1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I need a little Bills fantasy advice. Looks like I may need to find a WR in a pinch as Antonio Brown may be out Sunday.

I snagged McKenzie off waivers and have made a claim for Gabe Davis.  Which one of these guys would you consider starting? I know Cole is back, but McKenzie had such a breakout game last week that i wonder if he will get a ton of looks again. 

First off, start Antonio Brown if he plays.  If he can't I'd go with Davis regardless if Sanders plays (probably won't given he was a DNP in the last two practices).  If he does play I still expect Davis to get the majority of snaps opposite Diggs.  Falcons are thin at CB and I expect Terrell to shadow Diggs opening up opportunities for Davis.  He also has more upside when it comes to endzone targets.  McKenzie was great last week but I'm more unsure of how they split the time between him and Beasley.  Plus, the sample size with McKenzie is small.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I need a little Bills fantasy advice. Looks like I may need to find a WR in a pinch as Antonio Brown may be out Sunday.

I snagged McKenzie off waivers and have made a claim for Gabe Davis.  Which one of these guys would you consider starting? I know Cole is back, but McKenzie had such a breakout game last week that i wonder if he will get a ton of looks again. 

Deep sleepers

Perriman (If Evans is out to - no doubter)

Berrios (No Moore or Crowder)

Lazard 

Wesley - Arizona

And if Van Jefferson or Mooney (unlikely) are available 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would suggets Davis, as it looks like Sanders is not going to play. Davis should start as WR#2.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

How as a head coach does he not know this?

My interpretation is that Coach isn’t particularly concerned with the “what or how” because he was planning on sitting Sanders and getting him rest until Covid hit the receiving position last week. Thinking Sanders might be inactive these last two weeks. I could be and probably am 100% wrong. I think Sanders could still play a role in helping the Bills in the playoffs. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

We definitely need to fire McD ;) 

Where are all those 7-9 seasons when we need one ;) 

Thank you to Mr. Beane and Coach for getting us back to being a relevant franchise :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sanders could still play a role in helping the Bills in the playoffs. 

He’s not young. I’d rest him for playoffs and then more experience for others now. During playoffs, you then get all. Between covid, injury, etc. There aren’t many players that fit but rest oldies when/where you have equal replacements (Hughes, Sanders)

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

He’s not young. I’d rest him for playoffs and then more experience for others now. During playoffs, you then get all. Between covid, injury, etc. There aren’t many players that fit but rest oldies when/where you have equal replacements (Hughes, Sanders)

Good point on Hughes. Made me think of Murphy in 2019 and the game he had against the Texans in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good point on Hughes. Made me think of Murphy in 2019 and the game he had against the Texans in the playoffs. 

Hughes turns it up in the playoffs.  The past 2 years, he has 6 sacks in 4 playoff games.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My advice would be Davis. I see McKenzie splitting snaps with Beasley but assuming they sit Sanders with the knee injury, Davis should get consistent snaps. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

B.c of the games the Bills have lost it is the playoffs right now.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I picked up both players this week, I'm starting Davis, not McKenzie. Thinking Sanders inactive and Davis gets some nice targets

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This game is starting make me nervous. It has that feel of overconfidence in the fans that I have heard/felt in a few other ‘no problem’ games.

The Steelers, the Titans (after beating KC), Jags, and even the Colts games come to mind.  I don’t know how that bleeds over to the team but I hope it doesn’t and that my intuition is way off this time

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

This game is starting make me nervous. It has that feel of overconfidence in the fans that I have heard/felt in a few other ‘no problem’ games.

The Steelers, the Titans (after beating KC), Jags, and even the Colts games come to mind.  I don’t know how that bleeds over to the team but I hope it doesn’t and that my intuition is way off this time

The new protocols make me feel much more confident The Bills won’t suffer any serious losses due to Covid. And I do believe the team is not going to suffer from any lack of attention in these final two games.  They have learned their lesson and have turned a corner. 

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Man I hope we find a way to clinch a playoff spot tomorrow. Just get it over with. In this time with Covid, you never know what a week will Look like. I want no risk with that Jet game. You never know who will be available.

Clinching a playoff spot would be great but highly likely, going into the game, we will need to beat the Jets. 

21 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I mean yes the Bills should win and everyone expects them to win, but obviously they still have to go out there and do it.

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Sorry bub. This is a playoff game. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

There are two weeks left in the season and we havent secured a playoff spot. The players know this. Id be more concerned if this was a week 5 game. Its balls to the wall from here on out. No one is being overlooked. 

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

My interpretation is that Coach isn’t particularly concerned with the “what or how” because he was planning on sitting Sanders and getting him rest until Covid hit the receiving position last week. Thinking Sanders might be inactive these last two weeks. I could be and probably am 100% wrong. I think Sanders could still play a role in helping the Bills in the playoffs. 

We shall see.  Im not as down on Sanders as others are here.  I know he dropped a couple passes but the dude is still a really good receiver.

4 hours ago, eball said:

Translation:  we like what we’re seeing out of Li’l Dirty and Gabe Davis so we’ll let Manny take a break.

Possibly not sure I buy that though.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I think the Bengals need to lose as well.  I think they can beat KC. 

Bills win + Ravens loss.

Bills win + Chargers loss + Raiders loss. 

These are just two of the scenarios to clinch a spot this week. 

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Clinching a playoff spot would be great but highly likely, going into the game, we will need to beat the Jets. 

For the division yes.  I think we clinch a WC spot tomorrow.  Bills beat Atlanta.  I think the Rams will beat the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I believe he was Leigh Steinberg’s first client. They went to CAL together. SB was not bad for few years 👍

In 1980 he threw 31 touchdowns. That’s a hell of a feat for that era of offensive football! He actually had 30+ TDs in 1980 AND 1981. Pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

In 1980 he threw 31 touchdowns. That’s a hell of a feat for that era of offensive football! He actually had 30+ TDs in 1980 AND 1981. Pretty good.

I liked Bartkowski. He was a good QB in his day. Other than him, my lasting impression of the 1970s Falcons was the Bills foolishly letting dynamic kick returner Wallace Francis get away to them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Steve Bartkowski was underrated.

There. I said it.

Mostly forgotten......because he didn't win anything and his prime was short........but not underrated in his time.

He was the #1 pick in the 1975 draft so always anticipated to be a stud QB..........and was considered a superstar QB in the early 80's............but RB's were equally as important back then and his RB William Andrews was arguably the best offensive player in the NFL from 1979-1983 so he wasn't even the best player on his team.

As was often the case back then.........by the time he was becoming a smart and more efficient QB his body was already failing from the beating he had taken.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.