Get Christian McCaffery to be our #1... slot WR...???

transplantbillsfan

CMC for our 1st straight up would be a horrible deal for us. They would need to sweeten the deal quite a bit to make it worth our while to take on his salary. 

Only way I’d even think about including our 1st for CMC is if they could include a 2nd round pick as well but they don’t have one this year. 

I can’t see giving more than a 4th rounder for him. 

4 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Last year was JJ Watt. This year its this guy. I dont want a over paid injury prone running back. Pass

This is not at all like the JJ Watt signing. JJ didn’t cost a first round pick. 

He was a one year boost to a position of need. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

29 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The injury is the big question mark. The RB you draft or sign is not going to have the impact a healthy McCaffrey will 

You’d rather have another Greg Rosseau?

I dislike the injury issue. I HATE the cost both in terms of any draft pick, and especially the salary cap hit. 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I said no, but if KC traded a 1st round pick for him who here wouldn't be terrified?

Anyone who understands that he's a RB who has been lousy the past 2 seasons and will consume 8 digits of salary cap space every year while also costing them a potential inexpensive franchise building block(after they already squandered a #1 on a RB in 2020)?

It would be insanely stupid.............would love to see the Chiefs do it............only downside is that it would make it easier for the Chargers to make their move when it blows up in KC's face.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

There was some interesting chatter today about a proposed trade on the NFL Network.

I kind of like this deal but other Bills fans were 100% opposed given his contract and injury history.  

As long as he could stay healthy, I think he would bring a new dimension to the offense that Josh has never had.  

Still I know Beane really values 1st round draft picks.  I can’t see him trading #25 this year.  

No,  I would prefer sending 4th rounder for Barkley. Less of draft capital risk and about the same type of reward

• Sad 1

There was some interesting chatter today about a proposed trade on the NFL Network.

I kind of like this deal but other Bills fans were 100% opposed given his contract and injury history.  

As long as he could stay healthy, I think he would bring a new dimension to the offense that Josh has never had.  

Still I know Beane really values 1st round draft picks.  I can’t see him trading #25 this year.  

I wouldn’t due to his cost and injury history, but I would give up more for him than Barkley.  He is a much better player and much more useful to any offense.

With his salary - I would not give up picks, but I would sign him to a deal if possible.

The injury is the big question mark. The RB you draft or sign is not going to have the impact a healthy McCaffrey will 

You’d rather have another Greg Rosseau?

At a rookie salary - Yes I would rather have a cost controlled Rookie give me over 1/2 the snaps than pay a 1st and 17 million for CMC.

That is an easy question.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I would want McCaffery, but no way in heck do you trade a 1st for him.

Now that Beasley has actually been given permission to seek a trade, one of the dominos of the OP appears to be falling.  But no... we keep our 1st and 2nd at the very least.  You only start considering making this trade when you're giving up a 3rd or likely a 4th round pick along with Beas

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

This 1000% would have to be a conditional 2023 pick based on percentage of snaps.  He also would have to be willing to rework his contract or Carolina would have to absorb a good chunk for this to work out.  

Could see the Bills giving like a 2022 3rd rounder and possibly a 2023 3rd rounder depending on certain number of snaps and if Bills win SB, then becomes a 2nd rounder.  Something like that could work, but also Carolina needs to eat some of the salary too.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Why did anyone think this was a good idea?

Plenty of people who aren't smart in the world. 

Happens to be the guy who puts puke emojis on everyone's posts when a covid topic comes up.

Edited by TBBills
  • Vomit 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:09 PM, machine gun kelly said:

At this point, too injured, too much $, and reliability moving forward is not high in confidence.  They ran him into the ground.  Just like TN will eventually do to King Henry (I’d say two years from now).  Just like Seattle did to S. Alexander.

Well, McC isn't a pure RB like those 2.  He's had a single season with over 250 carries.  Alexander had 6 in a row (4 of them over 300) and 7 very productive seasons.  Henry had 2 of his last 3 seasons over 300 (if not injured this past year he may have reached 400 carries). 

McC is a dwarf compared to those guys.   He hasn't had to opportunity to be run into the ground yet---and he's already a wreck.

Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey isn't on the trading block, but the team has fielded more than one call for the former All-Pro back who's dealt with several injuries since signing his record-breaking extension in 2020, multiple league sources told me during and after the NFL scouting combine.

If a team wishes to add McCaffrey, I'm told the Panthers would be looking for a first-round pick plus another piece of compensation in order to ship one of the most versatile offensive weapons in the NFL today.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.