Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How can it be a terrible move when he hasn’t played a snap yet? See you’re being dramatic. Me saying Beasley looked finished last year doesn’t mean he is.

He looks to be washed, as you said.  

picking up washed players is bad. 

You said it.  

6 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I love Allen, but I’m getting GM Jack Eichel vibes. First he picks Dorsey and now he’s signing FAs.

Gotta think a stipulation of this is Beasley agreeing to keep his dumb mouth shut. Hopefully he’s in good shape to move the chains, I have my doubts based on earlier this year.

Allen is a winner. Eichel is a loser

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

I'm not expecting much from him.  If he can 3 to 4 3rd/4th downs, I'd be happy with that. 

I'm not expecting his near 1000 yard receiving years.  Just some clutch catches to move the chains. 

Agreed, no way he averages 250 yards over the next 4 games.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

My slowing down?

Happy Tom Hanks GIF by Laff

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That is likely part of it. Earlier in the thread someone outlined how, between his and Brown's remaining call ups, we could effectively use both players at one roster spot by alternating call ups.

Smoke has one more call up and Bease has 3. Then it resets for the playoffs and there are unlimited PS elevations. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Good move getting Beas back.  There's been too many drops.  Beas may not have the speed, but he knows how to get open and catch the ball.  Just wondering, is catching Josh's fastballs something some receivers can do and some can't?

it's actually a fair point to bring forth. Not to excuse our drops which generally cannot be excused... It's of course impossible to put it "in a lab", but I do wonder how say a WR like Garrett for the Jets would do catching JA fastballs in the snowy wetness that was Sunday as compared to receiving not quite so fast balls from White? With that said, JA doesn't gun every throw the same. But I wonder if even more touch needs developing by JA on the slippery type days...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

it's actually a fair point to bring forth. Not to excuse our drops which generally cannot be excused... It's of course impossible to put it "in a lab", but I do wonder how say a WR like Garrett for the Jets would do catching JA fastballs in the snowy wetness that was Sunday as compared to receiving not quite so fast balls from White? With that said, JA doesn't gun every throw the same. But I wonder if even more touch needs developing by JA on the slippery type days...

Yes, on several occasions with shorter throws Josh had way too much velocity on the ball. During rain games this is something he's gotta work on. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I agree and he still has work to be done in learning to read defenses and going through progressions. Man if he ever masters all them......🔥

3 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I agree and he still has work to be done in learning to read defenses and going through progressions. Man if he ever masters all them......🔥

Josh is physically the best QB ever. With his arm, stature, speed, I don't think anyone can compete with him and it'll be a while before someone else can.

I've said before, when people accuse me of expecting, or wanting, Josh to be Superman all the time that I don't. Most of the time competent will do. He was sumpremely competent against the Patriots last week and it resulted in an accomplished offensive performance. Do I think issues missing in the Patriots game returned on Sunday? Yes. The weather played a part, but only a part.

I appreciate Josh is human and he will have up and down games, but they seem more exteme than most. At his best no one can touch him; at his worst, however...

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Who is out there that would be an inspiring full assed attempt to upgrade the team? We clearly need something else on Offense. Would you like to trade or draft for someone? Too bad time machines haven't been invented yet

I certainly would have.

There are no better options now. That doesn’t make it a good option.

Taking the best available at this point and relying on him to play a meaningful role, is the problem in the first place. The fact that they are in this situation is the issue. 

17 hours ago, LEBills said:

he does say in the article that a source confirmed to NYUP that Bease is in Buffalo

I am probably too prejudiced against the practice of quoting tweets or social media posts made by someone else as sources, without any independent verification.  If they did verify with independent sources (and since it's shown true, they may well have) then my criticism is off-base and I own the mistake.

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

I think he will get some free PS call ups and maybe that’s why they brought him in bc brown already used his 2

Brown gets 3.  PS guys get 3.

Then it re-sets for playoffs.

Edited by Beck Water

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I am probably too prejudiced against the practice of quoting tweets or social media posts made by someone else as sources, without any independent verification.  If they did verify with independent sources (and since it's shown true, they may well have) then my criticism is off-base and I own the mistake.

Brown gets 3.  PS guys get 3.

Then it re-sets for playoffs.

Yes so if they call him up this game they would have to move him to the active roster that’s why I think bease will play 

1 hour ago, tomur67 said:

Good move getting Beas back.  There's been too many drops.  Beas may not have the speed, but he knows how to get open and catch the ball.  Just wondering, is catching Josh's fastballs something some receivers can do and some can't?

Maybe Josh Allen needs to develop some touch on his throws instead of always throwing it as hard as he can. Some of the drops are on him.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh is physically the best QB ever. With his arm, stature, speed, I don't think anyone can compete with him and it'll be a while before someone else can.

