11/14/21 Gameday Bills at Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Ok, I owe everyone an apology. Re-reading last weeks Pregame Thread, it .um.. didn’t age well. I’ve followed the Bills religiously since we stole Jackie Kemp from SD in 1963. Yes, I’ve witnessed back to back League championships. But I’ve seen too much misery since! Johnny Robinson’s 80 yard INT return, Fouts to Smith, Bruce’s Phantom Facemask at Cincy, Wide Right, Redskin scalping, Dallas DoomsDAYS, Music City Debacle, The Rocky Houston Horror Show and the Massacre at little Big Chief. But I’ve never seen what I witnessed last Sunday! The atrocious London Jagoffs beating us on foreign soil?
Preposterous. 

Yes, Balt, Tenn, the LA teams, the ‘Bay’ teams, Dal, KC, LV & NO have also experienced shocking upset losses and we’re barley at the halfway mark of the season. I now have no clue how this season will unfold. Gone seemingly forever is the rare comfort level of the contentment that comes with expecting the Bills to win. 

Which brings us to the Nyets. They suck. Right? They ALWAYS suck. Right?? From ownership to this seasons’ QB hopeful, they just simply suck. Right??? 

Yes. 

But…..

We will face a ‘2 Deep’ look from here out until we prove we can beat it. We simply CAN’T run the ball, sans Allen. Injuries are piling up on an already suspect O-Line. The only consistent pluses have been Bass, Knox & Defense -so far..

Coincidentally, all the fleeting, rarified air of being the national media Darlings has disappeared. Are we prepared for another week of national bloodletting? “Pretender Status”? A full week of @Jimmy Spagnola  punching our teeth out?

I’m not. I’m taking a hiatus. 

Go BILLS!

Mafia in the Apple

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

So I’ve stayed off the football internet for one week. Outside of seeing an occasional headline I abstained completely from watching any TV, no YouTube, no Podcasts, no TBD, no TNF,  etc.  This is redemption Sunday.  I’m ready to now put last week in the rear view mirror.  

Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Happy Game Day, all!

Well, I do hope this Sunday is much better than last week's. Like Chandler--like all of us--I'm still getting over the shock of it. Today would be a good day to put it in the rear view mirror.

Alright, moving on, looking forward, as Churchill said, “When going through hell, keep going.” .... On to the Jets!

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!

Edited by CSBill
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Happy gameday all!  Let's get back to business and roll today!

Too much has been said about us struggling with cover 2/etc. It was 1 game against Jacksonville, an off game across the board offensively.  Miami threw very few cover 2 looks our way, it was cover 0 blitzes and we adjusted in the 2nd half.  I'm tired of hearing about this vaunted cover 2 that we are struggling with, it's a myth.

Bottom line, we need more balance on offense and better playcalling from Daboll.  Get off to a fast start and not look back...Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Winning takes care of Everything! Winning means we can’t lose in the standings, can’t be sent home in the playoffs ..just win and everything will work out !! We can control our destiny. 

Felt like an All Business sort  of week from the Bills. Let’s see a big time response to the challenge.

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

So I’ve stayed off the football internet for one week. Outside of seeing an occasional headline I abstained completely from watching any TV, no YouTube, no Podcasts, no TBD, no TNF,  etc.  This is redemption Sunday.  I’m ready to now put last week in the rear view mirror.  

Go Bills. 

Man, I was same way...I don’t know that I’ve ever been more pissed off after a loss than I was last week- especially when the opposition said it looked like the Bills didn’t even care...I asked myself, if the players don’t care, then why the hell do I care?  It was worse than a normal loss- it was a disgrace and an embarrassment...

I seriously contemplated whether, or not, I was even going to watch this weeks game...so, if the Bills decide to stink up the joint again, it might be time to start rooting for draft position, because it would have been made clear that the team was going nowhere in their current configuration...fingers crossed they wake the hell up...👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Happy gameday all!  Let's get back to business and roll today!

Too much has been said about us struggling with cover 2/etc. It was 1 game against Jacksonville, an off game across the board offensively.  Miami threw very few cover 2 looks our way, it was cover 0 blitzes and we adjusted in the 2nd half.  I'm tired of hearing about this vaunted cover 2 that we are struggling with, it's a myth.

Bottom line, we need more balance on offense and better playcalling from Daboll.  Get off to a fast start and not look back...Go Bills!

Urban Meyer is on record saying he implemented 2 deep BECAUSE it was effective vs. Allen/Bills. But please, don’t let facts get in your way.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Fallser said:

I'm driving up from Philadelphia to the game next week, if they lose today - that's going to be a long drive up there...if they lose next week, the drive will be even longer  going back to Philly...UGH. LFG BILLS!

lol "If they lose"

36 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Urban Meyer is on record saying he implemented 2 deep BECAUSE it was effective vs. Allen/Bills. But please, don’t let facts get in your way.

Because Urban Meyer supposedly said that, its now a fact that we have issues with Cover 2 coverage? 

Again 1 game.  Where we decided to only run 9x vs 50 passes.  Don't let 1 game get I. the way of your opinion and quote it as facts.  

Let's see how we play today, I'm sure Jets will try running the same scheme.  I'm going to guess we come out more balanced and this myth of Cover 2 gives us issues, can be boiled down to Dabolls playcalling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

The big game - defeat here and quite frankly a winning record would look like a success from this season, let alone anything else on top of that. A victory and it will be a step towards putting the wheels back on track. Unlike last week, we go into this with waivering confidence at best but maybe that isn't a bad thing; if the team doesn't or cannot take note of two warning signs in two weeks then there's little more that can be done.

Go Bills!

Pretty simple, we either get back on track today or we start thinking about bettering the team in the off-season to compete for a Championship. Four games in a row of mediocre to bad football will be more than a bump in the road.

Bills 41 Jets 17

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Pretty simple, we either get back on track today or we start thinking about bettering the team in the off-season to compete for a Championship. Four games in a row of mediocre to bad football will be more than a bump in the road.

Bills 41 Jets 17

The odd thing is the Titans defeat was down to a struggling defense; our offense kept us in that one. Since the bye, our defense has been fine (against weak offenses) but our offense has been poor to awful for all but one quarter out of eight.

• Like (+1) 1