NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

We never use the tight end, needed quick hitters in this like Brady use to do. Especially with the sieve  oline. Not impressed with the offense.

its a huge issue.  They try to gain 15-20 yards too often.  Short passes can wear a D down like a good running game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This was the kind of JV crap I was resigned to during SO MANY years of 8-8 seasons...- but I thought we were supposed to be a superbowl team now???  Nope.  

Allen needs to stop believing all the media hype around him, shave that mustache and stop throwing INTS at the ten yard line. 

Teams have figured out all you need to do is pressure him and he gets hyper and he caves.    And then just run it on our Defense and you'll win.  If Green bay weren't terrible we would've lost that game in the second half...

Edited by Irish Dave

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I think Josh is missing Beasley; or at least what Beasley could bring to offense.  McKenzie has 18 catches in 8 games; averaging barely over 2 per game.  Seems to me, something is amiss there from that 3rd WR position.  As stated earlier, Davis has essentially disappeared.  

Missing Crowder hasn't helped either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Last year was our year.  Thank you Frazier.  Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening this year.  I never liked Frazier here.  Hope he is gone after this year's failures.  Ugh....(super knee jerk mode right now)....

No no…..it’s legit.  Its because the injuries.  They’re a massive deal and it only shows how truly week to week this league is.  

Rolling the dice on a multi-year OBJ deal seems like a real need right now. 

I really like Beane and overall he’s great, but we’re halfway through the season now and it’s obvious that they did not do enough to address WR.  

And that’s without the foresight of seeing that McKenzie is not a full time slot and Davis is not a #2. 

All the talk of “pass catchers” and positionless players … No, get a #2 if you want to be one of the pass heaviest offenses in the NFL.  

Mahomes has Kelce… and then two solid vets who can get open in MVS and Juju.

We have Diggs… and then reliable pass catchers in….  ::shrug::  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I didn’t mind the refs. They were just going to let them play all day. Not calling anything.

The one irritating thing was the hold on the last drive, when our guys were getting held on many of those big jets runs. to call the first hold of the game there was bad— but I didn’t see it and maybe it was just egregious.

How about that interception they just gave to the Jets despite the Bills having obvious possession?

For the last year or so, I’ve been saying that the Dolphins and Jets are improving and could pose a threat to the Bills, and every time, I get laughed at. Both teams have added a ton of talented players through smart trades and solid drafting…we’ve got 17, but that’s not enough…and our drafting has been average.  It will be a tough battle to win the division.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Can’t believe that last pass hit Davis right in the numbers haha 

Davis has to slowup on that and jump to make the catch. He gets clobbered by the cb and it's a automatic 1st down in fg range. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

With the game on the line and clock moving, no hustle or sense of urgency, after the fumble just let the clock run, that's 2 loses to divisional opponents. But play around with the clock in the playoffs and it may not end well. 

I was for sure thinking bills would sweep NE this year but maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

This is the result of having total dependence on Josh making big plays with his arm and his legs and having no real running game. The o-line sucked today and almost got Josh injured. The defense couldn’t stop the run last week and when it counted , couldn’t tackle and the Jets ran the ball down our throats. This team is vulnerable against good rushing defenses and sometimes Josh cannot be Superman.

And it’s been like this going on 3 years, I don’t understand why coaches don’t do something. 

Just now, Motor26 said:

Have the tiebreaker over KC, Titans and Baltimore for number 1 seed. Still control their own destiny. 

This team just lost to the Jets and Allen looks completely different. Something is wrong. The whole 2nd half against GB and all day today. There’s a real issue here and there’s no way to know it gets fixed

• Like (+1) 1

I'll keep my thoughts brief:

Poor game by Allen (despite him being our entire offense).  Bad picks two weeks in a row.  Clean it up.

The Jets defense is as good as advertised.

We have got to get healthier at some point. ( I hope )

It is a long season.  The season will not be defined by a week 9 road loss in New Jersey.

Get Milano, Rousseau, Poyer and White back for the Vikings next week and get back in the Win column.

It'll be ok everyone. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I didn’t mind the refs. They were just going to let them play all day. Not calling anything.

The one irritating thing was the hold on the last drive, when our guys were getting held on many of those big jets runs. to call the first hold of the game there was bad— but I didn’t see it and maybe it was just egregious.

Worse yet, it was the FIRST penalty on the Bills offense all game.  There is no way the Bills O played 100% clean ball all game just to hold on the last drive.  Clearly a decision was made by the ref on that to insert his fat ass into the outcome of the game.  Then, some other fat ass ref decided NOT to affect the outcome on the non- DPI.  What a day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Miami just BARELY beat the 3-6 Bears, last week they BARELY beat the 2-6 Lions, the week before that they BARELY beat the 2-6 Steelers. GMFB.

Justin Fields ran wild on them but their offense seem to be hitting on all cylinders unlike ours.

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I think Josh is missing Beasley; or at least what Beasley could bring to offense.  McKenzie has 18 catches in 8 games; averaging barely over 2 per game.  Seems to me, something is amiss there from that 3rd WR position.  As stated earlier, Davis has essentially disappeared.  

Yep something is seriously wrong here.  Slot for Allen has been money for him

I also think Knox is playing at 80%

• Like (+1) 1

My takeaways:

1) zero game balls deserved. If there was anyone, I guess it’d be Diggs?  

