1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

This is going to be a harder game just for the fact that Matt Ryan is better than Mac Dink'n'Dunk Jones.

Im not so sure about this. 

Historically Matty Ice has been great, but he is a shell of his former self imo. Maybe it contributes to lack of weapons, or aging, but he seems like a dead man walking. 

wouldn’t be surprised to see them more on from him this off season 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Beast said:

After some of our losses I will take no team for granted. There have been so many stunning upsets this year around the league.

Plus, COVID. That may be our toughest opponent.

This.

I hope they've gotten over it, but there was a funny vibe on the Bills earlier in the season where they would have a great, "signature" type win, their PR team would put out some funny ***** lampooning the other team, the national press would take notice and start adulating the Bills, and the Bills would get punched in the mouth the next game - seeming to come out flat and not be able to seal the deal or even taking an inexplicable loss. 

KC followed by Tenn. 

Dolphins followed by Jags. 

Worst, Jets followed by Indy where Indy practically flipped the score

I hope we've learned from this.  Anyone can beat us.  We have to prepare for everyone like they're the Pats.

Don't Eat the Cheese, Boys.  Don't read the press clippings.

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Im not so sure about this. 

Historically Matty Ice has been great, but he is a shell of his former self imo. Maybe it contributes to lack of weapons, or aging, but he seems like a dead man walking. 

wouldn’t be surprised to see them more on from him this off season 

Matty Ice can still throw it.  He just has no one to catch it reliably and his OL is a bunch of blocking sleds.  I forget what game I was watching, but time and time again he would throw a catchable ball and his receiver would fail to adjust on it or haul it in.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Giants offense is flat out putrid. I think they have become the worst team the league. The Jags are horrible but the Giants are giving them a run for the money as far as worst team goes. What's worse for Giants fans is they already announced per WFAN that Judge and Jones are returning for next season.

Yes, without Jones. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

After some of our losses I will take no team for granted. There have been so many stunning upsets this year around the league.

Plus, COVID. That may be our toughest opponent.

This times a million, and I hope Buffalo remembers that!!!

Remember 4 years ago, Falcons were coming off the Superbowl and the Bills looked like they were headed towards another year of missing the playoffs. Then the Bills stunned the Falcons in Atlanta and that win helped propel the Bills towards the playoffs. Since then, the teams have been on totally opposite paths. Ryan is physically at this point similar to what we saw in Jones yesterday, but has years of experience, which makes him a much more formidable foe. 

Falcons will still be in the hunt when they come to Buffalo. The local media is already talking about the forecast in Buffalo being cold with snow showers. I'd like to see the Bills follow the script they have against teams like Carolina and NO. Get up early and make the Falcons press.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Trap game works as well. Coming off a big win over the hated Pats. Letdown or trap game is real. For the record I do think the Bills will win but they (players) need to avoid being overconfident. McDermott always preaches "stay humble" so hopefully they do that and have a good week of practice and then treat the Falcons like they were the Pats.

[facepalm]

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Remember 4 years ago, Falcons were coming off the Superbowl and the Bills looked like they were headed towards another year of missing the playoffs. Then the Bills stunned the Falcons in Atlanta and that win helped propel the Bills towards the playoffs. Since then, the teams have been on totally opposite paths. Ryan is physically at this point similar to what we saw in Jones yesterday, but has years of experience, which makes him a much more formidable foe. 

Falcons will still be in the hunt when they come to Buffalo. The local media is already talking about the forecast in Buffalo being cold with snow showers. I'd like to see the Bills follow the script they have against teams like Carolina and NO. Get up early and make the Falcons press.

The Falcons defense isn't that good. Unless there is another day with 50 MPH winds like the Monday game the Bills should put up a lot of points. I could see a score similar to yesterdays 33-21 win.

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott is very familiar with Matt Ryan from his days in the nfc south and the bills with a much worse team managed to beat the falcons with a much better team 4 years ago, in Atlanta. So I hope we can get the W.

they have a really good CB, AJ Terrell, and Diggs is banged up and we will still be missing Davis. Singletary also banged up. We may see Antonio Williams if they hate Breida.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Falcons defense isn't that good. Unless there is another day with 50 MPH winds like the Monday game the Bills should put up a lot of points. I could see a score similar to yesterdays 33-21 win.

Agreed, the Falcons d is bad. They rank in the bottom half of the league in every category and do not have a good pass rush. Hopefully Josh is sitting out by the fourth quarter. 

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Kyle Pitts is an excellent TE, just on a bad team. I could see a few mismatches with him on Edmunds making some chunk plays, but nothing that would jeopardize the game overall.

Hayden Hurst has been lost in Atl. Talk about a guy who I would love in FA as a backup to D Knox if not too expensive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Since Jax game, I take no one for granted. You just never know.

Yup. Titans lost to the Jets and Texans. Bengals lost to the Jets. Chargers lost to the Texans yesterday. The Bills should win their final 2 games and I think they will but no game is a gimme as upsets do happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott is very familiar with Matt Ryan from his days in the nfc south and the bills with a much worse team managed to beat the falcons with a much better team 4 years ago, in Atlanta. So I hope we can get the W.

they have a really good CB, AJ Terrell, and Diggs is banged up and we will still be missing Davis. Singletary also banged up. We may see Antonio Williams if they hate Breida.

Did someone say Antonio Williams? 

Laff Mobb Cover Ears GIF by Laff Mobb’s Laff Tracks

• Haha (+1) 4

I refuse to get cocky about any opponent but especially this season where we've seen more upsets than I can ever remember. 

We're not even assured of a playoff spot yet so I just want them to go out, have a good game, do enough to win and hopefully the other results go our way and we're in. As the evil one says, just do your jobs

I'd like to see the O-line have another dominant game to show consistency with the playoffs around the corner. Will also be interesting to see how they use McKenzie and Cole when they're both available. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.