NFL Films - Josh Allen throws up before every game but still calls it “the best job in the world”

YoloinOhio

Jim Kelly used to do that as well. Darryl Talley would say they couldn’t take the field until they heard Jim calling up the dinosaurs. And then Jim said as his career went on, he wouldn’t get as nervous and sometimes he’d have to fake it just to get the guys out of the locker room lol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nerves and anxiety are part of our existence. Many times those feelings are productive, but things like this always sound like a bit much to me. I’m not an expert, so I’m not sure where healthy nerves cross the line to something more, but I just wish Josh could chill. I’ve always been under the belief that calmness prevails in life and battle. 

I did as well when I played (different sport)

In your head there's so many good or bad things that could happen in the next hour or so. Of course by the end of the game you're wondering what you possibly could have been so worried about.

I remember it never got any better with experience for me

1 minute ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

I did as well when I played (different sport)

In your head there's so many good or bad things that could happen in the next hour or so. Of course by the end of the game you're wondering what you possibly could have been so worried about.

I remember it never got any better with experience for me

teammate in HS basketball did it prior to each game too. 

10 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

This is interesting.  Josh does seem to get flustered when the pressure is on (heavy blitzes).  He may need a sports psychologist to help him think through the game in a different way.

He said he does it to clear the mucus (has he heard of blowing his nose?).  Not because of nerves.  Strange.  I know that he said before he won't eat before a game on game day unless it's a night game so he's basically throwing up stomach acid if anything.

12 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

This is interesting.  Josh does seem to get flustered when the pressure is on (heavy blitzes).  He may need a sports psychologist to help him think through the game in a different way.

He needs to increase his Sinatra pregame ritual. It's common for players to yak before a game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.