JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

He is very good at catching the ball, not just in the screen game but also down the field with wheel routes and angle routes. 

He’s a pretty explosive guy, will probably play the role that most envisioned Cordarelle Patterson would have played if he came here. Another speed guy on offense to cause mismatches underneath. Another good under the market signing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Excellent pass catching back! Didn't spend too much either! I love it.

3.5M AAV for a 3rd down back who is 29 when the season starts.  

"And there was much rejoicing..."

Fantasy football has ruined how people assess value wrt RB's.  

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, junior said:

125 receptions the last 3 years. He adds an entirely different element to this offense that we don't currently have on the roster.

Actually, 157 receptions over the last 3 seasons. 123 receptions the last 2. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I’ve been begging for a RB like this for so many years now. I don’t know what to do with myself now. 

Yeah I really like McKissic.    He does everything quick.    Picks up yardage quick running and catches the ball and transitions into a runner very quick.........that's how you end up with nice averages per play.    He's not explosive so not going to be a bunch of big plays or anything............but he really fits the style of offense that they were playing late last season where they were always in 3rd and 4 or less because he picks up yardage consistently.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

He’s a solid all around back.  5’10 194 might scream 3rd down back, but he’s good in pass pro.  He’s got nice burst and isn’t just a pass catcher, he can tote the rock.  It’s more than I thought we’d pay for a FA rb, but he’s a nice asset imo.  A great safety valve that knows how to get the 1st down. 

This is a solid pick-up, and it's one less thing we have to address in the draft now.

This is an excellent offseason so far - I wasn't expecting this much activity from the Bills, and they're really filling needs with good players.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get why folks are excited, and he seems to be an upgrade over Breida. But how much of those big receiving numbers comes from WFT sucking, and them checking it down a lot?

You could look at it that way.....you could also look at that fact that he is a excellent passing back to add to our already insane passing offense

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You have to wait for full contract details. People never learn.

Plus he's not fantasy, he's a good 3rd down RB. One of the best.

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He is very good at catching the ball, not just in the screen game but also down the field with wheel routes and angle routes. 

He’s a pretty explosive guy, will probably play the role that most envisioned Cordarelle Patterson would have played if he came here. Another speed guy on offense to cause mismatches underneath. Another good under the market signing. 

Is he that fast? All I can find is a 4.58 40 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

He has looked excellent the last two years, and we need a RB who can catch the ball and make things happen. McKissic had some clutch plays for Washington this past season too.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You could look at it that way.....you could also look at that fact that he is a excellent passing back to add to our already insane passing offense

I can see it as a make the defense cover every inch of grass kind of move.

• Agree 2