Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well this sets the WR group for the season.

Maybe a 6-7 round BPA at WR and some camp bodies.

Not necessarily, a WR at any round is still in play given Beasley's and Sanders age. Kadarius Toney would be a great option at 30 and locks in your WR group as a top 3 group for 2 to 3 years

• Like (+1) 1

He definitely showed an ability to make the jump to legitimate NFL playmaker last year.  Really nice WR group with Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Sanders, McKenzie and Hodgins.  Have to imagine they will give him the opportunity to be KR/PR?..

Fantastic news.  You know he wanted to be back and I'm glad they got it done.  Very important signing; will likely be first in line replacing Andre Roberts on returns, and has become a more complete receiver as well.  Super attitude and great locker room guy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Not necessarily, a WR at any round is still in play given Beasley's and Sanders age. Kadarius Toney would be a great option at 30 and locks in your WR group as a top 3 group for 2 to 3 years

I don't think so.  Beane isn't using another 1st rounder on WR.  They will address it next year in regards to the age stuff.

CB and DE in the 1st 2 rounds would be my bet.

• Agree 3

Great news! Was hoping for this. Possible he may get the K/R-P/R reps. Just hope he is reliable fielding those kicks and don't have to stress he may drop or muff the catch.

Definitely fast enough, he's proven that. If he gets loose on a return it's not many that could catch him. Also due to him knowing the offense is another reason why I wanted him back and not a rookie or a different WR.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't think so.  Beane isn't using another 1st rounder on WR.  They will address it next year in regards to the age stuff.

Yup I agree. He may select a WR, but definitely won't be with the 1st pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don’t think Beane is eliminating the possibility of using a late 1st on a WR just because of what he gave up to get Diggs. 

WRs typically don’t put up big numbers as rookies. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to take on in the first few rounds to develop behind vets like Beasley, Sanders and Diggs rather than just throwing them in the fire because we have nobody else. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Love me some McKenzie. Can't wait for the training camp threads where the next UDFA 6ft4 receiver who can't run is getting love from fans who want McKenzie cut. 

Really? Wonder why some wanted him cut? Kinda weird....

36 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Resigned is an adjective that means having an accepting, unresisting attitude or in a state of submission. A person who is resigned is often in a state of realization that the negative situation that is happening to them will continue to happen and that they can't do anything to stop it.

lol had too.  Re-signed

I ought to know better, but when I saw the post the first thing I thought of was "Isaiah McKenzie retired? Is it because of concussion risk, etc."

Glad to see that missing hyphen didn't mean anything like that.

• Like (+1) 1

We need our hyphenate.

And when I say hyphenate, I don't mean that he's a WR - gadget guy - returner.

I mean he re-signed. With a hyphen. 

Unless he decides to leave a job at some point, which would be resigning. I know, I know, who cares, right? But it's a whole different word.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not so sure. Sanders is only here for a year and Beasley isn’t getting any younger. 

We have Davis and not much else in terms of young WR talent. 

I'd say Diggs should still qualify as young but maybe I'm wrong. 

50 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Figured as much.

Much like last season,