NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Anyone want to talk about the silent refs until the final drive?

I do. 

Terrible. How many holds happened all game long that weren’t called? And then on the final play, Gardner is all over Diggs, doesn’t have his head turned, and is clearly holding his arms. I know they’re both going for it, but the rule has ALWAYS been the defender has to turn his head. 

I know that one play doesn’t make the game, and I know that it shouldn’t come down to this. But, good teams get those calls. Favored teams get those calls. Mahomes would get it. Brady would get it. Tyrik Hill or OBJ would get that call. 

I don’t like it. 

Refs are on Jets payroll. Bad call. Clear pass interference but Davis still should have caught the ball. 

Guys,

I know we are pissed off right now, and you all have the right to be, and also have the right to vent....but let me just say this....

Yes, we lost today.  IMO, we lost the battle on both lines of scrimmage. Allen looked pretty bad yet again, AND threw an uncharacteristic red zone int for the second week in a row. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but make no mistake, this is STILL an elite football team.  Hell no we didn't play like one today, but facts are facts.  We are 6-2.  Both losses, although yes they were division losses, were away games.  Both the Jets and the Dolphins have to return to Orchard Park.  As someone pointed out, we played our worst game of the season, by far, and the Jets played a darn near PERFECT game, freakin flawless football, to come away with a 3 point victory.  Both of our losses have been by a combined total of 5 measly points.  

I have faith that this loss will light a fire underneath this whole team, players and coaches included, and they WILL rebound from this.  Noone today, and I mean noone, is above criticism.  

I'm never happy about a loss, but maybe, just maybe they needed this to happen.  Better it happen now than towards the end of the regular season.  I fully expect to see a completely different team next Sunday when we face the Vikings.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Process said:

Allen is an absolute train wreck right now. We haven't see him look this bad in years. Consistently missing wide open receivers. Throwing balls straights into defender's chests. Playing like a mobile Nathan Peterman. 

He's in a really bad funk. I'm confident he'll get back to being dominant in the playoffs...but I want it to be in Buffalo and not KC. Need him to snap out of it. 

Add in several more injuries on defense. Ugh what a disaster this game was.

You're getting some eye rolls but you're correct. I love Allen but man he is struggling at the moment. 

The offense as a whole looks bogged down. I wondered if Davis was even playing as he has disappeared. 

The bright spot for me on an otherwise awful day was Cook showing big improvement and actually fighting for yards as well as showing speed. We have to establish the run so when games are going like this we can go to the ground and establish a rhythm and give the D a rest. Without Allen's legs we get shut out of this game

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

I'm not going to comment too much on today's game because I'm so pissed, but the Bills' fanbase is anything other than spoiled. It has had to endure so much for so long. Expecting to beat a Jets team that was crushed last week by the Pats does not mean the fanbase is spoiled.

no worries Ill clarify my statement. I think we fanbase are spoiled in as far as expecting the team will be dominant each and every game. Im calling out myself too.  It requires humility to realize we can be beaten. #17 is not super human and that this team can win every game this season regardless of who is healthy and who is not. . Expectations being so high and with a couple of losses it's like for some all the air is let out of the balloon .  Im not buying it..

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

He was missing guys he usually hits all day long and both INTs I’m pretty sure if the WR or TE ran a different route than he thought because they were too bad for it to be any other reason. I believe it’s just an off day and he’ll get back on track next week. 

Allen had an “off day” vs Packers in 2nd half.   Today was inexcusable and he plays like this 1st half vs. Vikings I would yank him.  Not because Keenum is better, but because watching a half or whatever from sidelines sometimes helps.  

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I find it strange that nobody realizes how important Cole Beasley was to moving the chains. 

I am not a big Cole Beasley fan but the Bills failed to replace him.

I think they felt others would step into his shoes, but that really hasn't materialized.

Davis has been off/disappointing most of the year and McKenzie sucks.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

and both have to play in Buffalo in December 

Miami has a couple more easy games coming up, but then they have a 3 game stretch on the road against SF, LAC, and Buffalo. They could very well lose all 3 of those games.

I predict they finish 10-7.

Edited by Amaru523
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You are assuming, I guess, that his current 6 quarter stretch of suck will go away at some point.

We’ve faced two of the best secondaries in the NFL.

What I’m noticing is Gabe Davis is not a true WR 1. Can’t get separation.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

If it doesn’t you’ll be picking in the top 10 since this team simply isn’t good enough without him being Superman 

He didn't need to be superman today to win. It was the basics that let him down; plays that you would expect rookies to make.

Can we ask to NEVER have a week seven bye again?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

He was missing guys he usually hits all day long and both INTs I’m pretty sure if the WR or TE ran a different route than he thought because they were too bad for it to be any other reason. I believe it’s just an off day and he’ll get back on track next week. 

The first INT he admitted in his post game presser he did not see the DB behind the rusher in his line of vision. The 2nd INT he called a "brain fart" which is vague enough to leave room for interpretation. He should have had a 3rd INT on a ball that he forced to Diggs when Shakir was wide open for a 1st. Overall Allen just never looked comfortable after the first INT. He needs to get his mind right this week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

It's called a defensive scheme designed to stop the pass is being used as our base D now and Frazier keeps thinking we can stop the run with it.

Frazier needs to go.  He is a huge problem. Going pass defend against a team that can’t pass and runs. 2 weeks in a row. now. At least it made some sense vs.  Rodgers, but not much.  No 1. D. hahah

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Allen had an “off day” vs Packers in 2nd half.   Today was inexcusable and he plays like this 1st half vs. Vikings I would yank him.  Not because Keenum is better, but because watching a half or whatever from sidelines sometimes helps.  

Oh my christ dude you don’t pull your superstar QB because of a rut. End of discussion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Wow fans are imploding themselves. Jeez. How about we are down too many good players on defense, and when you rely on one player on offense, he’s going to have a bad game or two. Need to get healthy. We’re fine. 

How about our WRs suck besides DIggs. You think it’s getting easier? Another 2 catches for Davis on the year, gives him 18. Mr. ***** Reliable. As good as Josh is he needs more help then Diggs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.