ESPN for hours and never heard them say this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.