1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

3 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Ryan is a 14 year veteran, 4 time all-pro and led his team to a Super Bowl appearance.  He's a solid NFL QB and good individual!

He's thrown for 59,000 yards and has a 66% completition rate in his career.

I'm worried about him picking the Bills defense apart.  The Falcons are in the play-off race and this isn't a throw-away game. 

Any Comments!

Uhh...

Have you watched him this year?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Ryan is a 14 year veteran, 4 time all-pro and led his team to a Super Bowl appearance.  He's a solid NFL QB and good individual!

He's thrown for 59,000 yards and has a 66% completition rate in his career.

I'm worried about him picking the Bills defense apart.  The Falcons are in the play-off race and this isn't a throw-away game. 

Any Comments!

Have you considered an anti-anxiety drug prescription?

We aren't playing against Matt Ryan's career.  We're playing against the team the Falcons can field this year.

They've got the 25th offense on points and the 24th offense on yards.  15th for passing yards, but 24th for interceptions thrown. 30th for rush yards.

If the Bills spend this week eating potato chips and reading their press clipping and walk on the field with a lackadaisical attitude, sure, we could be in trouble.

If they treat Atlanta as a pack of cornered Dogs that might be dangerous, prepare seriously, and go out there and play like each play needs to be their best, they'll be fine.

Just now, RunJoshRun said:

Oh yes- - - 68% completition percentage, 3555 yards passing and 19 TD passes with an overall weak team.   

Don't forget the 14 interceptions or the fact that with so many passing attempts, it's 6.1 ypa.

Yes, Matt Ryan is a very good QB.  No, a very good QB can't do it all himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ryan and Smith don’t like each other. Smith is just waiting till he can get rid of Ryan. I’ve always liked Matt Ryan but he isn’t anywhere near what he was 3 years ago. Not to mention he doesn’t have the line or weapons like he had for the SB run. 
They are slightly better than Carolina on offense but way worse on defense. 

4 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Maybe so - but - my post is considered a "troll" post just because I don't follow the trends on this Board.  It seems they want everyone "in-line" - like getting the Virus shots.  

Advanced metrics say they are the worst team in the NFL in spite of their record. This is the type of team the Bills usually beat by 30.

8 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Worst team in the NFL???  How did they win 7 games?

Luck. They’re bottom 5 in the NFL in like everything. 

All of their wins are 1 score wins. 7-2 in 1 score games. They’re the anti-Bills in that regard. Statistically teams are .500 in 1 score games. If you outperform that in a given season, you’re generally playing above your capabilities and due for regression backs towards .500 in 1 score games in the following season. They’ll likely play closer to the 4-5 win team they should be on paper. 

I’m not saying it’s going to be a gimme… but their record isn’t an indication of their true performance. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Ryan's had a terrific career and he's still a fine player. His team's bad.

If the Bills play well, they'll win. That's what to be afraid of, the Bills not playing their best.

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Luck. They’re bottom 5 in the NFL in like everything. 

All of their wins are 1 score wins. 7-2 in 1 score games. They’re the anti-Bills in that regard. Statistically teams are .500 in 1 score games. If you outperform that in a given season, you’re generally playing above your capabilities and due for regression backs towards .500 in 1 score games in the following season. They’ll likely play closer to the 4-5 win team they should be on paper. 

I’m not saying it’s going to be a gimme… but their record isn’t an indication of their true performance. 

A one-score game isn't the same as a game that will be decided by luck.

Good teams will genuinely win more of their one-score games, and bad ones will lose more. There's more luck involved than there is in large variance wins, but it's not luck that the Falcons won a lot of them any more than it is that the Bills lost a lot of them this year. Both were a result of performance, with a bit of luck thrown in.

But here's who they beat for those seven wins:

NYG

NYJ

Fins

Saints

Jags

Panthers

Lions

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills match up very well to the Falcons. They don't rush the passer very well, they like to play a lot of man on the outside and on offense their run game is smoke and mirrors rather than straight up power. 

The thing they still do better than average is throw the ball but they are not some dominant passing offense and the Bills D is hard to make a living throwing against. 

I am not worried about this game even with the up and down nature of this Bills team. 

This is pretty much where I'm at. It's a fantastic matchup for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.