NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

26 minutes ago, AllenDaBomb said:

Beane needs to throw some draft capital at the O-line.

This is a wise and erudite poster

(for reals)

I think a check of the archives would reveal that several here were worried that our lack of investment in offense, and specifically in offensive line, would bite us on the ass.  No QB looks sharp when he's under pressure and running for his life all game.

That said, early on Josh was taking the short throws.  I'd have to look at the all-22 but I'm gonna guess that on a number of deeper throws where Josh didn't connect, there were open underneath options.   He needs to take those and move the chains more often.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

If the O-line keeps up the protection we saw today, we might be seeing Keenum soon.

if the OL keeps playing like this Its Beans fault.  He did jack in the offseason.  Kc and Cincy reload on OL.  AlsoC, OL should buy JA gifts, not vice versa this year

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

By the way 0-2 in division against the two teams that are now a half game behind us. 

Play them both again at home though likely with tre white.  Hard to blame injuries in this one cuz the offense was mostly healthy and didn’t do much…the dolphins were playing virtually an entire team of second stringers in that second half though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Right now, honestly, beside all the anger for this loss, how much you are worried for the final regular season standing ? 

Still confident in the first seed, or not ? 

A BIG Game next week for Buffalo facing Minnesota. They are a very good team and a loss would bring Buffalo back to the pack in the East. 

I still remain highly confident in our team.  Am I hurting right now?  More than I have been in years, and I'm not really fully sure why, but this one effing stings.  HOWEVER, I take solace in the fact that we played our absolute worst game of the season, and the Jets played a darn near PERFECT game to come away with a 3 point victory.  Both of our losses have come by a combined total of 5 measly points.  

Everyone has the right to be angry, and the right to vent, I'm not trying to take that from anyone, but make no mistake, this is STILL an elite football team, and come January, I have faith we'll still be in the hunt for not just the playoffs, but the number one seed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Miller was added and so was a starting CB

Yep, Miller was a very good acquisition.  Not sure about Elam yet.  

it’s not necessarily Beane’s fault…both the Jets and the Dolphins have had a ton of high draft picks (through savvy trades and finishing low in the standings) and the Bills have been drafting at the end of the round for several years. We haven’t had a chance at guys like Jalen Waddle and Sauce Gardner. Eventually it catches up to you.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The game was tied at 17-17 the Jets proceeded to run the ball every single

time from their own 4 yard line. 

Why was it 17-17 and not 20-10/24-10/27-10/31-10???

INT, INT, missed easy throw to Shakir/overthrowing Diggs, missed field goal (last one on Bass, not Josh, though the final two calls/executions on that drive were poor)

Edited by UKBillFan

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They run the ball fine most games. It has nothing to do with that.

When Josh is your leading rusher and they have him defended in the 2nd half, it allows a really good front seven to pressure him and cause him to miss throws and throw into coverage. The result 3 pts after the half.

Something's off with Josh. He's been different since halftime of Packers game. His picks havent been great defensive plays they're just terrible decisions. 

The OL is bad. Idk what we do to fix it. It needs a major overhaul in off-season. 

However we have terrible games every year mid season under McDermott and end up fixing it.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Anyone want to talk about the silent refs until the final drive?

I do. 

Terrible. How many holds happened all game long that weren’t called? And then on the final play, Gardner is all over Diggs, doesn’t have his head turned, and is clearly holding his arms. I know they’re both going for it, but the rule has ALWAYS been the defender has to turn his head. 

I know that one play doesn’t make the game, and I know that it shouldn’t come down to this. But, good teams get those calls. Favored teams get those calls. Mahomes would get it. Brady would get it. Tyrik Hill or OBJ would get that call. 

I don’t like it. 

Can you take a break from the “it’s rigged” nonsense?  This is the way every league is.  You think MichEl Jordan didn’t get favoritism?  Wayne Gretzky? Brady? Etc… those types of things are earned by superstars.. It will never change, crying about it won’t change it.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

By the way 0-2 in division against the two teams that are now a half game behind us. 

No different than last year with NE, although I think Miami is the real deal. The Jets are more like NE last year. NE was leading the division late last season.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Our starting rb needs to carry the ball more than 6 to 8 times a game.  Not because we are running so well or because we can't pass but because it keeps defenses honest and makes us less predictable.  Time and time again we've started thowing too much and we get away with it some games and against better defenses we don't.  Just like not stopping the run.  We get up on teams not taking the run seriously isn't a big deal but when the game stays close and they've been pounding the ball all game we fade pretty hard.  The loss is less frustrating than the fact that these are repeat problems that our coaching staff should see coming from a mile away.  We corrected things well last season hopefully we'll do the same this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, mannc said:

Yep, Miller was a very good acquisition.  Not sure about Elam yet.  

it’s not necessarily Beane’s fault…both the Jets and the Dolphins have had a ton of high draft picks (through savvy trades and finishing low in the standings) and the Bills have been drafting at the end of the round for several years. We haven’t had a chance at guys like Jalen Waddle and Sauce Gardner. Eventually it catches up to you.

didn’t seem to catch NE, Steelers, or other such teams during multiple SB wins. Or KC.  

