1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Zero reason for Sanders to play the final two weeks imo even if he's ready to go. He was playing an insane number of snaps early in the year. Time to let the young guys take over and rest up.

That's "stinkin' thinkin" IMO.  Marking the next 2 games on the calendar as "sure wins" is the best way to drop one and lose the AFC East.  We already lost the Jags game thinking we just had to show up and roll over them.  We can't afford to do it again.

Resting the best players who are "ready to go" is exactly that thing - a thinking pattern that we don't need to "give it everything we got" from "Play One to Play None".

In particular, the Falcons can still reach the playoffs if they win the next 2 games!  They are going to give us everything we got.

Now, that said.....I would like to see less Sanders and more Davis, not because we should "rest up" some of our players but because I feel Davis has shown he can "get it done" and has earned more snaps - and also because I think healthy Davis might be better than hampered Sanders.

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The staff, surely, remembers last year and how Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Brown and McKenzie all managed to get worn down/hurt down the stretch before the playoffs. 

It can't be helped.  If the Bills "took care of business" against the Jaguars and won 1 of 2 close games against the Steelers and Tennessee, sure.

But we didn't, and we need those last 2 games.

Get out to a big lead and let the vets watch the young guys show their stuff, sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's "stinkin' thinkin" IMO.  Marking the next 2 games on the calendar as "sure wins" is the best way to drop one and lose the AFC East.  We already lost the Jags game thinking we just had to show up and roll over them.  We can't afford to do it again.

Resting the best players who are "ready to go" is exactly that thing - a thinking pattern that we don't need to "give it everything we got" from "Play One to Play None".

In particular, the Falcons can still reach the playoffs if they win the next 2 games!  They are going to give us everything we got.

Now, that said.....I would like to see less Sanders and more Davis, not because we should "rest up" some of our players but because I feel Davis has shown he can "get it done" and has earned more snaps - and also because I think healthy Davis might be better than hampered Sanders.

It can't be helped.  If the Bills "took care of business" against the Jaguars and won 1 of 2 close games against the Steelers and Tennessee, sure.

But we didn't, and we need those last 2 games.

Get out to a big lead and let the vets watch the young guys show their stuff, sure.

Huh? He's probably the 5th best WR on this team at this point. That obviously plays into it. 

• Like (+1) 1

As my name implies, I live in Atlanta and I pretty much wear my Bills gear year round, as many of us probably do.  I rarely get comments, although lately the general NFL fan has been more pro Bills the last 2 seasons.

Anyway, today I was out running errands wearing a Bills shirt, not even thinking about the fact we are playing the Falcons. The general comments were things like “I normally cheer for the Bills but I can’t this week” or “I hope you guys don’t beat us too badly”. I thought it was funny, because if a Falcons fan had a Falcons shirt on in Buffalo, we would definitely give them the business a bit more.  

• Like (+1) 2

the Falcons have a couple DBs out, don’t they?  I wouldn’t be opposed to Emmanuel sitting and resting up.  If we end up losing to Atlanta (perish the thought), I doubt it would be a situation where we think “man, if only Sanders were in for us we would have won!”

Getting Davis and Beasley back will be a nice boost.

30 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

As my name implies, I live in Atlanta and I pretty much wear my Bills gear year round, as many of us probably do.  I rarely get comments, although lately the general NFL fan has been more pro Bills the last 2 seasons.

Anyway, today I was out running errands wearing a Bills shirt, not even thinking about the fact we are playing the Falcons. The general comments were things like “I normally cheer for the Bills but I can’t this week” or “I hope you guys don’t beat us too badly”. I thought it was funny, because if a Falcons fan had a Falcons shirt on in Buffalo, we would definitely give them the business a bit more.  

Around 2013/14 I was in Buckhead for some Air Force training. Met a guy at a CrossFit gym that owned a Bills bar. He invited me over for that weeks game and I was shocked at how packed it was with Bills fans. Wish I could remember the name of it. If I remember right, it was near a hospital.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You see people wearing a random cowboys jersey or Giants jersey in the city

They'll get ribbed a bit but it's all in fun .. Bill's fans generally aren't violent like raiders fans and don't want to cause real trouble 

A few jokes.. sure you're not in the wrong City kid.. 

But for the most part Bills fans are pretty respectful around town ... Now how that changes come Sunday in the stadium .. well booze and a lot of meat can change a guy

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Atlanta is such a transient city that nobody really gets that hometown feel outside the Braves and Dawgs. 

If you wear Bills gear in North Metro ATL, you’re likely guaranteed to hear a “Go Bills!”…at least from my experience.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

A quick look at the Ticketmaster map shows sporadic blue seats available - I assume these are original tickets being sold by the Bills. There are a lot of resale tickets available, but it looks like at least 90% of the seats have been sold initially. 

Plus it’s a holiday weekend, everyone is sick right now and it’s a team that hasn’t been here in ages. 

I don't accept this. The excuse used to be the playoff drought. This is a must-win game.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't accept this. The excuse used to be the playoff drought. This is a must-win game.

Do y’all still have a vax requirement?  Likely not a huge portion of the attendance but could be the difference between a sell out and a few empty seats. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Do y’all still have a vax requirement?  Likely not a huge portion of the attendance but could be the difference between a sell out and a few empty seats. 

Yes they do. Vaxx & masks required. Erie County is having a bad breakout. Not to mention it's a beyotch for Canadians to cross the border still.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I would sit Oliver if possible.

why?

4 hours ago, Process said:

Zero reason for Sanders to play the final two weeks imo even if he's ready to go. He was playing an insane number of snaps early in the year. Time to let the young guys take over and rest up.

he needs to get back in playing shape

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

After seeing how amped up Josh was last game I think he is about to go on a run just in time for the post season.

FHpgJSLVEAYvF4n?format=jpg&name=small

Careful Josh getting Spencer Brown to fired up he’s going to end up going and finding a wall to run through Or stealing some pats fans beer

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I live 500 miles away, and I was at the PIT, HOU and CAR games already. Next trip is the playoffs.

I live in Atlanta.  For the flight, hotel, game tickets, rent a car, food and miscellaneous items….I’m up to about $1,200 right now.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I live in Atlanta.  For the flight, hotel, game tickets, rent a car, food and miscellaneous items….I’m up to about $1,200 right now.

But you said you haven’t been to a home game in about 10 years, so it’s really more like $120 annualized. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Lee sounded at the end like it's retirement time. Had a long career. I definitely think our run game could have used him at times this season. 

No doubt our run game and red zone would be better with him on the team. Sweeney as a #2 was not as effective as Smith as a #3.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

No doubt our run game and red zone would be better with him on the team. Sweeney as a #2 was not as effective as Smith as a #3.  

He was fantastic for like 1-2 hilariously wide open TDs a year because everyone looks at him like “no way this guys catching a pass.”

• Like (+1) 3

I need a little Bills fantasy advice. Looks like I may need to find a WR in a pinch as Antonio Brown may be out Sunday.

I snagged McKenzie off waivers and have made a claim for Gabe Davis.  Which one of these guys would you consider starting? I know Cole is back, but McKenzie had such a breakout game last week that i wonder if he will get a ton of looks again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.