NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Well crap.  

Hopefully this loss wakes them the eff up.  Maybe it can be like last year after the Arizona game where they go on a tear and put together another solid win streak. 

Better to have this kind of loss happen now then towards the end of the regular season...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Not good. Far too much sloppy play, on all aspects, O, D and STs.

While the Jest have a decent defense, there's no way they should have been allowed to run the football as well and often as they did. Adjustments came too late, with more guys in the box, so poor coaching was also an issue.

Somewhere along the way, someone is believing in there own press (I'm looking at the whole team there), and it needs to stop right now.

Roll on next week, when the ship can be righted.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seoulofstone said:

I feel like the Bills lost their collective minds in that game. Just so many mistakes. Press conferences should be spicy. Why does Bass always miss FGs in the games the Bills lose?

Probably because if he made them, we would have won?  Probably a pretty strong correlation there lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mopreme said:

Davis is a bum. Should have caught it. He needs to be replaced. 

Davis has proven to be a great #3 option. But he might not be a great #2. Especially when our passing game to the TE's is also nonexistent. Davis has always been at his best when he is the third option. Beasely was able to take pressure off him before. Would be nice if Knox could develop into that guy but so far he hasn't.

Josh really cost us, receivers some bad drops.

JA first drive; the INT toss and pitch ...simply put his worst INT ever...it was in slow motion and easy to see. Makes me question reality. 

The play calling was poor. We don't have the top dogs in D....adjust accordingly...slug it out. 

Overly aggressive play calling really cost us. 

Just look at that last drive! WTH! 

That last possession : Winnable, achievable goal...Drive the damn field....drive...working on cutting yardage and mitigating risk...drive the damn field. 

The final play should have been both caught and PI....still no excuses....

Edited by RichRiderBills

Just now, jcamm1966 said:

KC has home field now

Not worried about home field, Super Bowls, or any of that.  Got to win a week at a time.  Bills need to get healthy (or start having open tryouts) and figure out how to counter these heavy/run offenses.

Offense will be fine... I hope Allen's elbow is okay.  That's my biggest concern at the moment.

Just now, jkeerie said:

They didn't take them lightly.  Josh had a bad game and we are missing too many starters on defense.

I don’t know if they took the Jets lightly or if the Bills just had a flat game. Two turnovers that were completely sloppy just killed this game for the Bills.

• Agree 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

This can really be the worst sport sometimes. Bills make you want to shout…with rage…sometimes. 

as a fanbase we are spoiled. Bottom line. Today was not a good day in the office for the fact our QB had a bad game and our defense is down starters severely. The backups didnt get the job done.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Considering he was 85% of our offense am sure he still in the discussion.

Rushing for 2 TDs means nothing when you can't hit wide open receivers and lock onto one doubled receiver two games in a row.

Pathetic from beginning to end. Can we please stop this super bowl talk nonsense?

they showed zero heart today, zero grit, zero fight. Josh played his worst game of the season (and coming on the heels of last week’s worst game of the season, that’s a huge concern). Gabe Davis has completely disappeared, total non factor. We are 1 game away of seeing Diggs true colors come out. 

Yes this is totally an overreaction to a terrible loss…but this loss was very exposing. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, BeastMaster said:

Don't dare question the coaches here

They are vehemently defended and shouldn't be questioned because we are now a good team. 

Yep.

I’ve said 3 years now McClappy has to go.

I begged to promote Daboll in the offseason and not to let him leave the building.

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buddo said:

Not good. Far too much sloppy play, on all aspects, O, D and STs.

While the Jest have a decent defense, there's no way they should have been allowed to run the football as well and often as they did. Adjustments came too late, with more guys in the box, so poor coaching was also an issue.

Somewhere along the way, someone is believing in there own press (I'm looking at the whole team there), and it needs to stop right now.

Roll on next week, when the ship can be righted.

far too much sloppy play everywhere.  McD hallmark. 

Allen was hot dog poop, something is on his head, he was not prepared or focussed at all today.  Awful.

We have no weapons outside of diggs.  Davis is a JAG, Knox is an expensive jag, and our rb position stinks.

Aaaasnd injuries on d and the run d is back to worst.

Every mcd team has a mod season just total turd.

What a complete pile of steaming S*** today.  Josh looked worse then Zach Wilson today.  He needs to get his head back into it.  Way too many bad int's in this game.

No coaching adjustments at halftime again.  This game is a epic fail.............

Edited by Toyo321

Just now, appoo said:

They were but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be annoyed at the officiating the last drive.

Dawkins had better have murdered someone to get that holding call

On the Josh incomplete a play or two later we committed an obvious holding that went uncalled. 

My thought is, if you suck like we sucked today, you lose your right to say “well that one holding call was trash”

We allowed 94 yards rushing on the final drive. Allen was outright bad today…but that holding call though? Hard pass on that conversation. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Johnson is killing us with his terrible outside run angles...should have made a play for like a 2 yard gain twice and instead they go for long runs due to him trying to make a tackle for a 1 yard loss when he wasn't in position to.

Yep. Again and again. It's really bad. Even late in the game he was hesitant coming up against Wilson and allowed Wilson to gain about 5 yards when it should have been 2 out the most.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.