Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

This actually seems to be a decent article.  Has some good info explaining the difference between cardiac arrest and heart attack.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/damar-hamlin-collapse-bills-bengals-game-intl-hnk/index.html

Seems to be being updated.

Has a bit of an interview with Damar's friend Jordan Rooney

Edit: I see Big Turk already posted it, but I'll leave it here due to comments on good info explaining cardiac arrest vs. heart attack or heart failure.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Fetou said:

This guy seems way more interested in self promotion and the dynamics of his public perception than anything related to this situation. He's already saying the "I'll apologize if I'm wrong" spiel. I wouldn't put much faith into this at all.

Is he? Can’t see anything of the sort on his Twitter account. Or do you mean Darren Revell?

Great little thread. Bills really do have great beat writers, that know the assignment is to bring out the stories of who the players are, and the storylines of these games, while understanding and even celebrating that these are human beings that they cover 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/03/damar-hamlin-family-spokesperson-says-hes-fighting/

Jordon Rooney, a marketing representative for Bills safety Damar Hamlin and a spokesperson for the Hamlin family, appeared earlier today on ABC’s Good Morning America. “I can’t speak specifically on his medical condition,” Rooney told Robin Roberts. “I will say that he’s fighting, he’s a fighter. . . . The family is in good spirits. We’re honestly just taking it minute by minute, hour by hour.”

Good fact-based article by our ESPN reporter Alaina Getzenberg

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35368372/damar-hamlin-collapses-field-bills-bengals-temporarily-suspended

Also some more info and detail in Joe B's paywalled Athletic article:

https://theathletic.com/4053472/2023/01/03/bills-bengals-damar-hamlin/?source=twitterhq

Dane Jackson, the cornerback who played college ball with Hamlin at Pittsburgh, wouldn’t go anywhere near the scene. They’ve been incredibly close for years. When Jackson had to be taken by hospital by ambulance earlier in the season with a neck injury, Hamlin was despondent. Jackson, occasionally burying his head in a towel, stayed beside Diggs and a Bills staffer far away from the rest of the team.

This may be one reason why Diggs seemed to go to extra effort to get whatever info he could on Hamlin, for his brother Dane Jackson.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Sad 1

Prayers to Damar, his family, and support system.  I live close to where he grew up and played HS/college ball, his prior coaches have always had nothing but great things to say about him as a person (and player).

So much adversity for this team (and city of Buffalo) during 2022/early 2023, that those feelings can be difficult to handle.  But can also be used to uplift and bring people/community/players closer together.

As others said, football doesn't matter right now.  Damar and his family are in everyone's thoughts, stay positive and hopefully we receive a positive update in the next 24-48 hours.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

To Damar:  All positive energy I can generate is aimed at you.  Taking football out of the picture - all hope for a miraculous recovery.

To the Bills Organization:  I know you're hurting.  We all are.  And as unfair as it is, we need you to be the role model in how to process and handle this.  

To my adopted hometown of Buffalo:  How much can one community take in a year?  The Tops massacre, double-whammy historically epic snow events (and the ongoing fallout), now this?  Please continue to be the City of Good Neighbors and help each other.

To the NFL: You've made a good start by stopping the game.  Please continue to put people first in all decisions.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 15

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Can't keep my eyes dry, I surely hope we get good news soon

My feeling/guess is we won’t know anything until tomorrow outside of “continues to show normal heart beat while breathing through ventilator under sedation”.

They won’t know what kind of damage he suffered to his brain and other organs due to lack of oxygen until they pull him off the ventilator and sedation, which probably won’t happen until tomorrow. Just won’t know anything about what his health is gonna be until then.

It’s awful to wait, I’m just glad his family is there, that his family has support, this his teammates have each other, and we fans have an outlet and community here as well as we wait. That’s all we can do. Wait and pray and hope and offer strength.

It ***** sucks

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Prayers to Damar, his family, and support system.  I live close to where he grew up and played HS/college ball, his prior coaches have always had nothing but great things to say about him as a person (and player).

So much adversity for this team (and city of Buffalo) during 2022/early 2023, that those feelings can be difficult to handle.  But can also be used to uplift and bring people/community/players closer together.

As others said, football doesn't matter right now.  Damar and his family are in everyone's thoughts, stay positive and hopefully we receive a positive update in the next 24-48 hours.

I believe in the power of prayer.  Keep praying

People have to understand that you're Right On about the timeline.   "No news is Good News" at this point.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

My feeling/guess is we won’t know anything until tomorrow outside of “continues to show normal heart while

breathing through ventilator under sedation”.

They won’t know what kind of damage he suffered to his brain and other organs due to lack of oxygen until they pull him off the ventilator and sedation, which probably won’t happen until tomorrow. Just won’t know anything about what his health is gonna be until then.

It’s awful to wait, I’m just glad his family is there, that his family has support, this his teammates have each other, and we fans have an outlet and community here as well as we wait. That’s all we can do. Wait and pray and hope and offer strength.

It ***** sucks

Still haven't eaten since it happened and feel like I want to vomit when I think about food...

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I understand why the post was removed, but the Deters family is incredibly well-connected in the Hamilton County and NKY Republican Party. Joe Deters is the LONG time Hamilton County Prosecutor and that family is all over the legal and political landscape of this area. Eric Deters himself is a local talk radio blowhard, but he would know people. 

I don't care if he knows the Face of God and is posting Eternal Truth (which I significantly doubt, for several reasons having to do with my place looking up at the Slope of Enlightenment on the D-K curve for Modern Emergency Medicine, past experience in the ER of a Level III trauma center, and recent experience with a relative who suffered a respiratory arrest that probably wasn't detected for about 15 minutes.)

it's a total ***** move to be posting something like that.  It screams "LAMP", and what if his "people" are wrong?  Any person worth trusting as a source would think of that and STFU.  

Give the family medical privacy, let them share when and what they're ready to share, and for the Love of God folks, please Think before you  propagate rumors here.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Agree. I can see Goodell sitting in his office slamming his fist on the desk. I Garentee he'll do everything in his power to keep the nfl on schedule 

It sucks, but having to figure that out is kind of his job right?

The show must go on and all that... and he is the one that has to figure out all the rescheduling. 

This has just been the weirdest season I can recall.

A lot of sports out there that involve contact, but I have not seen anything like that (in football) since Everett went down.

I recall nothing about that game after... just the injury and then I guess there was a game. My thoughts were just on that kid.

I think the NFL handled this far more appropriately than in the past.

A shout out to the Cincinnati team and city for being very classy, caring, and considerate hosts too.

God speed Hamlin's recovery.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is it? I couldn't sleep last night and woke up hoping there'd be some good news... or news. I don't like the whole "family will issue a statement later today" thing.

Man... praying every second of the day today for good news. 🙏

They don’t owe you an explanation 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.