11/14/21 Gameday Bills at Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Nervous about playing the godforsaken Jets. This is fun.

We can’t just win. We need to score 40. I made a trip to the worst smelling city I’ve ever been to (really, the entire city of Jacksonville has a rotten stench to it) for this team. Please just beat this team like you should. O-Line, I’m looking at you.   

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No, I was laughing like they would even come close to losing this game.

Right....then there was last week. I scheduled some work stuff figuring that game would be a blowout waste of time...but but but....LFG!!!!!

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Any word on Moss yet? I am contemplating starting Singletary in fantasy. It would be risky, because I would be benching Josh Jacobs against KC. But I have a feeling we will really commit to the run today.

We’re not running on this defense. I wouldn’t do it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The greater the expectation that Josh carries this Oline, the greater the chance he gets injured. Of all outcomes, this is the worst. Josh is a competitor and he is going to do everything he can to make the Bill's successful, even if it means trying to be superman.  Every time I see him trying to make something out of nothing, I get really anxious.

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Because Urban Meyer supposedly said that, its now a fact that we have issues with Cover 2 coverage? 

Again 1 game.  Where we decided to only run 9x vs 50 passes.  Don't let 1 game get I. the way of your opinion and quote it as facts.  

Let's see how we play today, I'm sure Jets will try running the same scheme.  I'm going to guess we come out more balanced and this myth of Cover 2 gives us issues, can be boiled down to Dabolls playcalling.

First of all, it isn’t a myth.  Look at the last few games.  It is what we did to Mahommes. 

Can we beat a cover 2?  Yes.  Allen must be patient and take the underneath stuff.   Daboll needs to call a better game, not  be one dimensional and run the ball more effectively.  Stop the stupid drive killing  penalties.  OL has to give Allen time to find a receiver when the medium and deep stuff is taken away.  

Cover 2 is nothing new or unbeatable.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

The greater the expectation that Josh carries this Oline, the greater the chance he gets injured. Of all outcomes, this is the worst. Josh is a competitor and he is going to do everything he can to make the Bill's successful, even if it means trying to be superman.  Every time I see him trying to make something out of nothing, I get really anxious.

I find myself holding my breath too.