I've said before, when people accuse me of expecting, or wanting, Josh to be Superman all the time that I don't. Most of the time competent will do. He was sumpremely competent against the Patriots last week and it resulted in an accomplished offensive performance. Do I think issues missing in the Patriots game returned on Sunday? Yes. The weather played a part, but only a part.

I appreciate Josh is human and he will have up and down games, but they seem more exteme than most. At his best no one can touch him; at his worst, however...

The Jets' D is way better than the Pats D. I don't blame the Bill for not trying the middle of the field since they have good coverage LBs. That's just a tough D to crack. If they ever get an offense, they will be very difficult to beat. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not true on any of that really?

He had a number of nice catches through the first few games, averaging 9yds/catch. He picked up 1st downs on I believe every one of his catches. Josh mentioned in a post game how well they were building that relationship.

I dont think McK "clearly" beat him out as much as Crowder was catching up in the offense and was about to beat him out.

He had a real nice start and the injury was a real blow to this offense.

Who?  Crowder? 

He had 1st downs on 4 of his 6 receptions.

Here's the hitch: he had 6 receptions on 13 targets.  That's a 46.2% catch %.  He had a fumble, he had an INT on a target to him that I'm pretty sure was off a deflection on a catchable ball.

He was a nice complement to McKenzie and I think it was valuable to have that competition and that change of pace, but let's not paint him with a Halo in hindsight.

1 minute ago, flmike said:

The Jets' D is way better than the Pats D. I don't blame the Bill for not trying the middle of the field since they have good coverage LBs. That's just a tough D to crack. If they ever get an offense, they will be very difficult to beat. 

I think the Jets is a bad match for our offense and, in fairness, they have probably deliberately designed it as such.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I’m trying to remember if Beasley was good at blocking down field. Hasn’t that been a criticism of Shakir some?  

Not really.  It's not his thing, and certainly not on screens.

Shakir has been getting better at blocking.

6 minutes ago, flmike said:

It's not just the "good coverage LBs", it's that Josh was having to escape from pressure quite a bit (especially in the first half).  quick throws over the middle are problematic unless there's a clear passing lane, and once the QB moves out of the pocket to the L or R they can be blocked off.  It's not an accident that the passing chart for the Jets game shows a peppering of incompletions to the L, they were getting Josh to roll out to the L.

Edited by Beck Water

Excellent move for the bills. I thought not getting another slot option before the trade deadline was a big mistake. Great move cuz you get joshs safety blanket back, he knows the offense, hes healthy, he might be plug and play immediately, his beliefs and past antics aside he would only come back for one reason, a ring, so there's a very good chance he comes in motivated. And if he's complete trash? Who cares cut him move on with little money burnt, I doubt he's looking for a multi year deal like obj.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Yes so if they call him up this game they would have to move him to the active roster that’s why I think bease will play 

They can call Brown up this game.  It would be his 3rd call-up.  Then AFTER this game they would have to move him to the active roster for an additional call-up.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

They can call Brown up this game.  It would be his 3rd call-up.  Then AFTER this game they would have to move him to the active roster for an additional call-up.

Unless they hold him out for the final three games. As noted above, there are unlimited call-ups in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Correct and maybe they don’t want to make that decision yet so using bease this weeks

keeps brown on the PS and doesn’t require a decision 

Wouldn't keeping Isaiah Hodgins have been the better option if this was a skill set they felt the roster was lacking? Possession receiver that just catches the first down yardage with no YAC but is in his athletic prime with a much larger catch radius & huge hands. Bummed we couldn't find room for him over a guy like Baylon Spector or Jaquan Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Wouldn't keeping Isaiah Hodgins have been the better option if this was a skill set they felt the roster was lacking? Possession receiver that just catches the first down yardage with no YAC but is in his athletic prime with a much larger catch radius & huge hands. Bummed we couldn't find room for him over a guy like Baylon Spector or Jaquan Johnson.

We had him. In order to move him back down to PS, you have to release him and have him clear waivers first. This is for all waiver-eligible players being sent to PS.

When we waived him this time (not the first time), the Giants and our boys Schoen and Daboll, snagged him off the waiver wire. Nothing we could do about it, other than having him eat up an active roster spot the whole time.

And Hodgins hasnt been nearly as consistent for the Giants as we would need him to be here.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Welcome back Cole!!! I couldn't be happier to have a lot of the guys who were keys in helping turn this franchise around, back for our run this year. Fam is Fam! Now, if only Micah could get back for the playoffs. 🤞

It's time for everyone to leave the past in the past and move forward towards our main goal. I just hope the media can do the same and not ask Cole a bunch of cringy questions about last year.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.