Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

Trending on Twitter.

I think anyone who can't accept Beasley back at this point is just being stubborn.

I was totally wrong about him leaving and me thinking we'd be fine with McKenzie. Bring Beas back and let him teach Shakir how to find the soft spots in zones, please.

It's sad but at this point I think we could be living in a weird back to the future timewarp where our top 3 WRs would be Diggs, Brown, and Beasley.

Davis is questionable as a #2 at this point, Shakir just doesn't have the chemistry built up, and McKenzie is just his wildly inconsistent self.

If anyone wonders why I keep the Josh Allen MVP thread going... just look at his weapons outside Diggs  :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Good . Wouldn’t want him to be the smelly guy in the locker room.  I’m sure he will do a workout to see what shape he’s in. We’re missing those 3-4 chain moving plays he brings 

He USED to bring. We are missing peak Beasley, no doubt. That guy isn't there anymore. He averaged fewer than 30 yards per game the 2nd half of last season and it was painfully obvious he had lost his pop. And he looked slower than a stationary object in Tampa.

57 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Why didn’t Daboll call him when they had all their receivers go down when he is playing small ball and fighting for the playoffs? Ask yourself that. 

Why would Beasley at his age and "retired" want to go to a team that obviously stands no chance at a super bowl?

4 hours ago, 947 said:

Beasley had 4 catches in 2 games for the Bucs. His final reception was on 3rd down & he failed to convert, he got screamed at by Brady all the way back to the sideline, retired the next day.

That may explain his sudden retirement. After playing with Josh and the family atmosphere of the Buffalo Bills, he finds himself on a team with a whiny finger-pointing QB who berates him publicly as if he’s a rookie who needs to get it together. 
If I’m Beasley in that situation, I tell Brady to F.O. and retire.  
If he’s the same Bease that had a knack for finding open areas and rarely dropped passes, I’d gladly welcome him back. 
QBs look for receivers they can consistently count on. Currently, Josh has only one of those. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

If he can truly help this team, I’m all for it.  Do I think he got a bit douchey at the end?  Sure.  

Hopefully if true, whatever caused him to be a few and done in TB wasn’t his skills.

Hate Shakir hasn’t done anything this season.  Must be some reason  Josh doesn’t seem to trust him.

Edited by davefan66

Tells me the Bills:

1. Feel they can't win SB w/ our current WRs

2. Don't expect to get OBJ any time soon

3. Are desperate & scouring the streets for old washed up FA ie: John Brown & Beasley who may contribute a little but won't fix the overall problem (Dallas is doing the same w/ Higgins). 

TO may be next.

Hope this helps, but not holding my breath he'll show up & boom the light goes on for the O to start being electric again. I'll be pleasently surprised if it happens.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

Why didn’t Daboll call him when they had all their receivers go down when he is playing small ball and fighting for the playoffs? Ask yourself that. 

Didn't Beasley imply he wanted to sign with a Super Bowl contender?  Plus, we don't know the relationship was like between him and Daboll.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

47.1% catch percentage vs 73.2%?

Catch % is not the same as drops. For example the only throw to Shakir on Sunday was totally uncatchable and OOB.

I think Beasley is absolutely washed up. 

I think we have a bit of a problem with a FO who has struggled to figure out WR depth and a stud QB with the yips which is why we’re trying to sign a bunch of guys who are going washed up but the QB has some positive history with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I don’t understand why the Bills would do this before giving Shakir any meaningful snaps?

Shakir can’t get open. He isn’t ready to be a meaningful contributor.

Also this Beasley “rumor” sounds far-fetched. The guy is done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Needs to happen. McKenzie cannot be trusted. The only folks who don’t want Beasley have a personal vendetta against him. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He USED to bring. We are missing peak Beasley, no doubt. That guy isn't there anymore. He averaged fewer than 30 yards per game the 2nd half of last season and it was painfully obvious he had lost his pop. And he looked slower than a stationary object in Tampa.

