1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I refuse to get cocky about any opponent but especially this season where we've seen more upsets than I can ever remember. 

We're not even assured of a playoff spot yet so I just want them to go out, have a good game, do enough to win and hopefully the other results go our way and we're in. As the evil one says, just do your jobs

I'd like to see the O-line have another dominant game to show consistency with the playoffs around the corner. Will also be interesting to see how they use McKenzie and Cole when they're both available. 

Agreed. It is very important to play our best football now and trend up. I want to see the same energy and execution the next two weeks. Need to build. 

• Like (+1) 4

The Falcons suck. Look at their schedule. They barely beat the garbage teams, I mean the worst of the worst teams, and get blown out by every decent team they face. 

I know, the Jags. It was a bad loss. Get over it. 

This is a game we should win by 3+ scores.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Im not so sure about this. 

Historically Matty Ice has been great, but he is a shell of his former self imo. Maybe it contributes to lack of weapons, or aging, but he seems like a dead man walking. 

wouldn’t be surprised to see them more on from him this off season 

They had Mike Davis as their lead back to start the year. Struck gold with Patterson playing well as a duel threat runner/receiver. Their rookie TE Pitts was just starting to find his footing when Ridley walked away from the game.

The result is this. Because Ridley left there is no outside threat at WR. A couple guys that would be #2 or 3 receivers. Teams bracket cover Pitts, take him basically out. It's led to them overusing Patterson and his plays becoming predictable. His body is also looking worn out at this point in the season. He's good for a short TD run a game at this point. 

Ryan has lost a step or 2 but is still a solid and consistent starter. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I refuse to get cocky about any opponent but especially this season where we've seen more upsets than I can ever remember. 

We're not even assured of a playoff spot yet so I just want them to go out, have a good game, do enough to win and hopefully the other results go our way and we're in. As the evil one says, just do your jobs

I'd like to see the O-line have another dominant game to show consistency with the playoffs around the corner. Will also be interesting to see how they use McKenzie and Cole when they're both available. 

While nothing is official I would say yesterday's win pretty much guarantees the Bills will be in the playoffs. They still have work to do but a lot would have to go wrong for them to miss at this point.

Weather is iffy, supposed to be rain/snow in the AM, then temps dropping through the 30's during the game, hopefully the field will not be a skating rink.  I think Milano/Neal can manage to keep Pitts under wraps. Pats TE's didn't hurt us.  Ryan has taken 11 sacks in his past 4 games.

This will be the Lee Smith homecoming game, hopefully he's good for a couple of holding calls during the game.

Edited by BearNorth

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Weather is iffy, supposed to be rain/snow in the AM, then temps dropping through the 30's during the game, hopefully the field will not be a skating rink.  I think Milano/Neal can manage to keep Pitts under wraps. Pats TE's didn't hurt us.  Ryan has taken 11 sacks in his past 4 games.

As long as the wind is south of 20 mph, we should be fine. 

Bills have proven to be solid in the revenge games and when McDermott gets ramped up.  This Atlanta game is ripe for a letdown so it's on the coaches and players to treat the Falcons as if they are the Patriots.  Easier said than done.  Plus Atlanta has some hope as their playoffs chances are still alive.  They won't be laying down for Buffalo.  

39 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

good post and kudos for excellent screen name!  Rob Riddick was TD machine and a great Bills player who is very underrrated

• Like (+1) 1

This Bills team will not falter, imo.   I can't help but think of times like the Pitt game during the drought, when all we had to do was beat their back-ups to secure a WC spot and we couldn't.

This just isn't that team or even franchise anymore.  For starters, they have the ultimate "refuse to lose" guy in Allen.  But beyond that, I think everyone knows the stakes and potential pitfalls.  This is where that loss to the Jags might serve the team well.  They have a chance to secure the division with 2 home games left.  Everyone knows it, and I just can't see this team letting up or allowing themselves to give anything but their best to get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.