NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Big Turk said:

When you leave it up to the refs, you simply haven't played well enough. If we were up 30-17 it wouldn't have mattered.

True, but there are close games ALL the time in the NFL...the refs need to be consistent WITHIN the game...if they are letting them play...let them play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Josh Allen also ran for 2 touchdowns and improvised on several of our good plays. Yes, his passing was off on several plays, but the play calling was subpar today, the o-line was getting beat without any blitzing & other than Diggs, the WRs had a bad day, too.  We expect Allen to carry us every game. We need others to step up, too. 

or, we need other players. Bean sucks at offensive drafting other than Allen. 

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm talking overall yardage. Until someone else steps up we're in trouble. Josh needs some help out there.

He has a ton of weapons. He has been forcing throws to Diggs who is double covered and Davis who isn't open. Knox, Singletary, Cook, and Kumerow can all make plays but he's holding onto the ball or forcing bad passes instead of throwing to them.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I don't want him to be superman all the time. Being a passable Quarterback is enough sometimes.

Well, when you get sacked 5 times and your O -line can’t protect, most QBs will struggle. To your point, he looked bad 2nd half last week and should have 3 picks this week. The question is what can we expect against the Vikes and can we slow down a pas rush with any running game.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

True, but there are close games ALL the time in the NFL...the refs need to be consistent WITHIN the game...if they are letting them play...let them play.

Perhaps it was so egregious they couldn't...Diggs didn't get his second foot down anyway so it would have been overturned.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Worse yet, it was the FIRST penalty on the Bills offense all game.  There is no way the Bills O played 100% clean ball all game just to hold on the last drive.  Clearly a decision was made by the ref on that to insert his fat ass into the outcome of the game.  Then, some other fat ass ref decided NOT to affect the outcome on the non- DPI.  What a day.

yeah, I didn’t love that: if you aren’t calling holds all day, then don’t start there on the last drive. 

on the non-DPI, a different crew calls that. These guys let both teams’ DBs hand fight and jostle all day. So at least it was consistent. More frustrated that Gabe didn’t catch it.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Probably lost a shot at home field today. This team has looked horrible for the last 6 quarters. Season might be in serious jeopardy. Idk what Allen is doing but we are done if this is what it’s going to be. Such a horrible loss. The entire day was embarrassing and McDermott was ***** putrid 

not really - still hold tiebreaker over other 3 division leaders.  Chiefs lost to INDY earlier this year, good teams lose to bad teams soemtimes

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

There are things to clean up.

Dorsey as an OC is going to have to step up, and find the right way to reign in the sloppy turnovers.

I thought I would see more 12 personnel with the extra TE because the Jets have given up a lot to TEs plus you have an extra blocker.

Our D is getting gashed by outside runs and Frazier needs to figure that out, but the injuries are not helping.

This game exposed issues that have been going on for a while this year.

Hopefully Allen will be alright. The Jets brought a lot of pressure against the pass, and I do not think the game plan helped Allen enough.

Jets were playing the pass and daring us to run.  We couldn't run consistently.  When they were open, Josh was missing wide open receivers, which he normally doesn't. Two more bad INTs.  That was the difference today on the offensive side of the ball.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Elite’s make the play. He’s average at best. He’s way too inconsistent.

Okay, so throw it to someone else. We have 4 other guys who are solid in the pass game and Josh is ignoring them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Well, when you get sacked 5 times and your O -line can’t protect, most QBs will struggle. To your point, he looked bad 2nd half last week and should have 3 picks this week. The question is what can we expect against the Vikes and can we slow down a pas rush with any running game.

They run the ball fine most games. It has nothing to do with that.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

For the last year or so, I’ve been saying that the Dolphins and Jets are improving and could pose a threat to the Bills, and every time, I get laughed at. Both teams have added a ton of talented players through smart trades and solid drafting…we’ve got 17, but that’s not enough…and our drafting has been average.  It will be a tough battle to win the division.

No one laughed at that…what people laugh at is when a team gets within a game or so of our division lead no matter how early in the season it is people will say ‘the bills will not win the division they suck fire everyone’.  

the same posters (not saying this applies to you but it’s related to my original point) claim we’re going to lose every week and of course they’re gonna be right at some point lol

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We don’t get the number 1 sees in the playoffs and we aren’t going to the super bowl. That’s all I’m saying. And today probably cost us a real shot at it. Also, other teams are going to copy what the Jets did today. This offense is in trouble unless they get something turned around immediately. And this defense still can’t stop the run. Not having Milano sucks and I think we are better off playing Dodson. Edmunds had a chance to really step up today. This defense was pushed around from start to finish.

I get what you're saying and I echo your concerns about the defense.

As for the postseason, I'm a baseball fan and my favorite team and their 101 wins got knocked out by a hot wildcard team that ran all the way to the World Series.  We'll just have to see how it plays out.  Injuries have without a doubt already affected several teams this year, including our Bills.

As for copying other teams plans, you have to have the personnel... but our defense has looked overmatched at times, getting bled out on runs, screens, and quick hitters.  We are dangerously thin on that side of the ball.

Another strong test coming up next week... we'll see how they respond.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bean refuses to make a big trade to get us over the top.   LA did it.  We have CMC this is a totally different offense.  But nice work getting another James Cook and crappy safety. 

Yeah wish we had some guy like Von Miller

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

or, we need other players. Bean sucks at offensive drafting other than Allen. 

Beane is overrated when it comes to the draft.  He hit on Allen. That’s about it. All of his other high picks have been at best average to duds.  

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

NOT a good trend.  Hoping they can do some soul searching, self-scouting, get an exorcist, etc. and get this sh*& sorted and in a hurry.

Would have thought that's what the bye was for...or maybe they were too busy reading their own press clippings. Coaches included.

1 minute ago, MPT said:

He has a ton of weapons. He has been forcing throws to Diggs who is double covered and Davis who isn't open. Knox, Singletary, Cook, and Kumerow can all make plays but he's holding onto the ball or forcing bad passes instead of throwing to them.

I love Singletary but even I know he's not a three down RB. 

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Allen goes on these awful tears.
and then tries to make up for it by running so well

I do not know what he sees sometimes when he releases the ball. Been watching the same behavior since he came on as a Bill.
 stop playing favorites Josh and see the open guy

He seems to be overly reliant on Diggs. Last drive/injury aside, better QB play likely wins this game for Buffalo. 

Those INTs we’re head scratchers. Khalil was  open, why even think about that Diggs throw. 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every single thing about this team comes undone if Allen is going to be this. The entire thing has been because of his growth. He looked like he had no confidence today after the 2nd pick. This could be a make or break time here. If this guy loses what he had..things are going to get very different around here.

I like how we lose a game by 3, our second loss of the season, we still hold the number one seed and we get takes like I GUESS ALLEN ISNT GOOD ANYMORE OH WELL SAME OLD BILLS 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Josh looked rattled. 

He did. If you get Allen off his spot more than a few times he starts to crumble. That go route to Diggs on the 2nd to last drive he has hit in his sleep this year. When Allen isn't confident in what he's seeing it gets really bad. Not time to be overly concerned yet. If this continues next week I will hit the panic button.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You’re right he needs to be benched time to start to Keenum era 

Since the fourth quarter against the Packers, Keenum wouldn't have been much worse in the passing game. Yes, we would have missed the bombs but maybe he wouldn't have thrown straight to defensive players.

Of course I'm not advocating benching him but he's been painful for five quarters now.

Edited by UKBillFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.