Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

15 hours ago, The Dean said:

I will certainly welcome him back but honestly not sure what he has left in the tank.

I don't like that he quit on his team earlier this year. The excuse "he didn't know the offense" falls flat with me. He's a seasoned vet. LEARN THE OFFENSE! Did you see what that bum Mayfield did after a practice with his new team?

But if he has something left, let's give him a shot. I hope do hope he isn't as controversial with his social media posts---the same way I feel about every player.

I'm OK with seeing what he has left as long as I don't have to see another tweet from him where he complains that Bills fans hate him because he can't tell the difference between Beeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!! and Booooooooooooooo!.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, turftoe said:

We better draft OL this year. We need to stop signing a million free agent scrubs and neglecting the position in the early rounds of the draft. Give Beach Chairs some fresh moldable monsters to protect JA and open the holes for our running game.

Like Spencer Brown and Cody Ford?  

I agree- the OL needs help next year.  it’s just a roll of the dice no matter the position.  Just because we draft someone in rd 1-3, doesn’t make them an nfl starter.

top draft picks can still be beach chairs.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'd argue that between the moves to retain Lil Dirty and to bring in Crowder and Shakir, Beane had pretty strong odds to get 80% of Beasley's production from one of them.

It hasn't panned out. I hold out some hope on Shakir, but I think it's time to cut bait on the other two 

The problem is that they haven't been trying to get BETTER at WR the past two offseasons.

They knew they lacked speed and YAC at the end of the 2020 season...........and then released the speedy John Brown(presumably washed after injuries in 2020)........and only signed the tired possession receiver Emmanuel Sanders and didn't draft anyone.

Then they knew they were the worst YAC team in football in 2021 and that lack of ability in the WR corps had turned Allen into RB1 in the second half of the season............and then only took a flier on the oft injured Crowder and threw a 5th round pick at the problem.

They put a lot of eggs in the Gabe Davis basket and if anyone should have known to be more cautious about that it should have been them.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Like Spencer Brown and Cody Ford?  

I agree- the OL needs help next year.  it’s just a roll of the dice no matter the position.  Just because we draft someone in rd 1-3, doesn’t make them an nfl starter.

top draft picks can still be beach chairs.  

And we know how much Aaron Kromer loves his beach chairs!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Adding proven players to the practice squad is always a good move imo. There’s a better chance of him helping the team than “insert name of newly cut PS player here”

Not washed players. Proven players come to an end at some point. That point looked to be last year.

I do believe the Bills would’ve kept Beasley if he took a pay cut. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

He ain't coming back for the money boys, he is coming back for the ring!

And he is likely to put his body in the line to do so!

This guy is passionate and we need that. Young players respect tf out of him. From Davis to Knox, Singleterry to Dawkins. Even vets like Klein and Morse welcomed him back. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Abbreviation is the term you are looking for here

I'm referring to removing "up" from "washed up."  

Truncation is the term I was looking for, which is why I used it.

And substituting "you" with "u" is also truncation ... not an abbreviation.  Well .. here in the U.S., anyway.  Not sure about your third world country.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

And substituting "you" with "u" is also truncation ... not an abbreviation.  Well .. here in the U.S., anyway.  Not sure about your third world country.

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Of course Beasley's skills were deteriorating in 2021.  We could all see that.  Yet his 82 catches, many for first downs and at critical times in a game, were far more productive & consistent then we've gotten from the slot this season.

Beasley's greatest strength is his ability to read zone defenses prior to the snap.  Here his relationship with Allen is crucial.  His presence on the field immediately increases our chances of converting 3rd and short and extending drives. We're at the point in the season where extending only one or two drives will be the difference between winning and losing a game.

IMO those that are hostile to Beasley's signing here are just pissed off that he took an unpopular stand on covid vaccination. How do I come to this conclusion?  Because there is no logical football based argument against signing Beasley today.

I think it was more injury than that his overall skill had diminished.  He's a tough as nails dude who played pretty well despite nagging painful injuries.  He wasn't as as good as the previous years because he was playing hurt.  Then he didn't want to take a pay cut.

I was annoyed that he couldn't just keep himself off of social media and play football, and that for some reason he couldn't tell the difference between Beeeeze! And Boooo!  But I was not hostile towards him for it. 

