Who are you rooting for today?

Scott7975

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

If we are going to lose, I would prefer it to be to the eventual champion.

I know that this rationale is popular but once we’re out I don’t give a rip who beat us. Just like the fact that Jacksonville beat us (& whipped a colts team that whipped us) doesn’t make them the better team, losing to the SB winner doesn’t make our loss better.

I want an LA KC insanely dramatic super bowl with all sorts of craziness, twists and turns, with an insane finish that I can just watch with no drama and enjoy!

With no Brady it's just fun... Lots of good food, enjoy the spectacle of it all and hope for a great game.

Any of the remaining 4 teams is about I same for me but I want the most entertaining Super Bowl

Edited by TheFunPolice

Ive thought about this a while more since posting.  At the end of the day I dont really care who wins because its not the Bills.  I just want to see good football games similar to how our game was with the Chiefs instead of games like some of the crappy other games the past two weeks 

2 hours ago, Sandhill Mike said:

You guys that are wishing the Chiefs well are better humans than I am.  I get the whole losing to the eventual champs argument, but I'm way too petty for that.

I want to see them crushed, driven before their enemies, and hear the lamentations of the women.

I'm not angry at them like I was last year after all of that holding they got away with. We had the win in our hands and we let it slip away. 

I kind of want KC to win it all, so that all of the pronouncements that last week really was the SB are correct.  I like to think that the Bills are as good as the best team.

But that would kind of hurt, also - knowing that we were so close. In a way, if Cincy wins today, or the Rams win the SB running away - it will make me feel a bit better about losing such a close game.

Are there games today? 

Just now, Success said:

I kind of want KC to win it all, so that all of the pronouncements that last week really was the SB are correct.  I like to think that the Bills are as good as the best team.

But that would kind of hurt, also - knowing that we were so close. In a way, if Cincy wins today, or the Rams win the SB running away - it will make me feel a bit better about losing such a close game.

there is nothing that could ever make me feel a bit better about that game

• Like (+1) 1

If the Chiefs destroy the Bungles, the positive there is that we, and the National media and everyone else will know that we’re absolutely the (second) best team in the AFC (and therefore league). But the negative is clearly that if Edmunds was even marginally serviceable, we would be the ones handing Burrow and crew this loss as we coast our way to SB glory.  

The only real negative to the Bungles winning is that last weeks game becomes slightly less meaningful. The positive is that it leaves a more livable “who knows what would have happened this week; Cincy is for real” feeling. 

Therefore, I’ll be rooting for the Bengals while the game is still close, then with 9 minutes left in the first quarter, with KC up by 17, I’ll probably just enjoy Mahomes talent and circus throws. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

If the Chiefs destroy the Bungles, the positive there is that we, and the National media and everyone else will know that we’re absolutely the (second) best team in the AFC (and therefore league). But the negative is clearly that if Edmunds was even marginally serviceable, we would be the ones handing Burrow and crew this loss as we coast our way to SB glory.  

The only real negative to the Bungles winning is that last weeks game becomes slightly less meaningful. The positive is that it leaves a more livable “who knows what would have happened this week; Cincy is for real” feeling. 

Therefore, I’ll be rooting for the Bengals while the game is still close, then with 9 minutes left in the first quarter, with KC up by 17, I’ll probably just enjoy Mahomes talent and circus throws. 

who cares what the national media or anyone else thinks? what most people think and know is we blew the game with 13 seconds left. That's all that matters

The CBS Helicopter should be flying overhead of Highmark Stadium this afternoon, not the Chiefs place. Bills Mafia should have been front and center. We should have been partying since this morning. I should be freezing my arse off right now and loving it. A bunch of clueless, deer in the headlights, gutless calls from Bills coaching staff have cost us our day hosting the AFC Championship game!! Who knows if we ever get the chance that the Bills inept coaching staff has cost us again. I'm switching over to Law and Order reruns. I'm too pissed to watch.     

I’m kind of indifferent. It really doesn’t matter. All I can really think about is how the bills should be hosting this game right now.

If I had to pick I’d probably say the bengals.

On one hand, if KC wins, it would be nice to say at least the Bills got beat by the best team, and if KC wins the Super bowl we can say the bills are neck & neck with the SB champs (and basically more/less the 2nd best team in the NFL). On the other hand, it would be nice to see the bengals win because then you’d feel like the bills getting to the super bowl wouldn’t have been such a lock after all. Plus I’m not really a KC fan. They’re quickly becoming the new Patriots for me. Plus I don’t want them going to 4 Super Bowls in a row but I kind of feel like it’s the Bills job next season/playoffs to make sure that doesn’t happen.

I'm rooting for Ian Rappaport bringing to light a stunning development...the Chiefs football programme being caught by the NFL's Covert Operations Team (COT) engaging in the widespread use of performance enhancing drugs. The Chiefs are sensationally ejected from taking further part in the 2021/22 NFL season, resulting in a default AFC Championship berth for the Bills, with the game to be played in Orchard Park on Wednesday night.

It's a long shot, but what the heck! 

1 hour ago, Success said:

so we lost another Superbowl?

It'll be Rams-KC.

Honestly don't see how Rams win it. Yes they'll be home. Yes they got Donald etc.

But It'll come down to the QB's. And I take Mahomes 8 days a week over Stafford.

I don't think the Rams D is enough to offset the difference in QB play. Similar to the 49ers D not being able to overcome such a difference two years ago.

2 hours ago, Success said:

I don't care if the Chiefs win the SB or get blown out in the SB.

Nothing makes up for last week.

I can't imagine Bills fans feel less pain about the MCM because Tennessee ultimately lost the SB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.