My confidence will be based on the post game status of Allen’s arm. He’s been off for a couple of weeks now and that rubbing of the forearm at the end was something we’ve never seen from him. Could be unrelated - maybe that injury happened in the moment and his recent struggles have been between the ears. Still didn’t like it.

Point is that we’re one more big injury away from this season slipping. This was a damaging loss, there’s no other way to frame it. I don’t like our offensive playmaker or safety depth. I want OBJ and/or about 200% more Cook.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Why was it 17-17 and not 20-17/24-17/27-17/31-17???

INT, INT, missed easy throw to Shakir/overthrowing Diggs, missed field goal (last one on Bass, not Josh, though the final two calls/executions on that drive were poor)

Once again in the nfl against one of the 5 best defenses in football your going to have these types of games happen. The game was tied all you needed was one stop to get the ball at midfield that’s it. 

Everything is squarely on Allens shoulders. more than most QBs for sure.  when he is average and makes some mistakes Bills have no other answer.  He is pretty much the whole offense with overrated weapons, average coaching, o-line, running game and now with the injuries a very average defense. Luckily he has had more good games than bad  this year, that's why Bills are 6-2, but their entire plan on winning games runs through him

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah wish we had some guy like Von Miller

Zach Wilson has the worst split stats of any QB in the NFL when pressured. I know you're making a different point but Miller didn't help us at all today when that was the most crucial part of the defensive game plan.

LAnd shart should be investigated for gambling. ******* disgraceful. Dude is terrible. Phantom holding on Diggs catch. No flags all game against the jets. Then no dpi or holding on the Davis throw. 2 arm grabs, no turning his head and putting his arms in the air. Honestly jOsh Stunk up

big time. His mvp season is done. But come the **** on. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We don’t get the number 1 sees in the playoffs and we aren’t going to the super bowl. That’s all I’m saying. And today probably cost us a real shot at it. Also, other teams are going to copy what the Jets did today. This offense is in trouble unless they get something turned around immediately. And this defense still can’t stop the run. Not having Milano sucks and I think we are better off playing Dodson. Edmunds had a chance to really step up today. This defense was pushed around from start to finish.

Other teams can copy the Jets all they want. It doesn’t mean it will work.

Do you think if teams copy the way the Bills played against the Titans that the Titans won’t win another game this season ?

Just now, BananaB said:

How about our WRs suck besides DIggs. You think it’s getting easier? Another 2 catches for Davis on the year, gives him 18. Mr. ***** Reliable. As good as Josh is he needs more help then Diggs. 

I have not made an exhaustive and systematic study.  But from what I've seen, Josh is part of the problem here.  Are these catches that a top WR in the NFL makes?  Yes. 

But from some of what I've seen, Josh is at many times, forcing difficult throws that require difficult catches, when he has shorter options that are more open underneath.  If defenses were forced to pay more attention to the underneath stuff, Davis would be more open. 

I don't know whether Josh simply doesn't trust  McKenzie and Morris and Knox, or whether he doesn't see them, but it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MPT said:

Zach Wilson has the worst split stats of any QB in the NFL when pressured. I know you're making a different point but Miller didn't help us at all today when that was the most crucial part of the defensive game plan.

He had a sack and forced fumble. He did just fine 

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

Can you take a break from the “it’s rigged” nonsense?  This is the way every league is.  You think MichEl Jordan didn’t get favoritism?  Wayne Gretzky? Brady? Etc… those types of things are earned by superstars.. It will never change, crying about it won’t change it.

Who said anything about rigged? Allen is a star, so is Diggs. There was another non-call in the Dolphins/Bears game. 

As a fan of the game and this team, you should be angry too. Good defense is one thing, but blatant fouls aren’t good for the game. Regardless of the outcome. 

This offense has been figured out, Ken Dorsey ain’t Daboll. 

Josh spends too much time with his girlfriend and filming commercials. 

This might be the kick in the ass they need to focus, maybe. 

Injuries have really ruined a dominant defense. 

Football isn’t fun when the Bills don’t dominate. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.