Edited by BuffaloBob
  • Like (+1) 3

Beasley tapered off last year compared to his previous season and I don’t expect him to be totally rejuvenated, however this is the same guy that knowingly played with a broken leg. He will give his all and hopefully help move the chains. Ideally we hoped to find someone to replicate his production, but that wasn’t the case.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not washed players. Proven players come to an end at some point. That point looked to be last year.

I do believe the Bills would’ve kept Beasley if he took a pay cut. 

Oh…. Ok.  My bad.  Now that we know this is a terrible move can someone forward this to Beane so he can get Stevenson back before it’s too late!!

TERRIBLE MOVE BRANDON BEANE!!!  SHAME ON YOU!!! 

6 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

We may well see very soon if Beasley has anything left in the tank. His brief stay with the Bucs didn't make this seem likely. Playing time is earned and apparently he didn't much of it there in his brief stay. 

2 weeks on the PS and he "retired" after Tommy bitched at him.  Your assumptions may be hasty.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh…. Ok.  My bad.  Now that we know this is a terrible move can someone forward this to Beane so he can get Stevenson back before it’s too late!!

TERRIBLE MOVE BRANDON BEANE!!!  SHAME ON YOU!!! 

How can it be a terrible move when he hasn’t played a snap yet? See you’re being dramatic. Me saying Beasley looked finished last year doesn’t mean he is.

47 minutes ago, turftoe said:

We better draft OL this year. We need to stop signing a million free agent scrubs and neglecting the position in the early rounds of the draft. Give Beach Chairs some fresh moldable monsters to protect JA and open the holes for our running game.

The first 4 draft picks should be OL WR OL WR, in whatever order. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I think it was more injury than that his overall skill had diminished.  He's a tough as nails dude who played pretty well despite nagging painful injuries.  He wasn't as as good as the previous years because he was playing hurt.  Then he didn't want to take a pay cut.

I was annoyed that he couldn't just keep himself off of social media and play football, and that for some reason he couldn't tell the difference between Beeeeze! And Boooo!  But I was not hostile towards him for it. 

bolded SPOT ON with both Brown and Beasley.  I think McKenzie gets the "sit this one out" treatment this week or next week

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bills Mafia

Justin Romano  · Just now  · 

Cole Beasley is signing with the Bills. He flew into buffalo this morning. Not sure if he will play this week. Source: I know a family member of his. Id prefer not to say who.

Awesome we get a slot receiver who can actually catch the football 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

2 weeks on the PS and he "retired" after Tommy bitched at him.  Your assumptions may be hasty.

Tommy seems to be having a problem with the fact he can’t play anymore and I don’t mean Beasley 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I'm OK with seeing what he has left as long as I don't have to see another tweet from him where he complains that Bills fans hate him because he can't tell the difference between Beeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!! and Booooooooooooooo!.

I mean…you can start by unfollowing him…

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

English as my second language is better than your first

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Of course Beasley's skills were deteriorating in 2021.  We could all see that.  Yet his 82 catches, many for first downs and at critical times in a game, were far more productive & consistent then we've gotten from the slot this season.

Beasley's greatest strength is his ability to read zone defenses prior to the snap.  Here his relationship with Allen is crucial.  His presence on the field immediately increases our chances of converting 3rd and short and extending drives. We're at the point in the season where extending only one or two drives will be the difference between winning and losing a game.

IMO those that are hostile to Beasley's signing here are just pissed off that he took an unpopular stand on covid vaccination. How do I come to this conclusion?  Because there is no logical football based argument against signing Beasley today.

I'm not hostile to the signing. I don't think it made the team worse. I don't think it made the team better either. 

I think it's about a coin flip chance that he'll be more impactful than John Brown (0 catches on 1 target in 2 games). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I think he will get some free PS call ups and maybe that’s why they brought him in bc brown already used his 2 

might have to bring him up and keep brown on PS I feel like it’s a numbers game right now 

That is likely part of it. Earlier in the thread someone outlined how, between his and Brown's remaining call ups, we could effectively use both players at one roster spot by alternating call ups.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I think he will get some free PS call ups and maybe that’s why they brought him in bc brown already used his 2 

might have to bring him up and keep brown on PS I feel like it’s a numbers game right now 

The active WR's going forward should be

Diggs

Davis
Beasley

Brown

McKenzie
Shakir 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.