NFL streaming service in the works

Steptide

28 minutes ago, muppy said:

that is where I'm at and will be paying attention for any new developments

38 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Can I finally dump direct tv?

depends on the cost for the stream. 

$15 per game is the average for Ticket if you don’t get all the bells and whistles. 

The problem was  when I got to see 4 prime time games and 2 “in region” games I’m paying for crap I did not have to. 

That can take it down to 10 games to pay to see.  

• Agree 1

I'll bet you'll have a buy a season package for your team, and individual games won't be offered. Or maybe you can get a single game, but it'll be really expensive, to drive full subscription sales. Either way, it won't be cheap.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I'll bet you'll have a buy a season package for your team, and individual games won't be offered. Or maybe you can get a single game, but it'll be really expensive, to drive full subscription sales. Either way, it won't be cheap.

You could be right, we won’t know until pricing comes out.

That said, game pass is only $99 for the year. So, maybe it won’t be too expensive.

4 minutes ago, 947 said:

Many, along with myself have been begging for a team only subscription. But I highly doubt they would do that. Way too much money they can gouge out of die hard fans.

35 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Couldn't come up with a better name?

NFL Drive

NFL Streamroll

Etc

Nope.  NFL+

Easier to remember and search for. 

"NFL maximum overdrive" tends to make people not want to search and pay for it. 

People are lazy. 

19 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Many, along with myself have been begging for a team only subscription. But I highly doubt they would do that. Way too much money they can gouge out of die hard fans.

I'd have four subscription levels

1) Your team

2) Your teams division

3) Your teams conference

4) All games 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Living in Oregon I would GLADLY pay a large sum to watch every Bills game.

• Agree 2

Superbox S3 Pro Dual Band Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz 5Ghz Supports 6K Video https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LSKQF8C/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_NWZVHEE6GCC8DXTFM0GA.

I got this box right before the NFL season.  I live in Phoenix and I got every Bill's game and Sabres games, great game tonight by the way. Requires only internet 1000's of channels and no extra fees

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am so lucky. In Canada, we have a service called DAZN (Da Zone). I pay about $20 a month for it during the season and get all the games including the ability to watch games that I missed just like they were on a PVR system.

Well, la tee f*cking da!!!  What's next?  You gonna tell us you have socialized healthcare or something?!?!?

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Gimme just my Bills on every device with the ability to record. #Heaven

On a (rare) serious note ... there's no way that this can't happen.  Totally a la carte cable options without having to figure out 20 different streaming services.

Why can't I call Time Warner Cable and tell them I want my local major network affiliates, SNY, ESPN, every !@#$ing food channel out there, and the NFL Network for xxxx amount of dollars?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Superbox S3 Pro Dual Band Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz 5Ghz Supports 6K Video https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LSKQF8C/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_NWZVHEE6GCC8DXTFM0GA.

I got this box right before the NFL season.  I live in Phoenix and I got every Bill's game and Sabres games, great game tonight by the way. Requires only internet 1000's of channels and no extra fees

Whaaaat?!? How have I never heard of this?! Is this a loop hole that will be plugged up at any minute? Obv amazing picture! Do you have to change regions or anything to switch markets or can you switch between games seamlessly?

Thank you for likely spending $300 of my dollars 😆

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Whaaaat?!? How have I never heard of this?! Is this a loop hole that will be plugged up at any minute? Obv amazing picture! Do you have to change regions or anything to switch markets or can you switch between games seamlessly?

It's not a loophole per se, it's just an unlicensed IPTV service pre-loaded on the box - not too different than the "cable boxes" you'd get from that friend of a friend years ago that gave you all the movie channels. You can buy the services standalone and access them from any device you want, but when they move to another location or the owners go to jail, you're SOL. That's why you only ever want to buy it cheap and by the month. They're going to get caught eventually and you'll be left with a cheap android box.

Buying an nvidia shield and buying a standalone IPTV service is a far superior option.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Couldn't come up with a better name?

NFL Drive

NFL Streamroll

Etc

Nope.  NFL+

NFL Milk Money would be most appropriate.

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Will this be similar to or replace NFL GamePass?

Hope not with all the reported issues.  They are almost as bad as Zebras with errors.

5 hours ago, 947 said:

Will you be able to bet on that since NFL loves gambling so much now?

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Easier to remember and search for. 

"NFL maximum overdrive" tends to make people not want to search and pay for it. 

People are lazy. 

Actually the "+" is used for something else or ignored in many search engines.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Well, la tee f*cking da!!!  What's next?  You gonna tell us you have socialized healthcare or something?!?!?

More importantly they have beer with higher alcohol content.  I used to drive regularly over border for 2 cases each of Molson XXX (mother loved that) and Molson Brador.

Something like this would be awesome if it was simple and just gave you access to all the games.

However after reading that article it seems unlikely as the rights to broadcasts are spread out all over the place.

One price for one service that carried 100% of the game regardless of your market is the dream for me but for some reason the NFL has made that impossible.

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It takes a few seconds to switch back and forth between games. But if you're worried about missing and action just watch redzone. Last night the NHL Channel that the Sabres were on was down for maintenance, so I just searched Chicago TV and found the game

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

International Gamepass is already this for those of us overseas.

I’m done with DirecTV; pulled the plug after last season.  I need to find a way to get an “international” address and subscribe to this plan.  What do they verify?  If it’s just an IP address I can figure that one out.

55 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m done with DirecTV; pulled the plug after last season.  I need to find a way to get an “international” address and subscribe to this plan.  What do they verify?  If it’s just an IP address I can figure that one out.

Beyond my technical knowledge I think.... but that would be my guess. 

9 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am so lucky. In Canada, we have a service called DAZN (Da Zone). I pay about $20 a month for it during the season and get all the games including the ability to watch games that I missed just like they were on a PVR system.

That is all I needed to hear- I am moving to Canada!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

More importantly they have beer with higher alcohol content.  I used to drive regularly over border for 2 cases each of Molson XXX (mother loved that) and Molson Brador.

Ah, memories....🌝

9 hours ago, UConn James said:

Hope it’s available for a single team’s games… and that it’s not exorbitant 💸.

MLB.tv for a single team is $90 for a season according to the Google. That’s for 162 games.

NFL is 20 games, including preseason. $50 would be my limit.

espn+ is a good economic streaming choice for MLB games, 70 per year plus you get a lot of NHL games with the new NHL contract, a good option if you live outside of WNY for Sabres and or your MLB team....tmobile gives you the MLB package as a subsriber as well...

10 hours ago, UConn James said:

Hope it’s available for a single team’s games… and that it’s not exorbitant 💸.

MLB.tv for a single team is $90 for a season according to the Google. That’s for 162 games.

NFL is 20 games, including preseason. $50 would be my limit.

I think you are going to be very disappointed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.