Fitz OUT sunday

BillsMafi$

30 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This is brutal for Miami.  And since Fitz practiced yesterday,  the Phins are having to go through contact tracing and Tua is not out of the woods as being a Covid casualty as well.  All it takes as Tua being in the same enclosed room as Fitz, as well as any other players.

I'm worried for the Bills too.  What if we have an outbreak before the playoffs.  ugh!

Not excited for the potential slow-roll of positives and the possibility of a Dolphin being contagious on Sunday.  

As for our guys, remember when Bruuuuce didn't get a flu shot and was was sick for the 1988 Championship game?  

I hate for these things to be determined by injury/illness.

If McDermott doesn't believe Tua is a future franchise QB based on what he has seen on film and he wants to play chess while everyone else is playing checkers maybe he and Leslie Frazier call a game plan that makes Tua look respectable? I'm not saying we want him going off for 4 TDs and 300 yards but maybe just don't call a game plan that really brings the pressure, particularly if it's the second half and we already have two score lead. Give them hope for next season so the Dolphins don't see a need to give him the Josh Rosen treatment.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

It also helps our defense preparing for this game we can just focus on making Tua looking like a BUST 

It also helps our defense preparing for this game we can just focus on making Tua looking like a BUST 

johnny 3 times? 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NE Branch said:

Not excited for the potential slow-roll of positives and the possibility of a Dolphin being contagious on Sunday.  

As for our guys, remember when Bruuuuce didn't get a flu shot and was was sick for the 1988 Championship game?  

I hate for these things to be determined by injury/illness.

The Bruce Smith incident you are referring to was the 1995 divisional playoff at Pittsburgh, not the ‘88 AFCC.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If McDermott doesn't believe Tua is a future franchise QB based on what he has seen on film and he wants to play chess while everyone else is playing checkers maybe he and Leslie Frazier call a game plan that makes Tua look respectable? I'm not saying we want him going off for 4 TDs and 300 yards but maybe just don't call a game plan that really brings the pressure, particularly if it's the second half and we already have two score lead. Give them hope for next season so the Dolphins don't see a need to give him the Josh Rosen treatment.

Nothing can happen during this game that will cause the Fins to give up on Tua for next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Nothing can happen during this game that will cause the Fins to give up on Tua for next year.

I wouldn't be so confident in that. The guy has already been benched twice. I get that they are in a unique circumstance. But for all we know they could be seriously considering his future already before this game. If he has a terrible game playing against Buffalo's back ups most the game that could be a problem when they have the third overall pick. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I wouldn't be so confident in that. The guy has already been benched twice. I get that they are in a unique circumstance. But for all we know they could be seriously considering his future already before this game. If he has a terrible game playing against Buffalo's back ups most the game that could be a problem when they have the third overall pick. 

I actually forgot they had that high pick.  Still, I don't see the logic in sticking with him as a starter during this playoff run if there's any chance he's not the starter in 2021.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Miami is in draft heaven this coming draft.  There's the good chance they don't see a draft like this one for another decade or so.  I think Tua could have convinced the owners & mgmt to not draft a QB this year.  I don't think Tua's convinced them.  Tua or another first round QB this time, would carry some trade value for Miami.  That said, Miami will have to choose the right one.

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Normally hearing our opponents backup QB is out is no big deal, but since he is the better of the 2 and would most likely have had to come in to bail out Tua again, it is a huge deal. 

No safety net for Tua this week.  Will be interesting to see if it affects him mentally in a positive or negative fashion or maybe not at all..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

he will be playing vs our 2/3rd stringers 

prob won't have a big game but do enough for the win. 

Our back up defense vs their offense is less of an issue compared to our back up offense vs their starting defense.