1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They are coached by former titans OC, Arthur Smith. And what you describe reminds me of pretty much every Titans game.  A bunch of 4-yard runs, and a timely big pass or turnover. 

Yeh that’s them they are just annoying enough to hang around but if you get up on them they fold like an accordion 

3 hours ago, eball said:

The Falcons have only scored 278 points this season...to put that in perspective, the Jets have scored 276.  Only six teams have scored fewer.  They've also given up 400 points, more than all but four teams.

I'm really bored with the "the Bills lost to the Jags, I'm not taking anything for granted" takes.  This is not a game in early November; it's one of two left, at home, to clinch the division.  Buffalo isn't looking past anyone and I fully expect an ass kicking.

Pitts and Gage are competent  receiving options. Hayden Hurst is good but not used much. The run game is a roller coaster for them. Arthur Smith was the OC in Tenn last year with Dean Pees as the DC. I think the Bills win and should blow them out, but won’t be surprised either if it a one score game at halftime.

37 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I may be noted elsewhere on this thread, but when I look at the Bills schedule, they also count the Jets, Saints, Dolphins (2x) and Panthers as 5 of their 9 wins. Not to mention the Texans and the Redskins.  I bet it's pretty close to a -122 differential, if not worse. PLUS, the Bills LOST to the Jags. 

FFS, let's not get carried away AGAIN by counting this week's game as a win. ANY team can lose any week. There are no gimmies. I would have thought every Bills fan would have figure that out by now, FFS.

FFS, I would have thought that every Bills fan can look ahead to any game they want and assume a win/loss/tie anywhere they want because they don't have to actually play the games.  FFS!

10 hours ago, eball said:

I’ll go ahead and start this thread.  The Falcons ARE NOT GOOD.  They’re not even average.  Don’t be fooled by the 7-8 record.  Their wins:  Jets, Giants, Jags, Lions, Saints, Dolphins (early in the year), and Panthers (with whom they split).  They have a -122 point differential.

What should we worry about?  Patterson as a RB has been good.  Otherwise?  Meh.

Buckle down and take care of business, Buffalo.

Patterson is amazing, esp given the lack of talent around him.  

40 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I may be noted elsewhere on this thread, but when I look at the Bills schedule, they also count the Jets, Saints, Dolphins (2x) and Panthers as 5 of their 9 wins. Not to mention the Texans and the Redskins.  I bet it's pretty close to a -122 differential, if not worse. PLUS, the Bills LOST to the Jags. 

FFS, let's not get carried away AGAIN by counting this week's game as a win. ANY team can lose any week. There are no gimmies. I would have thought every Bills fan would have figure that out by now, FFS.

Hey, man, if you want to worry, be my guest.  The Falcons suck and the Bills will plaster them Sunday.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is their most active board. However nothing about upcoming game yet. 

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

They are talking about it in the other threads. They are gaming out the scenarios that have them making the playoffs. All of them require winning out, plus a lot of other things. They think they’re beating the Bills easily because we suck at home. In general, the place reads like this place during the drought years.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They are talking about it in the other threads. They are gaming out the scenarios that have them making the playoffs. All of them require winning out, plus a lot of other things. They think they’re beating the Bills easily because we suck at home. In general, the place reads like this place during the drought years.

They lost 43-3 to the cowboys they aren’t making the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I think some people think this was a joke. I was being deadly serious, just to be clear

Why don't you enlighten us if you have some kind of insider knowledge or any evidence at all?

What reason do you have for anyone on this board to put any faith in what you are guessing?   Cuz you're just another random dude on a public football forum?

Because without context or evidence your guess carry's no more seriousness or weight than me saying I think he is emotionally distraught because his dog ate his cat and Star favored the cat.

Now all he can smell is the half eaten bag of of dry leftover cat food and it makes him too sad to play football.    I guess that would also be a mental issue?

• Agree 1

Just now, PolishDave said:

Why don't you enlighten us if you have some kind of insider knowledge or any evidence at all?

What reason do you have for anyone on this board to put any faith in what you are guessing?   Cuz you're just another random dude on a public football forum?

Because without context or evidence your guess carry's no more seriousness or weight than me saying I think he is emotionally distraught because his dog ate his cat and Star favored the cat.

Now all he can smell is the half eaten bag of of dry leftover cat food and it makes him too sad to play football.    I guess that would also be a mental issue?

yes, Dave, hence my use of the words 'I'm just speculating'

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

yes, Dave, hence my use of the words 'I'm just speculating'

So you're not claiming to have a crystal ball.  You're not claiming to be Dunkirk Don.   You're not claiming to have inside knowledge of any kind.  You're just throwing random darts.

Well then I'm sticking with my story about his Dog eating his Cat.   Seems just as likely as what you are guessing.    And at least I gave a reason for him being mentally distraught.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

So you're not claiming to have a crystal ball.  You're not claiming to be Dunkirk Don.   You're not claiming to have inside knowledge of any kind.  You're just throwing random darts.

Well then I'm sticking with my story about his Dog eating his Cat.   Seems just as likely as what you are guessing.    And at least I gave a reason for him being mentally distraught.

I know an internet message board isn't the place for speculation but I didn't know where else to put it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

27 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I mean, that would traumatize the heck out of me

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.