Gabe Davis deserves his own thread

BuffaloRebound

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He got two yards after a catch.

That was good but Tampa's receivers were stacking YAC yards all game.

The Bills badly need a fast, elusive target in their WR corps that can make a play after the catch.

BADLY.

Allen played great but still ended up with less than 6 yards per pass attempt cuz these guys got no juice.    Beasley,  in particular is having a pathetic yards per reception season.   Almost impossibly bad.

Gabe isn't going to be that RAC guy.

I agree with both points, yet Gabriel Davis has made numerous highlight reel, sideline and RZ catches. He is a down the field threat, not with speed, but his ability to catch the ball. Allen loves this guy in the RZ and he is our best run blocking WR. 

Id love to see Diggs, Davis and a 3rd guy with a similar skill set to Beasley in the way he finds the holes in zones and can run quick, effective choice routes but also offers the ability to turn a 5 yard catch into 50

I still say he is a perfect #3 outside WR. His route running is still not sophisticated enough to win consistently, and he isn't a total alpha like Mike Williams. He's tough and has good vertical speed and can run block. That is exactly the kind of skill set I want in a #3 WR. But the Bills can do better with their featured WR across from Diggs next year.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

LOL. I just bumped an older one. 

Davis needs to be on the field more than Sanders. Period. I think he was today but not sure if Sanders was injured? Tuned out large parts of the second half so may have missed an injury. But all season long Davis has been out producing Sanders on both a per snap and per target basis. I think today he was finally on the field for more snaps as the box score shows 8 targets for Davis to just 1 for Sanders. 

Davis is also young and part of this teams future potentially. He needs to be on the field a lot.

It’s true.   Sanders has been getting less and less productive.  Even Sims on his podcast was saying Brown did a better taking the top off defenses than Sanders has done.  Sanders is reminding me of Gore, guy finally hit the wall and just hanging on with an occasional play. Our o has mediocre talent surrounding Josh now. We need a true 3 down back so our qb doesn’t have to run for100 yards and be hurt like he is now ( walking boot so hopefully not too bad ) , need a valid #2 tight end, going to need a younger slot and one more additional wr.  Then we need at least 3 new starting lineman. Big off-season for Beane and a new OC. 

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Davis needs to be on the field more than Sanders. Period. I think he was today but not sure if Sanders was injured? Tuned out large parts of the second half so may have missed an injury. But all season long Davis has been out producing Sanders on both a per snap and per target basis. I think today he was finally on the field for more snaps as the box score shows 8 targets for Davis to just 1 for Sanders. 

Davis is also young and part of this teams future potentially. He needs to be on the field a lot.

He’s evolving and developing. He’s still no Diggs/Beasley with precision routes, but he’s getting better. He had one important catch today that Josh threw before Gabe made his move to separate. A very good sign! Still, ya gotta go with a vet of Sanders’ stature if he’s on your team.

4 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Davis is probably the best run blocking WR we have also.

Another very promising attribute.

At this very moment he is THE BEST WR on the team.  Diggs is OFF, don’t know what the deal is, but he isn’t even tracking balls the last 2 games, Beasley is a good slot guy, but offers next to nothing in big play potential and Sanders hasn’t been a real threat.   Davis has the size, speed and effort all going for him and he’s out performing everyone else when given the opportunity. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Sanders is the one real change that was made and our offense appears far less capable this year.  I would be fine with Sanders inactive so Davis gets snaps the rest of the year.  Then release Sanders and find another young stud WR.  After fixing the OL...

He’s been showing he’s willing to do the little things that a lot of receivers don’t.  His blocking has been a nice surprise this year, but I totally agree he needs more touches.  He’s not our fastest guy but he seems to be our best deep ball receiver and is tough to bring down

On 12/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, BillsEnthusiast said:

He's a home run pick by Beane. 

Not sure about a home run but he's been a lot better than most of his picks.

But again what faith should we have in a coaching staff that insists on giving specific players more time on the field that guys are flat out better? In this case I still see Sanders getting more snaps if/when he's healthy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.