Gabe Davis deserves his own thread

BuffaloRebound

LOL. I just bumped an older one. 

Davis needs to be on the field more than Sanders. Period. I think he was today but not sure if Sanders was injured? Tuned out large parts of the second half so may have missed an injury. But all season long Davis has been out producing Sanders on both a per snap and per target basis. I think today he was finally on the field for more snaps as the box score shows 8 targets for Davis to just 1 for Sanders. 

Davis is also young and part of this teams future potentially. He needs to be on the field a lot.

• Agree 6

I said it in the off-season…..Davis needs to be the #2 starting WR……kid makes plays.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Earlier in the year there was a thought that Davis had taken a step back this year. He wasn't as good as last year. I don't think the numbers ever supported that. He just wasn't seeing the field because we were forcing Sanders into a starting role.

He was also banged up early in the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Davis needs to play more for sure. Really played well today with extended time.

Sanders needs to play less.  Seems to stunt the offense when he’s in.  Not sure why, but Josh seems to forget about others when he’s in.  Diggs, Beas and Davis need to be our go-to receivers.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great play on that 4th down to fight for the yards..

We really need to see him more on the field .. one of many things that mystify me about this team...

That play gave me a heart attack.

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

That's good because all his d-line picks are hitting into double plays.

Rousseau's had some FC's....

He got two yards after a catch.

That was good but Tampa's receivers were stacking YAC yards all game.

The Bills badly need a fast, elusive target in their WR corps that can make a play after the catch.

BADLY.

Allen played great but still ended up with less than 6 yards per pass attempt cuz these guys got no juice.    Beasley,  in particular is having a pathetic yards per reception season.   Almost impossibly bad.

Gabe isn't going to be that RAC guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, zevo said:

sanders stunted his development...Time for him to take a back seat

Agree. It's the reason why still don't understand his signing (Sanders) back to off-season. When Davis in there offense is clearly way better. Davis has heart and run block as well.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Sanders has spent most of his career in the slot so I'm not sure why he got moved into an outside spot where Davis is clearly much better.  Sanders should be inside spelling Beasley and finding holes in the zone or running crossing routes.  At least this is one thing they seem to have figured out.

• Agree 1

By signing Sanders, they stunted the development of Davis who was one of my breakout players this year. He's one of our only WRs besides Kumerow w/ actual size. I don't get why they're holding him back when everytime he's on the field he produces and makes clutch catches. Beanie actually drafts a good offensive player and they refuse to use him. It's mind boggling.

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

By signing Sanders, they stunted the development of Davis who was one of my breakout players this year. He's one of our only WRs besides Kumerow w/ actual size. I don't get why they're holding him back when everytime he's on the field he produces and makes clutch catches. Beanie actually drafts a good offensive player and they refuse to use him. It's mind boggling.

Maybe he will see more action in the wake of this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.