Yea let’s roll with peak McKenzie who trips over his own feet, runs out of bounds in the endzone, and drops passes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Tells me the Bills:

1. Feel they can't win SB w/ our current WRs

2. Don't expect to get OBJ any time soon

3. Are desperate & scouring the streets for old washed up FA ie: John Brown & Beasley who may contribute a little but won't fix the overall problem (Dallas is doing the same w/ Higgins). 

TO may be next.

Hope this helps, but not holding my breath he'll show up & boom the light goes on for the O to start being electric again. I'll be pleasently surprised if it happens.

This sounds right. By now, it must be apparent to McDermott and Beane that Davis is a better third or fourth receiver, McKenzie is a liability, and Shakir (like Elam and Bernard) isn't ready. With no one of merit on their or any other team's practice squad, they're gambling that familiarity with Allen will offset Brown's and Beasley's declining skills. 

I wonder if Allen is pushing for his old buddies to come back. He goes back to throw, and if Diggs his covered, he can a) check down; b) throw to MacKenzie, who will drop it; or c) throw it to Davis, who never gets separation and will likely drop it anyway. Must be deeply frustrating, especially when he see Tua throwing to Tareek and Waddle, Brady to Evans and Goodwin, and Burrow to Higgins and Chase. Imagine Allen with Diggs and Jefferson. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

I don’t think Beasley can play anymore. No he is not able to run or cut base on what I observed. Period. He isn’t the same. 

Based on what? 

He played two games in Tampa this season.  In week 2 against Green Bay he was targeted 4 times and had 3 receptions.  In week 3 against KC he was targeted once and caught it.  That, to my rudimentary math skills, works out to 4 receptions on 5 targets, or a 80% completion percentage.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, todd said:

He’s a clown, but was always a good bill and a great player when healthy. If he hasn’t lost too much, I’d love him back. 

a clown, but OUR clown.

Why is he a clown? Did he do something to hurt your feelings?

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Yea let’s roll with peak McKenzie who trips over his own feet, runs out of bounds in the endzone, and drops passes. 

I am not saying the Bills are good enough in the slot. I just am very sceptical that there is anything left in Beasley's tank. He really struggled down the stretch last year and then washed out quickly in Tampa. 

If I thought there was any chance of 2020 Cole Beasley turning up I'd be all over it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not saying the Bills are good enough in the slot. I just am very sceptical that there is anything left in Beasley's tank. He really struggled down the stretch last year and then washed out quickly in Tampa. 

If I thought there was any chance of 2020 Cole Beasley turning up I'd be all over it. 

Washed out in Tampa pretty quickly when they had a major need at the slot with Godwin on. 

I have some frustrations with the FO at the moment. They have done a little bit of poor scouting on their current prospects and lack of veteran FA presence.

I think Josh has a little bit of the yips since the bye. In addition to only having 4 WR on the roster right now, I think that they are targeting guys like Beasley and Brown with minimal tread is to try and get him back in his rhythm with familiarity. 2 of the more frustrating plays for me yesterday was Josh throwing the ball away with a very open Cook and then Knox on the play. He didn't even look their way and they weren't plays with defenders bearing down on him either.

7 hours ago, DC Greg said:

Beasley’s play fell off his last couple seasons in Buffalo due to age/injuries. But, if he’s got anything left in the tank, I’d love to see it. He was the most reliable outlet for Josh for a long time. As others have noted, if he’s rested and can provide anything close to what he used to do in terms of finding the soft spot in the zone on third down, he could be worth a shot.

If Josh thinks it could help, make it happen. 

If he's fully healthy and has juice left , then yes, he should be signed.  Just like John Brown, stick him on the PS and get him ready to play.   If between he and Brown they make 10 plays in the next two months, it will have been worth it.  Jamison Crowder going down was big for this team and Lil Dirty appears to be streaky/unreliable, which drives McD nuts. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.