1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

5 minutes ago, eball said:

The Falcons have only scored 278 points this season...to put that in perspective, the Jets have scored 276.  Only six teams have scored fewer.  They've also given up 400 points, more than all but four teams.

I'm really bored with the "the Bills lost to the Jags, I'm not taking anything for granted" takes.  This is not a game in early November; it's one of two left, at home, to clinch the division.  Buffalo isn't looking past anyone and I fully expect an ass kicking.

Wow that is pretty bad. I would have guessed the Bills would have beaten the Falcons something similar to yesterday's 33-21 score. I now think it will be worse. The Falcons are only in the "playoff mix" because the NFC is **** minus the top teams.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Wow that is pretty bad. I would have guessed the Bills would have beaten the Falcons something similar to yesterday's 33-21 score. I now think it will be worse. The Falcons are only in the "playoff mix" because the NFC is **** minus the top teams.

The saints are also “in the hunt” 😄

The Falcons "strength of victory" metric is .306 -- far and away the lowest in the league, and it isn't close.  I'm tellin' ya, they stink.  Those seven wins are a mirage.  This is not your MVP-era Matt Ryan.

These last two games for the Bills are the biggest no-brainers of the season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

The Falcons "strength of victory" metric is .306 -- far and away the lowest in the league, and it isn't close.  I'm tellin' ya, they stink.  Those seven wins are a mirage.  This is not your MVP-era Matt Ryan.

These last two games for the Bills are the biggest no-brainers of the season.

The Jets game worries me a little. Yes they suck and the Bills are a much better team. But those divisional/rivalry games can be funny sometimes since both teams know each other so well. If the Jets have a chance to ruin the Bills season you can bet they will play hard. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

This is going to be a harder game just for the fact that Matt Ryan is better than Mac Dink'n'Dunk Jones.

The best thing for Buffalo is jump on them quickly take all hope away. You don’t want a team with nothing to lose having hope in the 4 quarter. Beating us would be there mini playoff game plus something to build on. At least that’s what the players would say. Thumb them quick and hard and remind them it’s time to rebuild. GO BILLS 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Jets game worries me a little. Yes they suck and the Bills are a much better team. But those divisional/rivalry games can be funny sometimes since both teams know each other so well. If the Jets have a chance to ruin the Bills season you can bet they will play hard. 

The Jets game worries me more than the Falcons. The Falcons blow.  The Jets aren’t good but there’s a much better chance that they will come out and play hard against the Bills, their division rival…pretty sure this will be a “run for the bus” game for ATL….

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Jets game worries me more than the Falcons. The Falcons blow.  The Jets aren’t good but there’s a much better chance that they will come out and play hard against the Bills, their division rival…pretty sure this will be a “run for the bus” game for ATL….

Agree I think the Bills will blowout the Falcons. I could see 42-17 or something along those lines. As long as COVID doesn't hit the team for this game. That's the one unknown. 

53 minutes ago, Magox said:

That ball didn’t even come close to hitting his hands.   It hit him right in the middle of the arms, he was a good foot from his hands.   Just shows you he had almost no chance of catching it.   He didn’t even whiff coming anywhere near close to catching that ball.

That ball must have been wobbling and whirling in the air.    

Did you quoted the wrong quote.  I assume you’re talking about the pass to Diggs in the end zone vs the pats game 1?

ok, it hit him in the arms.  Same point.  If it hit him in the arms, it could have been caught if it was tracked correctly. 

again, I’m not saying it was an easy catch. It was a very difficult catch…..but josh put the pass right where Diggs wanted it.  He would have caught it if he tracked it correctly. 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why are people scared of the weather? Allen demonstrated he could throw and throw accurately in a wind storm…. It’s up to the coaching staff to put the ball in his hands regardless of the conditions.

because we are driving 8 hours to go to game, and snow belt reaches just south albany, so a good chunk could be white knuckle driving.  I don't give a ***** if its a blizzard- we are coming to Buffalo to cheer for our beloved Buffalo Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Having watched a few falcons games they are kinda a sneaky team they look so overmatched at times but a long ball here and there and somehow they are in the game….

their secondary is garbage but they have a decent pass rush…give Josh time this game will be over by halftime…

Matt Ryan is a shell of himself anymore and is honestly a threat to turn the ball over every play 

They are coached by former titans OC, Arthur Smith. And what you describe reminds me of pretty much every Titans game.  A bunch of 4-yard runs, and a timely big pass or turnover. 

7 hours ago, eball said:

I’ll go ahead and start this thread.  The Falcons ARE NOT GOOD.  They’re not even average.  Don’t be fooled by the 7-8 record.  Their wins:  Jets, Giants, Jags, Lions, Saints, Dolphins (early in the year), and Panthers (with whom they split).  They have a -122 point differential.

What should we worry about?  Patterson as a RB has been good.  Otherwise?  Meh.

Buckle down and take care of business, Buffalo.

The funny part is I live in Atlanta, and reading your post taught me all I know about the Falcons. I had no idea what their record is, and couldn’t name a single player other than Matt Ryan. And I’m not alone! This is college football territory.

I’ve been to two Falcons games here, once before we moved (and we sat in the President’s suite at the old stadium - pretty cool) and when the Bills came to town.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.