Bills sign Brandon Beane to contract extension!!!

Logic

This team went from 2000-2016 not making the playoffs in any season and having just 2 winning seasons along with no hope at QB outside of the fact that Tyrod Taylor was a decent low end starter and Drew Bledose and Fitz each had half a good season. From 2017-2020 this team has had 2 playoff appearances, is knocking on the door of a third, has had 3 winning seasons and looks like it has a franchise QB in his prime. Beane hasn't been perfect but he has made a perennial laughing stock into a legitimate contender set up for short term and long term success. Overall I am super impressed with the job both have done and they will be here the next 3 seasons no matter what. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

In a year that the world falls apart, the Bills ironically capitalize on stability.   Kudos to Beane and the Bills Org. 

If someone said the Bills could be SB contenders, UB would be ranked, but the world would turn to ****, gotta admit that's a tough choice.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Very good news as far as I am concerned.  It has not been perfect, but Beane has done a masterful job of rebuilding this organization, top to bottom.  Thrilled that he and Coach McD have this team in their hands for 5 more years.  

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

@BADOLBILZ

do you approve of extending Beane?  

Sure, why not? 

I've never once advocated for getting rid of Beane or McDermott.

They've both made some egregious errors.......McDermott passing on Mahomes was as bad as it gets..........Beane's Kelvin Benjamin trade......his terrible 2018 free agent class.......giving away $3.5M for a two week trial on Corey Coleman...........his drafting of Cody Ford with 3 amazing WR1's on the board(which forced his hand to trade a bunch of picks for Diggs in the following draft)........trading potential 2020 All Pro Wyatt Teller for a late pick.   

You could certainly make the argument that his judgement wrt personnel is as mixed as the Bills previous GM's.

But he earned my support when he made the moves and selected Josh Allen..........whether it worked out or not he was the first GM to actually take a QB with the Bills original first round pick or trade up from it since they took Richie Lucas in 1960.     More than the GM or HC hires the reason they haven't been winning was trying to shortcut on the QB position.

And he is the first GM that the Bills have had where I've actually liked every one of the players the Bills chose in round 1 this far into his regime.  

Just as important are a couple intangibles:

1) Beane and McDermott adjust to their mistakes.......they aren't stubborn about being right in their evaluations or decisions........they quickly pivoted from Rick Dennison,  big possession WR's and a bunch of other mistakes.     

2) The MF'ers are LUCKY..........and as someone who also possesses that trait..........I most definitely approve.   A combo who can pass on Mahomes and get a shot at a Josh Allen the very next draft season is incredibly lucky.   Trade away a pick that becomes Justin Jefferson........but gets a vet who is exceeds many expectations.    It's fascinating how many opportunities McBeane have had land in their laps and they have made a bunch of mistakes but they always seem to get a mulligan.     Lucky is even better than good.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Before this season started, I had five wishes:

1. Extend Tre'Davious White
2. Extend Dion Dawkins

3. Extend McDermott and Beane. 

4. Josh Allen proves to be a franchise QB
5. Bills win the division

So far, we have a big check mark next to four out of five. Only one left to go! 

If you had you had six wishes, all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

Sorry this post made me think of an Steve Martin holiday wish skit lol 

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If someone said the Bills could be SB contenders, UB would be ranked, but the world would turn to ****, gotta admit that's a tough choice.

I draw the line at... the bills have to win.    After that who am I to judge what happens to the world. 

• Haha (+1) 1

But, but, but, that troll a few weeks ago said he was getting fired and started that incredible thread. 😡😁😃😅😆☺️😇

Happy for Beane and expected this a long time ago.  The funny thing is they never had to announce anything.  Those two are a dynamic duo.  Welcome to Steelers like success.   Nothing regarding the game this week, but a well run organization with consistency for decades in ownership, management, and coaching.  Love it!