1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

Just now, Warcodered said:

I'm sure that game 8 years ago will dictate this one.

Oh absolutely. The past is always predicative of the future... :)

The funny thing is, I had remembered Scott Chandler's fumble in OT happening "with the playoffs on the line." When I looked it up, a win would have made us 5-7 at that point. 

My oh my have things changed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The funny thing is, I had remembered Scott Chandler's fumble in OT happening "with the playoffs on the line." When I looked it up, a win would have made us 5-7 at that point. 

Stevie Johnson also had a critical drop in that Toronto game if I'm not mistaken.

Still remember hoping against hope as we mounted a comeback that Manuel could be the answer lol

• Like (+1) 3

Agree Bills are a bad matchup for the Falcons. We should have a big day. We have the advantage everywhere, and this is a great opportunity to work the OL and skill set group from last week some good reps.

Falcons are coming up here to die. They have not played one game in the cold or even chilly poor conditions. Pitts probably never played in cold.  Matty Ice looks like Matty Spray Tan these days. Can't see his group doing anything but shivering and dreaming of the off season.

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Matt Stafford didn’t make the pro bowl the year he threw for over 5,000 yards and had 41 td’s 

Given that Stafford played for the Lions at that time, we can safely assume that a hefty percentage of those yards and TDs happened in garbage time.

28 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Agree Bills are a bad matchup for the Falcons. We should have a big day. We have the advantage everywhere, and this is a great opportunity to work the OL and skill set group from last week some good reps.

Falcons are coming up here to die. They have not played one game in the cold or even chilly poor conditions. Pitts probably never played in cold.  Matty Ice looks like Matty Spray Tan these days. Can't see his group doing anything but shivering and dreaming of the off season.

Yep, a classic “run for the bus” situation.

50 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

41 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Stevie Johnson also had a critical drop in that Toronto game if I'm not mistaken.

Still remember hoping against hope as we mounted a comeback that Manuel could be the answer lol

I was so mad after that game and my wife said to me you have 2 hours.  I said what?  She said you have 2 hours to be mad then you need to get over it.  Its a game and you have no control over the outcome.  I was steaming for those 2 hours lol.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, section122 said:

I was so mad after that game and my wife said to me you have 2 hours.  I said what?  She said you have 2 hours to be mad then you need to get over it.  Its a game and you have no control over the outcome.  I was steaming for those 2 hours lol.

My take away from this story is that your wife is a keeper. Sounds like a good woman!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

It does seem like the '21 Bills may be suffering from some regular season malaise, after getting to the AFC Championship Game last year.  

You can tell, when they are focused/hype for a game, they are completely different... KC, earlier this year, and NE this past Sunday.  

When your sole focus is on getting to the Super Bowl year in/year out, the regular season can become a grind.  Maybe I'm way off, but it just seems like this team has suffered from their first go around of the year following the high of making a run in the Playoffs and the Playoffs now being all that matters.  

Now that we have two games left in the regular season, and the Division Title, at least one home Playoff Game to lock down.. I think we'll see this continued dialed in play from them.  

I heard a talk show either on the radio or on TV.  It was like a month back.  It was talking about the battle of attrition.  It wasnt about the Bills but the league in general.  Their thought was that because there is an extra game this year that players and practices and such may be taking it a little easier to keep as fresh and healthy as possible because of the extended season.  It was spoken much better on the talk show but that was the gist of it.  Sounded like a reasonable theory to me.

3 hours ago, buffblue said:

We don't have much history against the Falcons, but since I'm feeling nostalgic I thought I'd remind everyone of the 2009 matchup, also known as "The Brian Brohm Game".

Such an illustrious career he had. We lost 31-3. Good times!

I was (regrettably) at the 1977 Bills 3-0 win over the Falcons. Was sick as a dog but still went. That win did nothing to make me feel better. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

My take away from this story is that your wife is a keeper. Sounds like a good woman!

For many reasons including the fact she respects my Sunday afternoons and how important this stupid game is to me she absolutely is. She is a saint.

• Like (+1) 4

We really don’t have much history with the Atlanta Falcons.  I do remember this one local player with ties to both teams and so I had to look him up again.  

Back in 1973 we drafted a Buffalo native, Jeff Yeates ( Cardinal O’ Hara HS), in the 4th round (103 overall) from Boston College.  He was a backup DT for about 3 years and then waived in 1976.  In Atlanta we became a very solid DE and started for them for about 6 or 7 years.  

As for the game,  I expect Buffalo to come out like gang busters and handle this team as they should.  But they can’t let up, Ryan is still solid and the NFL is a tough league. 

• Like (+1) 2

I saw somewhere something about a sharknado? Say it ain't so. Totally doomed. In all honesty I think we win the QB match up and have the better defense as well. But we know what happens when Cordarrell Patterson runs the ball against the bills.... Go Bills. 

28 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Falcons have two things that have history of haunting the bills: a good tight end and solid running game. Bills defense needs to be on point stopping those two. 

The falcons have a solid running game huh?  Interesting take🤨 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.