2) something is very wrong with Allen. I think it’s in his head, versus injury.. but we’ll see.  It needs to be figured out, because we rely way too much on him.  No one was good, but this game was on Josh today.  Plain and simple. His decision making and execution sucked.  He ran the ball well… great… but prefer we use a running back for that!

3) on the note above, how about even trying to establish a running game?  Which also leads to the next comment…

4) it seemed like our O-Line did not hold up well today. Further justifying complaints that we didn’t focus enough on the trenches. The jets owned us in the trenches on both sides of the line for most of the game. 

5) Gabe Davis has been my biggest disappointment so far this season.  And this is a guy we’re concerned about losing to some team that would pay him huge money to be their #1 wideout?  No consistency from him this season. And don’t appreciate the half-a@@ effort on that last ball. It hit him in the chest.  Diggs makes that catch. 

6) defensive injuries were killers for us, in both of our losses. That said, funny how the offense sputtered out (regarding points scored) in both of those losses too. A healthy Tre White, Milano, and Poyer might have made the difference in this 3 point game. 

7) may not be time for full blown panic button… but reality has set in, and we clearly are beatable. Two losses to divisional teams are killers. These may be the difference between a top 4 seed, and a hopeful wildcard.  

8. McDermott did not have this team ready to play today. Once again, they couldn’t stop the run.  Tackling was absolutely brutal.  Blocking was weak.  And we seemed to have given up midway through. Pathetic effort and coaching. 

9) nothing is worse than a loss like this, then having to go through a work week. I tend to try tuning out from football altogether during the week. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Miami just BARELY beat the 3-6 Bears, last week they BARELY beat the 2-6 Lions, the week before that they BARELY beat the 2-6 Steelers. GMFB.

I hate to be that guy right now but at the end of the day they beat em. We got to do better especially on offense

There are things to clean up.

Dorsey as an OC is going to have to step up, and find the right way to reign in the sloppy turnovers.

I thought I would see more 12 personnel with the extra TE because the Jets have given up a lot to TEs plus you have an extra blocker.

Our D is getting gashed by outside runs and Frazier needs to figure that out, but the injuries are not helping.

This game exposed issues that have been going on for a while this year.

Hopefully Allen will be alright. The Jets brought a lot of pressure against the pass, and I do not think the game plan helped Allen enough.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Worse yet, it was the FIRST penalty on the Bills offense all game.  There is no way the Bills O played 100% clean ball all game just to hold on the last drive.  Clearly a decision was made by the ref on that to insert his fat ass into the outcome of the game.  Then, some other fat ass ref decided NOT to affect the outcome on the non- DPI.  What a day.

When you leave it up to the refs, you simply haven't played well enough. If we were up 30-17 it wouldn't have mattered.

Just now, gtw3 said:

I'll keep my thoughts brief:

Poor game by Allen (despite him being our entire offense).  Bad picks two weeks in a row.  Clean it up.

The Jets defense is as good as advertised.

We have got to get healthier at some point. ( I hope )

It is a long season.  The season will not be defined by a week 9 road loss in New Jersey.

Get Milano, Rousseau, Poyer and White back for the Vikings next week and get back in the Win column.

It'll be ok everyone. 

This is the most frustrating part of this season.  All of the huge, big-name players with injuries.  A case can be made that if Poyer and Milano play today we win, and if Poyer plays in Mia we win that as well.  Injuries happen...but man we can't escape the bug.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mannc said:

For the last year or so, I’ve been saying that the Dolphins and Jets are improving and could pose a threat to the Bills, and every time, I get laughed at. Both teams have added a ton of talented players through smart trades and solid drafting…we’ve got 17, but that’s not enough…and our drafting has been average.  It will be a tough battle to win the division.

Bean refuses to make a big trade to get us over the top.   LA did it.  We have CMC this is a totally different offense.  But nice work getting another James Cook and crappy safety. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Josh Allen threw a bonehead INT early. Probably took 7 off the board.

Josh Allen threw a bonehead INT in the 3rd quarter after the Bills got a huge turnover. Jet score 7 on a short field.

That’s a 10-14 point swing right there and that doesn’t count his other inaccurate passes throughout the day.

The Bills are down 3 Pro-Bowl type players on defense today. Milano, Poyer and Hyde. 4 if you count Tre White.

The offense HAS TO score more than 17 and, ironically, that falls on 17’s shoulders. He was woeful throwing the ball today.

Josh Allen also ran for 2 touchdowns and improvised on several of our good plays. Yes, his passing was off on several plays, but the play calling was subpar today, the o-line was getting beat without any blitzing & other than Diggs, the WRs had a bad day, too.  We expect Allen to carry us every game. We need others to step up, too. 

• Like (+1) 4

Lol like expected so much overreaction to everything.

Yeah we lost a game and that sucks.

Yeah Allen was off today and that sucks too. 

But it is amazing how so many of you suddenly forget that we were 6-1 before this game either dominating or winning close games. Jets D is no joke. Today their O played very good too. We missed a lot of guys. J.Johnson sucks. Allen was off or not on the same page with Knox/Davis. Edmunds' INT was probably incorrectly taken from us. Everything went wrong.

Being SB caliber team doesn't mean that we need to be 17-0 and dominate everybody. Things like this happen. We'll be fine (unless Allen is hurt).

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.