1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

3 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I have one major concern over the next two weeks and it's Covid. We have seen it render some teams to be less than a shadow of themselves and to lose the division that way would be devastating. 

I shudder to think who on the Bills could be rendered useless with a positive COVIDs test. 😉 

I ain't gonna speak it... But you know that shoe is out there looming to drop!

• Like (+1) 1

Well all I have to say is there is little too fear from either of these two teams.

The Falcons score 18.5 points a game but allow 26.66 points per game although there road record is 5-3 vs a home record of 2-5.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills shut them out.

This Bills team should be revved up will take no prisoners.

The Jets are even worse with 18 ppg and 29.93 ppga with a road record of 1-6 

The Bills put 45 on them in the swamp and 50 plus could happen here. 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I shudder to think who on the Bills could be rendered useless with a positive COVIDs test. 😉 

I ain't gonna speak it... But you know that shoe is out there looming to drop!

What was Bellicheat  whispering in Josh's ear?

" I just gave you covid" ;) 

• Haha (+1) 4

Greedy wish here.

I would like Josh to throw for 4 tds to beat his mark of 37 passing touchdowns last year.  I believe he’ll do it, anyways, but I want him to do it in 16 games.

I also would like to see him get to 40 by the final whistle against the Jets.

My goodness has any QB not made the pro bowl in a season they threw for 40 tds?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Greedy wish here.

I would like Josh to throw for 4 tds to beat his mark of 37 passing touchdowns last year.  I believe he’ll do it, anyways, but I want him to do it in 16 games.

I also would like to see him get to 40 by the final whistle against the Jets.

My goodness has any QB not made the pro bowl in a season they threw for 40 tds?

Matt Stafford didn’t make the pro bowl the year he threw for over 5,000 yards and had 41 td’s 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Luck. They’re bottom 5 in the NFL in like everything. 

All of their wins are 1 score wins. 7-2 in 1 score games. They’re the anti-Bills in that regard. Statistically teams are .500 in 1 score games. If you outperform that in a given season, you’re generally playing above your capabilities and due for regression backs towards .500 in 1 score games in the following season. They’ll likely play closer to the 4-5 win team they should be on paper. 

I’m not saying it’s going to be a gimme… but their record isn’t an indication of their true performance. 

Yes, they are a bad team. I think it's not only luck, though; they do have a borderline HOF QB, and that makes a difference in close games. For instance, I'll take Ryan over, say, Tua, Goff, or Daniel Jones in a close game. Note that the Roethlisberger leads the league in comeback victories this year with 6. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Get after Ryan.  He is the Falcons only hope.  Their defense is average and can be exploited on both the ground and in the air.  McD will not let the team let down after such a big win.  First drives on both sides of the ball will give the fans a sense on how the game will play out.  

• Like (+1) 3

It does seem like the '21 Bills may be suffering from some regular season malaise, after getting to the AFC Championship Game last year.  

You can tell, when they are focused/hype for a game, they are completely different... KC, earlier this year, and NE this past Sunday.  

When your sole focus is on getting to the Super Bowl year in/year out, the regular season can become a grind.  Maybe I'm way off, but it just seems like this team has suffered from their first go around of the year following the high of making a run in the Playoffs and the Playoffs now being all that matters.  

Now that we have two games left in the regular season, and the Division Title, at least one home Playoff Game to lock down.. I think we'll see this continued dialed in play from them.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It does seem like the '21 Bills may be suffering from some regular season malaise, after getting to the AFC Championship Game last year.  

You can tell, when they are focused/hype for a game, they are completely different... KC, earlier this year, and NE this past Sunday.  

When your sole focus is on getting to the Super Bowl year in/year out, the regular season can become a grind.  Maybe I'm way off, but it just seems like this team has suffered from their first go around of the year following the high of making a run in the Playoffs and the Playoffs now being all that matters.  

Now that we have two games left in the regular season, and the Division Title, at least one home Playoff Game to lock down.. I think we'll see this continued dialed in play from them.  

I would add the TN game to your list.  At the time we didn't appreciate just how good the Titans were, especially when they had ALL of their offensive play makers on the field.  We came within a hair of winning that game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would add the TN game to your list.  At the time we didn't appreciate just how good the Titans were, especially when they had ALL of their offensive play makers on the field.  We came within a hair of winning that game.

True.. that was definitely a high level game from both teams. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.